What is the best flash drive for the money?

what is the best flash drive for the money?

Attached: flash_drive_introB.jpg (500x354, 25K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/dp/B01NARBPI7
amazon.com/dp/B01MU8TZRV
amazon.com/dp/B07N48N5GR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

For what money?

I've always liked the sandisk ultra, pic related

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x300, 9K)

San disk has been shit since western digital bought them out.

just a solid budget flash drive. 64 gigs i guess.

Cheapest price per GB? or best performance/size for a certain price?

Unironically an mSD/SD USB adaptor + card. That way once its borked you can just replace the card and it will be just like new again.

Most USB flash drives (especially chinky ones) are essentially this now. pic related

Attached: iuxorcc18yd21 (1).jpg (1080x653, 81K)

best performance, quality, and size for a lower price. i dont have an exact budget, i just need a couple extra flash drives and dont wanna get something thats shit

Probably just some ali drive for $3, because the "fucking cheap nearly no money at all" part skews the equation as stated, even if you might have to order two to get a higher chance of having one that works.

The smallest cheapest one you can find.

> dont wanna get something thats shit
Can't have it all in a relative sense.

Do you want to pay for a premium fast completely tested warranty-covered brandshit device with amazing specs, or do you want cheap and "probably works"? Pick.

SanDisk Extreme Go USB 3.1
amazon.com/dp/B01NARBPI7

unless you want extreme performance, then get the SanDisk Extreme Pro USB 3.1
amazon.com/dp/B01MU8TZRV
Though this one only comes in 128 or 256GB, not 64GB

OTOH if you don't want anything special, an USB2 Chinesium 64GB drive is like $5 - 1/4 the price.

Yeah with write performance that makes floppy disks look fast.

It won't be fast, but of course it'll be faster than floppies - maybe 25MB/s or so.

But you only have 64GB to write to, and you're not usually writing the whole drive. Shouldn't matter much.

lol, more like 5-10MB/s if you're lucky.

Even decent brand $10-15 64GB drives will have ~20-25MB/s writes. Let alone $5 chink ones.

Eh, Chink 32GB microSD already had 20MB/s five or so years ago when Jow Forumscsg/ bought Mixza sharks & obviously the 64GB models were faster than 25MB/s.

But maybe the $5 USB sticks are 10MB/s in instances, certainly didn't pool the whole damn market. Pretty sure there will be faster models though, they generally won't intentionally make 64GB storage even slower, it's just gonna be the speed of cheap parts. And that's probably more toward 20-25MB/s.

build one with a 1TB Samsung M.2 SSD inside

Get a real ssd

Attached: eVtran-V26S-Read450MB-s-Write400MB-s-USB3-0-256G-MLC-256M-DDR3-USB3-0-FlashDisk-USB3.jpg (800x800, 255K)

still aint a real ssd.

amazon.com/dp/B07N48N5GR

This is what you really need. Pair it with a good M.2 NVMe drive and you're golden.

user do you want me to take more pics?

Attached: 20181020_203123.jpg (2880x2160, 2.79M)

i'm saying it's a puny bitch SSD, i understand that technically it IS an SSD.

problem is that 256gb is way too much space. You want USB drives to be as cheap as possible, since a big use case there is "I need to give this other person some files". 32GB is usually plenty for that, and if the other person fails to give you your drive back you'd rather it be a $5 piece of chink shit instead of something you spent a meaningful amount of money on.

a free one

Can't fit 4k blurays on 32GB

If you want something to put random stuff on every now and then, just get the cheapest drive with good reviews. Chances are it'll have a fast cache, meaning performance will dramatically decrease for any file over ~100mb

More expensive sticks (do your research to confirm) will usually have faster silicon across the board, meaning transfer speeds should remain consistent throughout the writing process.

It's the main reason I went to slightly more expensive drives, once your transfers get into gigabyte territory 4mb/s vs 300mb/s makes a big difference

>3x cheapo drives for borrowing/sharing stuff
>1x 128GB SSD in an enclosure for personal use