How the fuck do you justify upgrading to an iPhone 11 from iPhone 7 without mentioning the camera, screen, Face ID...

How the fuck do you justify upgrading to an iPhone 11 from iPhone 7 without mentioning the camera, screen, Face ID, wifi/cellular chips, or design?

Attached: 7DC4A688-E923-4D1A-8779-0B890776F0C1.jpg (2048x2048, 284K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/all_new_iphones_have_4gb_of_ram_antutu_listings_reveal-news-39173.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lolwut

So how do you justify switching from one generation of tech to another without mentioning any of the things that have actually changed in between them? What the fuck do you want?

I don't because I don't want any iPhone, and even if I did I wouldn't need to justify the purchase because I buy whatever I like and don't give a shit.

The 7nm architecture in the processor is a huge boost to battery and speed. But get the XR instead because it’s $100 and the advantages the 11 has over the XR are nominal.

$100 cheaper meant to say

>lagPhone

Attached: 1556299707140.png (1000x888, 512K)

Notch. Screen to body ratio. Wireless charging. Waterproof.

>$1000+ for an iGalaxy S8 in 2019
yikes

Attached: 1565326145070.png (800x640, 152K)

My iPhone 6s is better than an S9 so nah

My SE outpaces my note 8, Samsung’s turn into shit faster than any other phone.

>how do you justify an upgrade without mentioning all of the upgrades
Okay, there are some you didn't mention. The CPU is one, which will be significantly more powerful on the iPhone 11. The XR is already much more powerful than the 7 (check Geekbench scores) and Apple says the 11 will be even better (obviously we'll have to see how it performs in tests).

RAM is another. The iPhone 7 has 2GB of RAM. The XR has 3GB. The 11 is reported to have 4GB and apparently leaks have confirmed this: gsmarena.com/all_new_iphones_have_4gb_of_ram_antutu_listings_reveal-news-39173.php

Also the battery life might well be better - they've been saying battery life is like 4 hours better on the 11 than on the XR, so it's got to be better than on the 7.

Then another thing would be AR (augmented reality). One thing this is useful for is measuring shit. Want to measure shit? Just point your camera at that shit and that shit shall be measured.

That's just what I can think of, maybe there's other factors, but these alone are quite significant upgrades, in addition to the things you mentioned.

Mate, your image's test results are to do with RAM, not CPU performance, you FUCKING IDIOT.

Notice that the iPhone is better on "lap 1" in each case - opening apps from a cold boot. Then the Android phones do better on "lap 2" because they have more RAM, so more of the apps are still in the phone's memory for when the person is reopening them.

Apple's CPUs really are the best in the business, check Geekbench. It's not a huge advantage but it is an advantage.

But actually that fact doesn't matter. The point is that you are showing Apple's statements about CPU performance, which have absolutely nothing to do with the test results you're showing. Those test results are due to RAM, you fucking idiot.

That S8 only has one rear camera. The iPhone 11 has three, and each one of them is probably better than the S8's camera. Also the iPhone 11 will be significantly faster and will absolutely spank the S8 on every CPU/GPU intensive task.

>geekbench
idiot

Face ID and design are worth the upgrade alone though. Face ID makes finger print readers appear like ancient analog tech.

This are decent reasons too.

>much benchmarks
>can't even run Kuroba

Those "upgrades" are all gay shit, though. Might as well shill Windows 10 for the upgraded paint and redesigned wifi menu and not anything that matters like driver support.

Outpaces it in what exactly?

How do I convince my dad who is a huge macfag not to get the iPhone11?

iPhone SoCs are actually the "best" we have on phones right now, but that doesn't mean much since they are just that powerful for a while, before they start throttling. And not to mention the battery draw, that used to be huge on chips up to the A10, that had 2 strong cores instead of 4 weak ones or 4 in a big.LITTLE configuration. They only started caring about battery with the A10, that is big.LITTLE quad core, but the throttling issue still persists on their new SoCs and battery is still not perfect, but way better than before. Overall they are ok for basic tasks and stuff that need "burst performance", like converting a video. About the app launch/retention issue that current iPhones face when compared to Android, it's clearly because the lack of RAM and by the fact that iOS uses swap to compensate that, while Android doesn't use swap at all (there's that Z-RAM thing, but it's only for low end devices and basically just compresses memory and store it on the RAM itself).

In being LGBT Pajeet friendly

The tests do a cold boot loop and then a cached loop retard. lagPhones are like 1% faster despite their 80% gookbench advantage in the cold loop, and get utterly crushed in the cached loop.

And I just explained why this happens, smartass. Pick up some normie app that has to convert a video on the client side and see how iPhones do it quicker than basically every other phone, then do a torture loop with other apps and see they struggling to maintain a stable performance. Their SoCs are actually too strong for that small phone and only perform as advised in bursts. Not being able to maintain apps in memory is simply due the lack of RAM and having to swap. Can't you read?

t. retards

Fact: fags use iphones

t. hyper brainlet

I aint complaining. I have an iPhone SE and find the iPhone 11 a great upgrade opportunity. (Not switching to android because I've been using for it for ages)

>without mentioning the screen, Face ID or design

iPhone 6 is being kicked off the upgrade train in iOS 13.

My guess is because iOS 13 is a bloated POS that offers no significant new features but won't fit in the iPhone 6's memory footprint.

To quote the God Emperor himself: Sad.

