Firefox on Chrome OS

Runs wonderfully

Attached: Screenshot 2019-09-14 at 5.41.02 PM.png (1366x768, 676K)

I wanna get a cheap chromebook or similar kind of laptop just to use as a shitposting machine, got any cheap suggestions?

word of warning, you're going to have to use a Google account, unless you want to use guest mode all the time.
>HP Chromebook 14
>Dell Chromebook 11
>Acer Chromebook 15
>Acer Chromebook R11
>Acer Chromebook 14
>Acer Chromebook R13 (ARM cpu)
>Asus C523 Chromebook
>Acer Spin 11
>Dell Inspiron Chromebook 11 3000
(more expensive)
>HP x2 Chromebook
>Dell Inspiron Chromebook 14 7000
>Asus Chromebook Flip C434
>Samsung Chromebook Pro

Asus c100 or c201, the c201 is capable to use libreboot and the c100 is touchscreen

What DE is that? GNOME?

are you fucking dense or what?

Can recommend Acer Chromebook 14. It's a very nice laptop for the price, and you can easily run Loonix or Wangdongs if you want.

I know OP said it was Chrome OS but that's clearly apt in the background, no? Does Chrome OS install debs now?

Oh shit, just googled it and Chrome OS can. I had no idea

>Firefox on Gentoo runs wonderfully
Chrome OS is just Gentoo with a Google DE. And no shit it runs great; there's a reason why they named it after the fastest swimming penguin, you know.

it's ubuntu it even uses upstart still

It's Gentoo, go look at the Chrom* OS docs.

How good are ARM Chromebooks?

Lenovo C330

convertible

MediaTek SoC so Android apps work better than Intel Chromebooks at the same price point

$180, USB C, microSD, full HDMI output, lightweight, IPS HD screen

significantly better Android app performance compared to x86/x64 chips, unless you're getting an i5 or better (why would you on a Chromebook)

Don't Android apps also ship with x86 builds?

Those rounded corners on the dock for no reason

yes but performance tends to be buggy or slow on $200 x86 Chromebooks

okay on i3 and up

>x86/x64
Wait, what? What is x64? Do you mean 64-bit x86?

Oh weird, I thought you were saying that ARM Chromebooks would perform better for android apps because of some sort of arm -> x86 binary translation. Could the performance difference be because of ARM Jazelle?

yeah

LonTV on YouTube has a good review on the Lenovo C330, and gets into some benchmark tests on that MediaTek chipset compared to its Intel equivalent that gets used in similarly priced Chromebooks

I guess my point is if you're talking about budget tier Chromebooks, you're better off with an ARM one, especially if it's a 2-in-1 you might use as an Android tablet

but if you're spending $300 or more, might as well do Intel

ARM only beats them at the cheap level

You can't install firefox on chrome OS, that's illegal.

It's fucking sad that "new" cheapo Chromebooks come with 2015 Intel chips...