Guys help, my pc says my display isn't compatible with 4k 60. I'm using display port to HDMI 2.0...

Guys help, my pc says my display isn't compatible with 4k 60. I'm using display port to HDMI 2.0, Ik my X570 motherboard can do it, she's not much but my 3400g can handle this no prob, and my display is DEF 4k 60. What do?? Can't find any solution anywhere.
I updated all drivers and I'm so confused

Attached: 30_fps-512.png (512x359, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asrock.com/nettop/AMD/DeskMini A300 Series/#Specification
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>my pc says my display isn't compatible
where exactly does it say that

Are you using a fast enough HDMI cable? Displayport is preferred and easier tho

When I tried to set the refresh rate to 60 under custom resolutions in the Radeon control panel

It's an HDMI 2.1 certified one so it definitely should be fast enough. I'd love to just use dp but no inputs on my TV

Attached: IMG_20190914_213903647_HDR.jpg (4608x3456, 3.53M)

What monitor are you using?

Also, converters cause problems with onboard graphics sometimes.

Rn I'm using an old 55" Sceptre UHD and that may have something to do with it. The adaptor is an Elutang 4k 60 DP to hdmi, so I made sure it was at least theoretically proper.

Give us the model number. It may be that your monitor only has an older HDMI port that only does 4k 30

>It's an HDMI 2.1 certified one so it definitely should be fast enough.
You should always look and see if the cable specifically says 4K60 or 18gbsp supported.

>AMD
There is no helping retards

Your DP to HDMI cable may not be capable of 4K60.

try reducing color depth to 24bit (8bpc)

Not sure what the model number is but. All the ports are 4k 60. And my Ps4 pro runs fine, as well as my Nvidia shield when they're plugged in

Attached: Image_1568513110.jpg (1785x1939, 2.14M)

But not through that DP-HDMI adapter, right?

Yeah it's 4k 60 compatible.

Some of us are poorfags, okay?

Ahhh yeah that worries me, but the description definetly specified it was and it's even on the side of the casing so idk

Already there by default, I heard that might help but sadly no dice

>the description definetly specified it was and it's even on the side of the casing
I've bought a miniDP to HDMI cable before that said it was good up to 1920x1200 but in reality it went to "no signal" if I put the resolution higher than 1280x1024. Don't always believe /csg/ tier product specs.

Fair point user, fair point. Hopefully it's not that, I paid like 11 bucks for it lol.

>display port to HDMI 2.0
Why not just use an HDMI cable?

Ding ding ding. Any Displayport thing that cheap is going to have something or other wrong with it.

What drivers are you using? An update might fix it, try the lates vega 11 "optional" one and download the drivers directly from the AMD website.

I paid $6 USD for a 3m DP 1.4 cable. Works fine. Just buy from somewhere reputable

Aren't you supposed to be doing damage control on the latest 400th intel vulnerability thread?

A plain cable is more likely to be alright. One that converts to HDMI involves a chip and more solder connections. If there's one thing Chinese manufacturers can't get right, it's solder. On one PNY miniDP to HDMI adapter I had that worked for 6 months, I took it apart when it failed and found one of the most insufficient solder jobs I've ever seen. Like all the joints had barely enough solder on them to wet the joint.

>goys help me
lol get fucked and banned

Club 3D makes a decent adapter called the CAC-1080 which I know works if you ahve to sue an adapter

This
Although it seems not all X570 motherboards seem to support HDMI 2.0 which is fucking retarded as it's a 6 year old standard at this point

My X570 is stupid and doesn't support HDMI 2.0, sadly. But thanks for the recommend, I'll look into it!

>My X570 is stupid and doesn't support HDMI 2.0
I really really doubt that, is that an official spec on their website? Because if it isn't then you may just need to update to the latest video drivers.

>he fell for the 8k hdmi meme
fucking lmao

Yeah I've somehow got the X570 that boasts an hdmi 1.2 port. I didn't realize until weeks after I bought it, but by then I figured fuck it
My old ones were kinda beat up and they looked pretty

That's pretty tarded, vega 8/ 11 systems are pretty much built for 4K HTPCs. Even the dirt cheap USFF barebones have laptop-grade motherboards that support it.

asrock.com/nettop/AMD/DeskMini A300 Series/#Specification