/spg/ - Smartphone General

Made in Japan Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
phonedb.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/5QCem1YH

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Last thread:

Attached: 1563313056753.png (794x928, 361K)

Other urls found in this thread:

expansys.com.au/asus-rog-phone-ii-dual-sim-zs660kl-512gb-black-glare-318315/
gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=4&idPhone1=9583&idPhone2=9313&idPhone3=9545
gsmarena.com/oneplus_7_vs_xiaomi_redmi_k20_pro-review-1983.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Im considering this. Have Tmobile. Does it work well

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-12-23-18-44.png (1440x2560, 740K)

My oneplus 7 pro arrived today, feel free to ama.

T-Mobile works with anything. I've found the most trouble with sprint and custom roms.

How do you like being notched?

Attached: 1546654638064.jpg (513x500, 131K)

Sony any good at giving updates? Or do they also give up after a year

>they biggest smartphone manufacturer is barely relevant anymore
I hope they somehow get their shit together again

>not waiting for the op7p

Attached: 1557324902666.png (1067x806, 442K)

retards

Need a decent backup/burner phone. I have a Umidigi A3 Pro and it is fairly okay but the camera is beyond dogshit for most things.

Was looking at a Redmi 7a but don't think it has what I need which is

>decentish camera, I take pics of receipts for work and other BS
>wifi calling
>under 6 inches
>preferably latest andriod or at least one that isn't just getting one release of shit then that's it

Not looking to spend over 100 bucks tho, should I just stick with my umudigi?

If you keep waiting release after release you will never buy anything. I was waiting since the 6 to get a phone, and the 7 pro has everything I wanted. Also from the leaked specs the difference between the 7 pro and 7t pro is minimal.

>Need a decent backup/burner phone
S5 with Lineage 16.
Lineage 16 is a little slugglish on an 801, but the S5 camera is still great as far as smartphones go.

If you don't care about updates, you can find an S7 Active which is just an S7 with a rubber housing. Lots of businesses bought them and then dumped them enmasse on Amazon tanking their prices.

I recently replaced my Xperia XZ Premium from early 2017. It was upgraded to Android 9. Shipped with Android 7.1. 2 major versions is pretty good.

Which iPhone 11 should I get? I'm thinking the Pro because it comes in Space Gray

@72746710
Get a toilet street shitter.

>P30
My mom has that... wait Lite? Kek, even she went for the full version.

>Using deprecated flagships instead of budget beauties
Do not want outdated touchjizz
You'll overpay for an antique.

>Burner phone
>≤$100
>decentish camera
Yikes, you're not going to find a decent camera for that. Why you need a burner phone to take pictures (secret dick pics?) is something I'm not too understanding.

For $100 you can get something really shitty. The sweet spot for budget phones is $170 to $300. There you can find some great contenders for an actual usable daily driver.

Either up your budget or lower your expectations.

>budget trash
>ever

>Yikes, you're not going to find a decent camera for that.
Redmi 7A would like a word with you

It's just a backup/travel shit for work. I need to do recipt pictures, and sometimes do a quick snap around for whatever.

Was looking at that just that I need a battery replacement for it usually mehs it

7A/6A looks promising, 7a has a better battery which is nice but not fully needed. Need to figure out if it has wifi calling

What is the best way to actually buy a fucking phone?

I am guessing its best to just buy the phone off amazon then walk into verizon and get service? Or is it harder than that?

I always just walk into the store and probably get ripped off, what the fuck do I do?
Everything I google tells me how to buy used phones, which I dont want

SE USA
Cricket Wireless
under $400 hard limit
Android

I need strong reception, and good sound.

its for my sister. shes buying it, but I want to help her get the best for what she can afford.

look up phone
Check with provider
Amazon or ebay seller
Buy sim on amazon(never ebay or shit)
read instructions for activating
done

Usually you just login to your providers account put in the # on the sim and what not then link it to your account.

