Is a headphone jack in phones still necessary in current year?

Is a headphone jack in phones still necessary in current year?

Attached: 5d6031b6adbcf86752422ca4-750-375.jpg (750x375, 30K)

A phone isn't even necessary.

t. NEET/incarcerated/labourer

It's an option for people who want to use their phones as high quality media players. These people want to use FLACs so wouldn't be using an iToy anyways. The majority of the population doesn't need it. That being said, what the fuck is with every phone needing to be a professional grade DSLR? Probably fewer people are professional photographers than are audiophiles. Multiple cameras should go the way of the jack.

no but phones should come with a passthru dongle for the option for at least the next 10 years.

What kind of a dumbass fucking question is this?

>good goy, headphone jacks are outdated, just buy $300 bluetooth headphones with inferior sound quality that run out of battery every two hours

A smartphone will NEVER meet the demands of an actual photographer EVER

the lenses are too god damned small

Unless they start offering a 2nd USB-C port on phones and peripherals that connect via USB-C, yes a headphone jack is still needed.
>But muh dongles
>Lmao who charges a phone and listens to music at the same time?
I don't get how it is that phone manufacturers are stripping features from a device and somehow convincing their fanbases that it's a good thing. Shit if we could put a phone together a la carte, I'd ditch the front facing camera.

more lenses
>but you can't just keep addi-
more lenses
>you can't jus-
MORE
>you c-
LENSES

>charging by wire
are you poor

Nope!

Attached: libratone-q-adapt-in-ear-usb-c-best-usb-c-in-hand.jpg (2200x1238, 792K)

>I like having less options and utility out of my device
Oh no. It's retarded!

I have a headphone jack and I very rarely charge by wire, it doesn't "add utility". You buy a bunch of charging pads, for your desk, for your car, for your living room, and whenever you put your phone down it's charging. The convenience of wireless charging scales with the number of chargers you have. My phone rarely goes below 80% charge.

>I like having holes on my device
I don't. Give me a smartphone with no holes, no seams and no buttons. Only with haptic feedback and pressure sensors.

Photo quality is easier to tell than the esoteric thelema bullshit of audiophiles.

>You buy a bunch of charging pads
Ten points have been deposited into your good goy account.

you know some people charge their phone in their car while using the aux cable where wireless charging isn't present unless you buy those overpriced cheap bulky plastic wireless charger docks right

Does samsung support analogue audio over usb?

>what the fuck is with every phone needing to be a professional grade DSLR?
Phones come nowhere near DSLRs, neither in effective resolution, dynamic range, signal/noise ratio nor in low light capabilities.
Not even to mention the manual adjustments a DSLR offers to be used in an artistic way.
As an example the nice bokeh a fast prime gives you on a full frame body or the long exposures with motion blur.
>Probably fewer people are professional photographers than are audiophiles. Multiple cameras should go the way of the jack.
I agree with that, also calling a 52mm equivalent lens a "telephoto" lens is just stupid, 50 mm is THE standard focal length.

>You're telling me I have to BUY INTO new technology to see the benefits? WHERE'S my FREE chargers?
shoo shoo commie

Screens on both sides, detects flipping gesture to scroll pages.

Phones are rendered featureless literally just to make them cheaper to manufacture.

Good modern cars come with wireless charge pads and most recent cars have plastic docks custom fitted for their change tray or whatever available. Try not being poor.

I don't get why they keep adding lenses instead of switching to larger sensors with better lenses in front of them.
It's not like these tiny sensors have noise issues even at rather low ISO or have resolution much higher than their lenses can deal with.

>lmao bruh just get a new phone missing a whole bunch of features
>bruh you just have to buy a brand new car that tracks your every move that comes with all the technology to compliment your now featureless phone
>poors lmao
You're a faggot.

>you have to buy into new tech? wahhhh
enjoy your 386

>just buy a brand new car
What the fuck man I'm not spending $20,000 just to get wireless charging and nothing else you retard

>t. actual poor person because he buys meme tech.

Meanwhile I have a Samsung Note 9, the last good phone made and drive a BMW M5. Must suck to suck.

Yeah, and then life lends you a ferrari, but you have to listen to latina bullshit on radio because you can't into aux.

They haven't had bad sound quality in years

>I use a generation old phone and drive a $5k 90s BMW
lol

>$5k
add $95,000 to that. Poor people brag about having the latest gadget because to them $2k on a new laptop is a lot of money.

>claims to drive an M5
>refuses to say the year
>thinks we'll believe it's not a used polish shitbox

Honestly no
wearing headphones causes hearing damage. Id prefer larger built in speakers

I'd rather buy a phone with no speaker than a phone with no headphone jack.

It literally doesn't retard

how loud do you have your headphone at all times that you're causing hearing damage?

If the signal comes out worse than it went in, it's still bad.