Without Bill Gates, all of this would not exist

Without Bill Gates, personal computers and consequently the internet would only be an obscure niche like ham radio or theremin music.

Windows brought ease-of-use and with it came mass demand which, by virtue of economics, made PCs affordable to everyone instead of costing thousands of dollars for entry-level.

If Bill Gates had never existed. None of this would be here. Richard Stallman would still be posting on usenet to a microscopic readership.

You guys are hypocrites and deep down you know it. Bill Gates certainly deserves his place on the sticky thread.

It's irrelevant whether Bill invented any of it.
He had a vision : To bring computing to the masses and he succeeded. The only reason nobody here is giving him his dues is because you are prejudiced.

Attached: c60bfd79e990878486374b7d833ccd8e.jpg (900x1266, 122K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mdt0SOqPJcg
youtube.com/watch?v=pyg-DYm7b0A
youtu.be/gzip3IGmuHU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>personal computers and consequently the internet would only be an obscure niche like ham radio or theremin music.
>Richard Stallman would still be posting on usenet to a microscopic readership.

That would be a good future compared to what we have now. Retards should never have been allowed to use computers.

Not really. IBM would of had stronger footing in the PC space.

computer technology sucks
no one would care

we would just be using xerox operating systems. they would probably be better than what we have today.

Just like ungrateful children who cannot see everything their parents have done for them.

I think Steve had cancer and Bill had Halo.

Attached: 567ab8151f0000c000e9c701.jpg (591x779, 108K)

someone else would have done it you Pepege, but since he was the one that done it credit is due. But your argument is retarded.

>obscure niche like ham radio
nah man, it's you are an obscure niche
PCs are already becoming an obscure niche btw, smartphones replace them widely.

Attached: %.jpg (800x600, 32K)

No, YOUR argument is retarded. You have no basis at all for your stance of “someone else would have done it”. That is an assumption based on your small brain scrambling to keep the timeline the same, as you can’t handle the idea that the present as we know it was literally brought about by a very small handful of people.

He simply got a pc to market before anyone else. There's that one quote that he and Steve Jobs both just ripped off what they saw Xerox working on.

>would of
kys illiterate

Trolling is not permitted on Jow Forums, kid. Take this shit to reddit where they might believe your bullshit.

>personal computers and consequently the internet would only be an obscure niche like ham radio or theremin music.
Is this supposed to be a bad thing?

>he and Steve Jobs both just ripped off what they saw Xerox working on
Because Xerox had no fucking clue what to do with GUIs.
No, (You) need to go back.

I had a macintosh before a windows computer.

bill gates deserves a sticky!

>thermin
>niche
youtube.com/watch?v=mdt0SOqPJcg

GNU 1983
Windows 1985

Attached: 1510596783786.jpg (1001x1001, 155K)

Just letting you know, this is actually how Jow Forums wants it. They're the kind of loser shits that want all of this to go away, they actually want it to be expensive and unusable because they think sitting at home in the basement paying out the ass for a basic desktop pc made them "wild west pioneers" by posting on shitty usenet forums about irrelevant things that didn't even matter at the time.

This is why they're so obsessed with sticking to IRC, so they can jerk off and pretend none of this ever happened, and they are some sort of internet historian experts. They actually want it to be shitty.

the internet died in 2007

Attached: tears.gif (400x225, 1.9M)

What are Bill's favorite sips?

Attached: bill sips.png (1212x948, 568K)

Hello, I'm Bill Gates, chairman of Microsoft.

youtube.com/watch?v=pyg-DYm7b0A

Attached: Bill-Gates-Young.jpg (960x720, 94K)

why 2007

Don't forget the man who got him there.

Attached: ballmer headshot-800_0 png (WEBP Image, 800 × 956 pixels) - Scaled (99%).jpg (792x947, 201K)

I'll bite this bait. I agree, Windows being so dominate during the 90s gave structure for shit to be built upon. Having a dozen competing brands would have just created a mess. The constant reinventing the wheel the Linux and BSD community get into when it comes to package managers for distro is proof enough of this.

And thank god their dumpster fire PC DOS died.

In other words, everything is HIS FAULT.

>Because Xerox had no fucking clue what to do with GUIs.

Thats why it pays to be a cunt hair behind innovators that don't know what to do with their creations.

He planted some good seeds but knew fuck all about making them grow.