When?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-09-21-37-45.png (1440x2560, 697K)

Attached: Screenshot_2019-08-23-12-32-00.png (1440x2560, 837K)

What you mean check with provider? Just check the GSM/CDMA?

And the bought SIM can use my old number? I would rather keep old number and get ripped off at Verizon

After seeing a YouTuber shill it rather convincingly, I bought a refurbished ZTE Axon M off Backmarket for $90. Having a second screen you can fold out at any time is actually pretty comfy.

Attached: 61qpmDK2MuL._SX569_.jpg (569x569, 49K)

I have the Mi A2 Lite, and the camera is what you'd expect from a phone with $170 pricetag. Nothing to write home about, but it is a good phone.

Now, stepping down to a 4XX series SoC is not something I'd want to do. They're trash. 625 in the A2 Lite is adequate, but it struggles at times even though 6xx/7xx is where you start getting decent performance and great performance/$.

I'm pretty happy with my budget phone, might upgrade to the next generation budget phone. They're 95% of a flagship, and I don't play AAA games on mobile. I'd like to get an upgraded processor, smaller notch and type C, which the A3 has, even if it would be a downgrade on resolution.

Why are you not taking pictures on your more capable phone? Receipts will be fine in good light, but taking pictures on this thing won't win you any photography

use frequencychecker or willmyphonework

You link whatever sim you choose with a provider, if you aren't changing providers you generally won't lose your number though most places offer to port it at a minimal fee. With me I switched from T mobile to GoogleFi and my number was ported for free

>Why are you not taking pictures on your more capable phone?
When I go out I generally will leave my work phone at my hotel or what not, rather not bring my company phone with me to a bar

>win you any photography awards.

Is what I meant to post.

Hello sirs, do needful and tell me if I should go with the OnePlus 7 Pro
what I love about it
>notchfree 90hz display
>solid battery life and charging speed
>good speakers, vibration motor
>alert slider for my autism
>smooth OS and regular updates
>all those months of updates have patched the problems out and basically it's ripe for using now
>price drop is guaranteed when the 7TP comes out
absolutely don't care about the cameras and it should be serviceable with gcam anyway.

Fun fact: Kyocera started as a ceramics company.

Sir, you should buy the Samsung® Galaxy© Note 10+™. With its holey display how could you go wrong? True power in your pocket!

Pixel 3a

Shut up rat

Imagine waiting months for this phone to release only to have to wait even more months because it was only in stock for a week before selling out everywhere. Truly a pathetic company.

Am I a cuck if I buy a Pixel 2?

Never buy Pixel phones.

Why?

I need a new smartphone, my LG G5 has a malfunctioning GPS and the battery is going to shit (I could get a new battery, yes, but the GPS problem is real shit).

I know jack shit about smartphones, can you guys help guide me as to which phone would be nice to buy?

It doesn't need to be too fancy but I want nice battery life and good app optimization. Doesn't need crazy bells and whistles but I like cool features so it's ok if it has some neat stuff.

Is iPhone actually shit or is that just a pajeet meme?

>Xperia has shit bezels
>Nokia back looks dumb
>Pocophone is too budget
>People keep telling me Google is botnet
I just want an aesthetic phone bros why is this so hard

Loving my Mi 9T here, when do we expect Android 10 update to hit?

>People keep telling me Google is botnet
By people you mean people on Jow Forums who you don't know. Stop being a bitch and just buy a phone you like

>using a device which could possibly compromise your identity

How is the Mi9tPro in comparison to Mi9?

>Zenfone 7 will come out before the Zenfone 6 will be available

Pedo

Overpriced beyond all measure, horrible specs, horrible battery life, horrible storage options, camera isn't even that good/lacks features like periscope zoom and wide angle lens. Just lol

It's God's way of telling you the obvious: only buy phones from companies with a solid presence. That means only Samsung, OnePlus and Xiaomi smartphones. I don't count Google because their phones are iShit tier and not worth considering

they have a good camera but their specs suck that's about it.

Bought a used phone, and it's imei blacklisted so any sim chip won't work. Is there a way to fix this?

