What smartphones could have been

what smartphones could have been...
instead we get black rectangles

Attached: EELVtoyUwAAzDw_.jpg (2048x1464, 290K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fna14GqCGBg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

That looks like shit.

damn that looks like crap

That is too angular and bumpy.

it was much better with qwerty physical

Attached: LG Voyager.gif (830x467, 161K)

looks like those shitty shock resistant cameras

Attached: fj.jpg (474x315, 20K)

Attached: another20android20prptotype202008-11352339.jpg (400x645, 48K)

I like the spinny camera
Just needs 18650 batteries

Soooo a nokia e72

Theres a weird aesthetic about flip-phones that I miss

That's dumb. He just slapped some Apple logo on his design without any thought.
It rather looks like something that would have been made by some Japanese brand.

touch screen phones with external keyboards were actually usable, i dont understand why they switched to mainly making them touch-screen only

wheres its screen

Yep, looks very Sony-ish

The screen is the smartphone, if it's not screen it's there due to tech limitation.

Attached: r9906uyd68kx.png (640x970, 301K)

More based than your three hole poz square with no headphone jack

exactly

Attached: Sony CMDJ5.jpg (474x902, 34K)

>nokia e72
I still have e61i

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-14 Review Nokia E71 Is a Legit iPhone Killer — We’re Serious This Time.png (626x771, 286K)

Does any company make smartphones with real keyboards anymore? there was this gemini pda(?) some time ago but haven't heard about it since.

Attached: low quality.png (403x349, 14K)

It's clearly influenced by the apple newton e300

Attached: applel.jpg (1600x1200, 176K)

Apple would never look like that
Not that i dislike how that looks

>clearly

I'm just fucking with you and it looks more like a jap camera anyways haha

Blackberry is basically the only one

Oh ok uglyface

Actually, mid-90s apple WOULD look like that

Attached: file.png (800x694, 582K)

Now THAT is retarded.

That looks horrible to service, repair or use. Is that a fucking cassette player or some shit?

>no built-in storage for airpods
i came

So the exact same thing but now it looks like shit for the sake of calming down boomers?

>boomers
Boomers typically don't think about design and just like whatever apple gives them because it's expensive and so must be good

>viewmaster
Based

If only this was as powerful as it looks

Attached: 1476428217221.jpg (1024x1025, 92K)

I saw this and the slot reminds me of minidiscs... using them was a lot of fun when everyone else had CDs. Imagine a modern version of them, if we can store 512GB on an SD card how much could we store on a modern minidisc? Unless optical stuff has been stagnant.

Reminder that the Apple cameras were neither designed nor manufactured by Apple, and non-Apple versions of each camera exists

Attached: Fuji DS-7 (b).jpg (2500x1667, 1.16M)

Reminder that if your don't think that OP's image looks great, you have been programmed by Apple's minimalist bugman aesthetic and should promptly fix yourself.

You'll never get a design with moving parts and removable memory ever again because those cost money and consumer tech has been in a wild nosedive to the bottom since 2003.
IBM saw this early and ditched consumer PCs and sold their entire PC brand to lenovo in 2004.

Attached: gee dream thinkpad.png (1600x1324, 1.88M)

This looks like fucking Spy Gear

Attached: spylistener61713webshot.jpg (412x550, 77K)

>camera bumps are still a thing.

Looks like a hell of a lot of cheap plastic parts to break and require total replacement, Apple only wishes they could get away with that shit. And is that a fucking floppy disk drive on a handheld device? Why? It's like an unironic zoomer just stuck an Apple logo on a generic "JDM aesthetic" accessory.

>IBM saw this early and ditched consumer PCs and sold their entire PC brand to lenovo in 2004.
They saw this in the '80s, they just kept going at it as long as they could still fleece their Macfaggot-tier delusional cult while actually making a profit from it.

IBM may have held out longer if there shit wasn't so easily reproducible

>and sold their entire PC brand to lenovo in 2004.
fucking hell, has it been this long already?

>instead we get black rectangles
no, you can them in white too, think off the possibilities

Then they'd just have ended up with another black-box 5120 or System/23 with high R&D overhead and poor support that nobody wanted. The IBM name carried a lot of pull, but that's only what sparked the interest; the endless options and possibilities of the relatively open PC platform did the rest.

Attached: 592493-large.jpg (1398x1310, 148K)

Truth.

Attached: jvc_xmr70_black.gif (340x289, 44K)

>actually defending apple
design by committee or design by the masses is obviously a shit idea, but come on man

> rotary controlls > 2 button controlls
You kids don't remember rotary controlls on electronics & monitors, I do. They ware very comfortable, much, much better than todays shit.
I especially loved the one where you could click-push the scroll wheel to confirm choice, Sony made that.
Sigh.