His office ettiquete is questionable at best.
youtu.be/gzip3IGmuHU

>microsoft's first product was windows
You have to be 18 to post here.
Probably tea of some kind.
His face screams "Activate it"
Found the zoomer.

there is literally zero tea in his fridge behind him

Attached: 2007, the end of the internet.jpg (4576x2000, 1.85M)

ironically ask any wannabe usenet shit and they will bring up some gay meme about a particular month and cite you as the wave of normies

there have been a few waves
I liked 2008-2013, despite posting that image
there was a wave in 2014 and another in 2016. the latter wave was bigger for Jow Forums though

Litterally false. We would just use something else than msdos back in the day. If windows didn't exist a few things would have changed maybe but computers would evolve the same way they did with msdos more or less.

people thought of him as the new big brother even tho microsoft in his peak wasn´t as shady compared to present day tech companies like Google and Facebook, how laughable

If Steve Jobs didn't exist alongside Bill Gates, the entire world would have been a much better place today.

Personally, I think Steve's real mom should have just given him the hook when she got the chance.

Would trade Wozniak for a better world. Sorry, Woz.

>Without Bill Gates, personal computers and consequently the internet would only be an obscure niche like ham radio or theremin music.
In other words, it would be a lot better?

You do realize there are now 18 year olds who were born post 2000's?
user the only people who remember ms-dos would be in their 30's at a minimum. user... there are legal adults living today who weren't even born when you were already a legal adult. Go look in the mirror. Look at the lines user.

>the only people who remember ms-dos would be in their 30's at a minimum
Wrong. I'm recently 27 and remember. There's just no reason for someone on fucking Jow Forums to be that clueless.

You don't remember. You heard about it after the fact.

I didn't finish high school and still know that's supposed to be "would have"

>you made a typo so your statement is incorrect

>You don't remember
Do I remember the pre-Windows era? Of course not. But you're a fucking idiot if you don't think there were still DOS machines running in the mid-late 90's into the early 2000's. Don't forget that Windows used to run on DOS.
>You heard about it after the fact.
I made the zoom-zoom mad.

Microsoft weren't successful because of the quality of their software, they were only successful because IBM made it so. If IBM didn't go with Microsoft they would have gone with someone else and things would be exactly the same.

I'd prefer the niche internet to the mass internet desu, the way the network is currently used is by and large terrible. Psychologically abusing the human need for closure to ensure infinite scrolling through discussions that alternate between boring and mildly amusing, every conversation having a prefabricated meme response.
Although the ideal would be the internet circa 1998-2003. It's a meme that it was obscure at that point in time, the problem was nevver normal people and always the nature of the technology and sites themselves. The medium is the message.

>bring computing to the masses
More over, goy. Jack Tramiel did more than anyone to do that.

Attached: Jack_Tramiel.jpg (345x353, 19K)

If Bill Gates never existed we wouldn't have child poverty today.

Without him we would have better healthcare and better employment standards.

We also don't need leaders or cults of personality to mark innovation or democracy.

>ironically ask

Fuck Bill Gates for putting the tech industry where it is today.
Without his influence, we'd be decades in advance right now.

Bill Gates never did anything that someone else hadn't done better first. All Gates did was suck all the profit away from real innovators to his own knockoffs. If it wasn't for Microsoft, here is how computers would be working now:

1) Anything you can type is a valid file name.

2) You install apps by just dragging one icon from one drive to another wherever you want.

3) Connect any two computers together with one wire. Boot one a special way. All it's internal drives appear as external drives on the other computer. You can boot the other computer like this if you want.

4) Dragging your System Folder to a new drive makes that drive bootable.

5) Compressed HiFi audio universally available in 1992.

6) Error messages give you a clear description of what the problem is and what you can try to solve it.

7) Only 3 disk formatting options needed in 40 years. (HFS, HFS+, and AFS.)

8) Hypercard was basically the HTML in 1986.

9) Easily modify the assets of programs using a GUI. - also in 1986.

10) Wide selection of universal powerful file formats that no-one needs to pay to use. Universal file compatibility between all programs.

11) Secure plug-and-play networking just works.

Bill Gates didn't even care about The Internet, he only rolled out IE after Netscape got really popular.

Where would you be today , I wonder

I'm 25 and I actually used DOS, well that's because I was a massive poorfag and I used a 486 machine in like 2002 but still you don't have to be a grandpa to remember that

If he didn't do it, somebody else would've. Oh wait, you can't hear when your head is three feet up your ass.

What do you think Bill Gates did?

Bill Gates ain't too bright. Richard Stallman won already. BYE, BYE, BYE.

>retards
in their eyes you're the socially inept retard

>The only reason nobody here is giving him his dues is because you are prejudiced.
No. Deep down we know Windows is great but greed took over and we now have half assed Windows made by pajeets. It works but could be better and more innovative in certain areas. Apple, Linux and other OS's are there if you need it.