>using a device which could possibly compromise your identity
Oh look a pedophile.

lol

Buy Mi 9 Lite, it has 730 and 1080p screen, instead of A3. Dont post 3. day in a row opinion about Huashit p30 lite we all said its shit... You could ask before we would say same thing. There are a50, a70 if you are avoiding mi 9t because some dumb reason. Buying "lite" models is not good, i feel like companies fuck them up on purpose to shill their p30 and p30 pro in this example.

>Xiaomi
Doesn't work well on T-Mobile as it's missing many bands
>Samsung
2expensive4me. A series look fine, but their battery life is mediocre.
>OnePlus
Yikes.
I just want an extremely good battery life and headphones jack, with something good specs. Probably won't even pick up a Zenfone until there's a sale or drops in price

Go for Mi 9 Lite? Its CC9 global edition

Lacks wireless charging, have 3.5, no notch!!!! 10% worse cameras.
>9t pro>9

Been using my Xperia XZs for 3 years, dont really feel the need to upgrade.

Stay cucked, burger.

The XZ is such a piece of shit, my sd636 stock android phone feels infinitely smoother and just works better than my Xperia ever did. Toss it out and get a cheap stock android phone, you'll notice the difference.

I don't think I have the 600 series CPU though.

The XZ has a SD 820 SoC, that's the funny part. My budgetshit SoC phone is infinitely smoother, I'm sure it's due to the stock android.

ok which phone has better performance
galaxy note 10
iphone 11
asus rog 2

I haven't bought a new phone in years. My current one is a Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus. I browsed a number of stores and I was disappointed to find removable batteries are a rare thing now. I used to have three and swap them like mags. I'd pretend I was reloading my laser pistol.
Anyway, I'd rather not say where I'm from. I want a smartphone for calling, shitposting, and preferably playing shooters. My budget is 150€-200€ and after looking them up on mobilearena I've narrowed my choices down to
1)Nokia 2.2
2)Samsung Galaxy A10
3)Huawei Y6 2019
I thought the Nokia's 3G RAM would make a difference in gaming but video reviewers complained that all three models are lagging in games even at low settings. What do you guys think.

galaxy s8 is like 250$ on swappa

Redmi Note 7

performance in what?

I can buy an ASUS ROG Phone II with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage for AD$859, which is around US$590.
That can't be right, can it? I thought it was a shitload more expensive than that. Am I getting scammed here? I'm seeing multiple sellers with high ratings all around this same price. It's got the full boatload of specs and everything, 120Hz screen, etc... They're all advertising it with the 600mAH battery too, so it's definitely a ROG Phone II and not the first generation model.

Am I missing something here? This shit is cheaper than a Galaxy S10e (which is AU$997 for the 128GB model). What the fuck is going on?

Sorry, I mean 6000mAh battery. And I'm in Australia if that wasn't clear.

m8 get more storage.
Doesn't have micro sim
expansys.com.au/asus-rog-phone-ii-dual-sim-zs660kl-512gb-black-glare-318315/

I currently have a phone with 32GB of storage and have NEVER come anywhere close to filling it up.
But I suppose for something this expensive it might be a good idea to futureproof.

I think 128gb is more than enough, based on your answer of never filling even 32, you will be futureproofed with storage for more than with hardware life of the phone and its battery life.

I don't stream my music so I suppose its ok for you then. My new note 9 was filled with music day 1 so I had to get an SD card. Plus I discovered just how many books are easily piratable.

I need a phone for my mom

Something cheap, 5 inch screen and something that has a simple mode so she doesn't need glasses to see the buttons
Anyone got any recs?

What note 9 version are you using? Would you recommend buying it atm? Other than that waiting for Mix 4

Exynos because Australia. I could have ordered an unlocked snap from overseas, but I couldn't be fucked waiting, plus I didn't want any band issues and I'm lazy.