Attached: 1567420776223.png (1160x720, 643K)

>complains about black rectangles
>posts a black rectangle
Could've at least posted a square or a circle

Attached: s-l640.jpg (480x640, 68K)

When is this 80s/90s Japanese look going to come back in fashion for actual electronics?

Looks like it was made by Sony.

>what smartphones could have been...
That is a black rectangle you dumbass

>plastic parts to break
imagine actually believing aluminum is a ''premium'' material

>black plastic sony clié ripoff

Is it weird that I prefer lumpy old 80's/90's looking technology over the smooth sleek round stuff we have now?

I love when an electronic device looks like some kind of beefy industrial/commercial tool.

Attached: minidisk.jpg (580x435, 45K)

What's wrong with a black rectangle? You visit Fisher Price often?

What is this garbage design? LMAO
Apple BTFO etc

Thank God.

Ok but really though the emate was peak apple design

>screen so dull you can barely see it
yep that's a thinkpad alright

Manufacturing costs. It's cheaper to just make a featureless slab of glass and put a $400 price tag on it.

Where could it possibly be user? I got no clue.

I just want
SD card
Lots of storage
Big removable battery

I want phone that runs full fat windows.

It doesn't have to be horrible to repair, service or use. It all depends on how it is assembled etc. Glued in parts and shit like that on modern phones are way more annoying to deal with in my opinion.

never ever

Holy shit this is the most boomer thread I have ever seen. Go to bed

>punchcard
>floppy
>radio
>ethernet
>AC power
if the OS on it wasn't shit then I could probably hack the Gibson with it

>crank 1.21GW through backlight
>complain about battery life
>ffwd 5 years, device is 80% battery by weight

squares are rectangles

ur a rectangle

Hey boomer buy a BlackBerry.

I don't think it's boomer, probably 2002 kids who think late 90's early 00's were the peak of design and so vaporwave or some other buzzword

yeah mate, a glass sandwich on the counterpart is easy to service and very cheap right?

Thanks to folding screens, they might just come back.

Attached: Moto-RAZR-2019-Mockup-0_md.jpg (864x486, 40K)

I legit used to have one of these, it was a great phone, I always dream of owning one again, but I know it's the rose tinted glasses making me do it.

and this is bad how

Never, ever. Sadly.

No. Sony didnt mind spending money on good design, their stuff was the shit, and build quality was superb.

Attached: G4S2U1AIiNkxSV1NKChJ.gif (240x321, 77K)

>YOU ARE SILLY

>dat swivel mounted camera

Hitachi did that back in 2002 with their wonderful SH-G1000, which I owned. Fuckin loved that phone.

Attached: hitachi-sh-g1000.jpg (294x400, 22K)

>only 2 vga ports
literally unusable crap

I miss mine.

Mobile Windows was geared really well for getting shit done. Used to have a Dell Axim in high school. Was amazing for giving me a reliable device to type on when the shitty Macbooks failed to work. (like once a week)

I still use a N97 mini as a backup phone (for kayaking, hitchhiking and stuff). Nokia dropped the ball on Symbian and the hardware for it by the end, but it's still pretty comfy.

Attached: n97.jpg (1024x768, 129K)

Fpbp

Get a Fairphone 3 then. It’s all modular, serviceable and dope as fuck.

Looks like Sony Mini Disc with build in camera.

Attached: 18da38kejg7icjpg.jpg (1600x900, 143K)

You want a camera with a cassette player? Where's the phone part plof this phone?

Man, Nokia's slide mechanism was based. Screw flip/fold tech, they should bring this back.

I don't know. I like bezels, I abhor full screen design, but physical keyboard means nothing to me. Maybe because I'm a big boy with big fingers, so I use swype not tappity tap.
Physical keys would not make much difference for me.

its called dominant design, not fault of one company but the mainstream users

i still use a priv, and it really is a perfect example of what phones could have been. a slide out QWERTY keyboard that doubles as a capacative touchpad is legitimately a good idea. it has some drawbacks being an older device but keyboard shortcuts more than make up for it

youtube.com/watch?v=fna14GqCGBg

there's even a mouse mode on the verizon version. its really sad that this hardware never got the attention it deserved

Attached: should have been.jpg (1200x800, 103K)

Looks a lot like a rectangle.

you can swipe to type on the physical keyboard, and having physical feedback for your finger to follow makes it work a lot better. i can't find any gifs of someone doing that on the priv so here's someone using the much shittier keyone

Attached: keyone-swipe.gif (350x622, 3.62M)

My cock is so hard right now.

Just give me a physical keyboard on a modern device. I don't care if it makes it twice as thick, just give it to me. I understand touch screens are a necessary evil for such a small device meant to do a million things, but typing should never be one of them. Only subhumans are satisfied with that.

Attached: 1563478114760.jpg (1440x1380, 387K)

I need this!