Attached: gates_jobs.jpg (800x600, 132K)

Billbu Gaytes is da best i thak him evruf=day for my weendows 10 personal computer chip. epic

Attached: Hqdefault.jpg (310x233, 9K)

Fucking niggers, mon. Developers under his did all the work l little fucking

1 Billcoin has been deposited in your bank account

I almost never posted on the Internet back then, even though I had the opportunity to do so, because there was nothing there. It was too niche to use. There were a few websites that changed things so that I started coming online every day, and those were Wikipedia and YouTube, which entered the mainstream around 2005. You wouldn't have come to Jow Forums in 2003 because hardly anyone posted there and it was slow. There are other imageboards like that right now, and they have better average post quality, but you don't go there; you come to the mainstream one. Pre-2005, you wouldn't go on the Internet just to see what was there; you would only visit for a specific reason.

I'm 31 and my parents are rich. They had a home PC in the mid-1980s, which was rare. They never used it by the 1990s, and they gave it to me, and the family as a whole didn't buy a new computer until 1998. Because as I just said in the post above, people didn't need computers as much back then. You could live a perfectly normal life without one.

All Microsoft software has the same problem: it was near-enough perfect in the 1990s, but they had to keep adding new things to keep people buying the new versions. Now everything is bloated, out of commitment to muh shareholders.

user, I agree what you say. However, to call Jow Forums hypocrites and prejudiced is.. Pretty fuckin' stupid honestly. I want to ask how are we prejudiced? How are we hypocrites? I wanna really know. Do tell user. Do tell.

>inb4 seething
Headaches are on MAX

>Without Bill Gates, personal computers and consequently the internet would only be an obscure niche like ham radio or theremin music.
not only is that demonstrably false, it's straight from the land of fantasy and the make believe.
> If Bill Gates had never existed. None of this would be here.
imagine being this computer illiterate and knowing nothing about the history of computing? fuckin hilarious.
>There's that one quote that he and Steve Jobs both just ripped off what they saw Xerox working on
and all of these fucking faggots ripped off the research of Douglas Engelbart, whos team came up with all the ideas and inventions. (1968 was his first public demonstration).

I'm not him, but
>how are we prejudiced?
By hating Windows even though it's good, and preferring Linux.
>How are we hypocrites?
By claiming that using Linux is for le epic redpilled experts, even though it's not as good for desktop purposes as any reasonable alternative. It might be better than Windows Server 2000 as a desktop OS, but it's not better than Windows 7, and it would be hypocritical to say that being a contrarian retard makes you smarter than other people.

>I have no idea how to properly use this computer that I paid lots of money for
>But everyone else is the retarded ones, not me!

Let me know when Windows is POSIX compliant, supports usable filesystems, and has a decent shell. Then it might be usable as a desktop OS.

Very funny, guy.
You think we'd still be huddling in caves if that one caveman didn't invent firemaking? Certain things progress inexorably and all that one man can do is speed things up.

'better' depends on use case

You are a delusional idiot. When my friend had a shitty PC that only run MS-DOS 5.0 and I had an Amiga 500, personal computing was already exploding.

right on

Attached: Amiga500_system.jpg (2531x1965, 2.04M)

Actually, now that we can add shit to the list, why not add Contrarian? Considering that Windows is 99% of most people's first OS.

Imagine thinking this would be bad.

I think it would. It'd be a fuckin' hivemind and we'd still be stuck in the dark ages of technology. Without PCs, we wouldn't have smart phones. Human evolution would be stagnant.

smartphones are terrible though
different types of technology guide people to interact with the technology in different ways. smartphones are ideal for getting people to consume rather than to produce and to manipulate every psychological trick in the book to keep engagement levels high.
this isn't some elitist screed, it's not the people who're bad - it's the form the technology has taken. give a man a fishing rod and he'll pass the time by fishing, give a man a crack pipe and oh gee who could've predicted that.

Huh.. We'd still have normies though fuckin' flockin' about.

we had a spectrum zx at the end of the 80s. in yugoslavia. OP is a faggot.

looks like a serial rapist

indian detected
>hello sir i am smartphone user i am smart man sir

2008-2013 were okay because the normies hadn't actually made the internet integral parts of their lives - after about 2012 to 2013 is when it really went to shit

MS-DOS is a crappy CP/M clone and Windows is a really crappy Mac OS clone.

The only reason Microsoft ever succeeded at anything other than BASIC interpreters was because IBM was too stupid to understand just how vulnerable their PC product was to being cloned. IBM could have chosen any other company to sell them an OS and things would've played out the same way.

Bill Gates was a cutthroat businessman but not a visionary. Until Netscape started making him nervous in 1995 he was too dumb to understand how important the internet was becoming to everyone. Microsoft's only long-lasting consumer successes have been two monopolies, Windows and Office. Faced with actual competition from Apple and others, their products fail miserably because Microsoft never had a fucking clue what a good product is.

At least he is less bad than Steve Jobs. Still bad though.

>evolution would be stagnant
How is permanent jutting forward head posture evolving?

This.