I bought it for the large battery (good battery test scores on GSM arena) and amazing screen. I'm semi normie so I ocassionally use social media when im out, but its just to watch youtube, read ebooks and listen to music when I'm on the train. As a device its fucking incredible for that. I used the inbuilt battery saving shit to downclock the cpu 30%. I don't do anything cpu intensive so I haven't noticed any slow downs. I also got it for the ip68 peace of mind.

I have no idea how anyone puts up with a notch or hole punch.

OnePlus 7 Pro

lol wtf you're a turbo boomer

Thanks. Well yes I need same things in a phone, SM just for hanging out. Thinking about pulling a trigger on Exyshit. While there are 50% cheaper phones than used note 9 that are doing their job im all for that s-pen and screen without notch or hole, with all features like 3.5 and sd atleast… Concerns:
>Samshit fucking up phone by updates
>battery/screen fucking up

Samsung updates are good and you'll learn to live with the battery

I seem to be lucky, I've never broken a phone in my life, but given the cost of replacing a note 9 screen I'd just buy a new phone. Hopefully this one lasts to the note 11 or 12.

Batteries can be replaced at a samsung shop, they will also reseal the phone properly so its still ip68.

s-pen is great for browsing in bed, other than that I haven't used it much.

Any better phone than HONOR 8X for pictures in ~200-250$?

Imo Xiaomi takes better pictures with gcam and have better budget phones. Therefore, Rn8 is waiting for global release at that price range. There is Mi 9 SE already and Mi 9 Lite is coming in couple of months, dont know about its price.
Worth checking them and comparing

Thanks, Mi 9 SE looks really nice.

gsmarena.com/piccmp.php3?idType=4&idPhone1=9583&idPhone2=9313&idPhone3=9545

Huawei P30 Lite

whats the most anticipated phone next? Pixel 4 seems like its going to be a disappointment

Battery life?
Is the camera quality as shit as I think it will be?

I just ordered a Xiaomi Mi 9t.

Did I fuck up?

Attached: Xiaomi-Mi-9T-1.jpg (1000x1000, 101K)

Small phones are hard to find, but you can adjust the dpi on some (most, all?) phones and make the icons bigger. Or I'm sure there's an app/launcher that can do it. Good luck.

>Japan
>cutting-edge
Fucking weebs, Japan has weird tech for some of the most stupid and mundane things, but other than that they are tech backwards.
Faxes are still a thing because they are afraid of change, just like their society

>Japs still use faxes so they're scientists and researchers probably still rub rocks together, too!
This is the most retarded opinion if the decade, and we are none years in.

I paid 270€ cash for huawei p30lite new do you think it was a good choice?

You are asking this 4. day in a row, we all said it isnt good choice, you could get a mi 9t or a50/a70 for that price.
>If you like it then who fucking cares?
Dont seek approvement here then...
Dont buy phones based on price, i mean if some flagship, for example, is shit and sells for less its still shit, you can only resell it and get some money.

gsmarena.com/oneplus_7_vs_xiaomi_redmi_k20_pro-review-1983.php
These baboons are defending OnePlus and their increase in pricing after everything they "stood for".

Attached: 1568547317339.png (477x506, 165K)

>mi 9
>mi 9 se
>mi 9 t
>mi 9 t pro
>now also there's gonna be mi 9 lite
what's next? mi 9 lite pro?

>Mi 9S
Its the Mi 9 with 5g support and 855+.

No, with faxes I was clearly showing an example of how much they lag behind at the adoption of modern tech.
They have a surprisingly high amount of computer illiterates, their web pages look like some mess from the 2000s or look at how long it took for them to start adopting the smartphones
"But hey, they make the best intelligent toilets and cocksleves! And they have mecha anime! They must be high tech!"
Digusting weebs

>now also there's gonna be mi 9 lite
Yeah and it's ironically going to be the best of the bunch.
>micro SD card slot
>headphone jack
>Snapdragon 710
>AMOLED display
>4030 mAh
>18W fast charging
>crazy cameras

Gcam makes it great

at a big price... notch, they must fuck up every phone somehow