/svg/ Silicon Valley General

It's time for another SVG. Only SV wagies post in here. Rent out of control? Performance review season getting you down? Machine Learning buzzwords giving you a headache? Air out your gripes.

Attached: Silicon_valley_title.png (421x236, 261K)

One thing that I can't stand about this place is how isolated it makes you feel especially if you're not from California. Sure you meet nerdy friends, but you don't have any way of meeting people like you used to in college. I don't know, am I expecting too much from this place? Should I be happy with what I have?

You have two real options.
1. Move to SF and get involved with the cool shit happening there.
2. Go to Campbell or downtown SJC and pick up some fucking SJ locs. Latinas my guy.

I'm in the MTV area... I'm more into asians desu, they're just not approachable here because you know they're other employees... or maybe I'm just not feeling the confidence I used to have in college.
Don't come to silicon valley if you're not married already I guess?

Yea I get it. It sucks dude. There's a lot of local asians too, but generally they suck. One thing you can do is take a course at the local college and hit on chicks that way. Obviously online dating too. But I hate the valley and I just commute. Work on the train.

If you want to stay try hitting up MINIBOSS one night. I've played killer queen with randos and made some friends that way. Also plent of asian girls... they're more open to vidya.

If you're into techno I'd go to the raves run by the guys at RS94109 in the city. Also made friends going into SF for raves when I lived in Sunnyvale. The uber is expensive but i like to dance

>yellow fever
Yikes

Attached: 1565303563112-1.png (128x128, 27K)

>If you want to stay try hitting up MINIBOSS one night. I've played killer queen with randos and made some friends that way. Also plent of asian girls... they're more open to vidya.
What's MINIBOSS?

larp more

Attached: 1555837279296.jpg (416x416, 20K)

Join the fight club.

>san francisco, need to crap
>open designated shitting app
>it tells me where to poo on streets
>and uploads the data from my sd

Infinite Apple Loo will flood the Valley.

this desu senpai

I live in Mountain View and it's a googler normie wasteland that's getting worse by the day. I want to escape but I've got below market rent so I'd have to pay a premium to move anywhere else in the bay area.

I've been here for ten years and haven't made any friends. Every job has been hell on Earth and by this point I'm just waiting for death.

Fuck SV

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 79K)

we here make over 300k?

Might move to south bay from Canada after I graduate.. had some decent co-ops in the states.

Is the high cost of living worth it? I just want to sock away money, don't really care about anything else, don't care about women or nightlife or any of that stuff..

>Is the high cost of living worth it?
only if you work for FANG

I thought these were per company level. Else, how do you join?

Just signed my Google offer letter. Time to join the Mountain View Botnet Gang.

FUCK OFF WE ARE FULL

Hell, I'm from Cali and I feel this. The bay area culture is vastly different from other parts of the state, like SoCal or even Sac.
What kind of cool shit happens there? I'm living in Oakland now, but BART makes it easy to head into SF.

normie shit. SF has really good food though

>normie shit
What does that mean? Raves? Bars? Clubs? Music Festivals? House parties?

>good food tho
Always open to recommendations.

idk what normies do and for food you REALLY don't have to look far just use google maps or somethign.

Living in Milpitas and commute to Mountain View ya or nah?

Seattle might be better right now since its not as saturated so the rent is not nearly as high. All the major players have offices there too.

>>normie shit
>What does that mean? Raves? Bars? Clubs? Music Festivals? House parties?
strip malls
dive bars
really bad oriental and indian restaurants
restaurants like Applebees considered high class
would be considered lower-middleclass neighborhoods in any other city
nothing else going on

if you dont mind living in the ghetto for cheap rent

how hard is it to get prostitutes? clean ones.

>I work at wal-mart, therefore everyone else on this board must have a similar job too

How much experience do you have, and what's your TC?

Don't work in SV, but my boss did a temp stint at a startup and now he's obsessed with making us into one.
Mandatory pair programming, trying to apply machine learning to literally everything we do, dumb star-wars project names, and morning "stand up" sessions.

He's actually a darn good supervisor and a really skilled programmer, but holy crap sometimes all of the meme startup shit is a bit too much.

Attached: 1535117626319.jpg (1029x931, 242K)

What's wrong with wal-mart? I work at the wally world in mountain view

Attached: 1568508942641.jpg (716x768, 79K)

>hurrr everyone is as much as a loser as I am

>Time to join the Mountain View
Please consider another office, for your own well being and ours.