Attached: SAD BOI.jpg (400x789, 32K)

A13 chips sof ucking fast

My pixel 3 Xl gets 515/2133 Single/multi score

While the new 11 pro gets 5472/12769.....

like what the fuck and fuck google, get laggy swiping on notification lockscreen still

13769* typo

I want the apple watch, it's the only good smartwatch but the upfront cost of an iphone is a bit much

>6S
Bullshit, the S9 blows that trash out of the water

Jesus christ they're so far ahead

>Notice that the iPhone is better on "lap 1" in each case - opening apps from a cold boot.
Yes, but barely. The CPU creams the Android ones in synthetic benchmarks but struggles to stay ahead in applications.
And that's not even taking into account that the iPhone uses NVMe storage while most Android phones still use eMMC or UFS.

>barely beats
>still beats but
>has 3gb ram
>that's only issue why it can't hold 8+ apps in ram when doing a loop
>iphone X
>2 models ago
>new phones have 6GB on pro models

see
for benchmarks

Exactly.
Over a ~2 minute test it comes out ~4 seconds faster despite being ~8x more powerful according to synthetic benchmarks.
And it has the advantage of much faster storage, too.

yeah so a 2 year old phone is still faster with half the ram which is the only thing slowing it down as it's just a loop test checking apps

do anything sustained and it would be even more faster. ipad pro renders 4k faster than lots of laptops

>ipad pro renders 4k faster than lots of laptops
Yes, well, hardware encoding is like that.

Just by an XR instead when the price drops.

>no argument
Thanks for admitting I'm right you fucking morons.

I had to google what the fuck that is. Some imageboard application? You are a complete fucking moron, do you know that?

decoding and rendering are not remotely the same. Also every desktop CPU and GPU made in the last ten years have dedicated hardware decoders. jfc why do I even drop into Jow Forums?

iPhone SoCs are actually the "best" we have on phones right now, but that doesn't mean much since they are just that powerful for a while, before they start throttling. And not to mention the battery draw, that used to be huge on chips up to the A10, that had 2 strong cores instead of 4 weak ones or 4 in a big.LITTLE configuration. They only started caring about battery with the A10, that is big.LITTLE quad core, but the throttling issue still persists on their new SoCs and battery is still not perfect, but way better than before. Overall they are ok for basic tasks and stuff that need "burst performance", like converting a video. About the app launch/retention issue that current iPhones face when compared to Android, it's clearly because the lack of RAM and by the fact that iOS uses swap to compensate that, while Android doesn't use swap at all (there's that Z-RAM thing, but it's only for low end devices and basically just compresses memory and store it on the RAM itself).

>decoding and rendering are not remotely the same
That's why I said hardware encoding, not decoding.

>Faster app load times
>less screen lag
>quicker Siri response over google assistant (fuck bixby)
>the keyboard does not lag when typing on the SE to where as on the Samsung it craps out during long sentences
>doesn’t throttle CPU when charging like the Samsung
>Longer battery in real life use over the note 8
>Faster more accurate fingerprint reader
>Apple Pay opens and runs faster than Samsung pay
And lastly, as soon as the note 10 was released, I started getting “bixby marketing” notifications shilling the new phone that you cannot disable.

Attached: ED47CC1A-D661-4BB8-B3D7-556713814F2B.jpg (728x409, 46K)

>iToddlers

Attached: 44d15d4.png (513x360, 242K)

You probably don't know what you're doing, so iPhones work better for low-IQ trogs like you.

objectively better battery life because more efficient chipset and the battery is new instead of 4+ years old

Attached: 20190915_120308.png (800x388, 133K)

SoC

>Picture on the top left refers to iPhone XS, shows results for iPhone X
>Picture on the bottom left refers to iPhone 11, shows results for XS

wew lad I know you're trying to make a point but this has to be the dumbest and most disingenuous post I've seen all week

lets gets on berserk mode for moments, and say, "feel good man" i am gay. but coding is for every one u.u

Attached: RBmExhkmpF-6.png (300x250, 43K)

It's one example of the many different kinds of software iOS can't run without trashing it's security. You're in a walled garden with Apple phones, all the processing power in the world won't help you overcome this limitation.

I made the switch from Android to iOS and sure there's some stuff I used to use that has no iOS equivalent but there's been nothing vital I miss after 3+ years. A Jow Forums app is far from vital and you should reconsider your life choices if you use Jow Forums enough that you need an app.

>Forced to use Safari or another browser using Safaris rendering engine to shitpost on the go
Hey man if you're ok with living in chains don't let me ruin it for you, I had a 6S and a X and I grew to hate both after a while and sold them. Nice that they retain their value, pretty much their only redeeming quality is that they are in demand by retards like you.

using that logic just downgrade to an iPhone 5s faggot

Until it reaches TJMAX and throttles in minutes

cope

support

lagPhones only get 363 days of support

Attached: 1547833508445.png (994x961, 335K)

Coping with what exactly? Retard.

Attached: Screenshot_20190915-165554_Kuroba.png (720x1280, 88K)

I'm keeping my 7 for another two years. I'll get the 13.

iPhone 7 was already a downgrade from 6S

some chink shit

>>without mentioning the screen, Face ID or design
>what makes this thing good apart from the things that make it good?

you dont

is this real wtf

Not OP but no it doesn't. Android phones are garbage.

Android phones can not be compared to Apple phones. Android phones are q mix of many different companies while IPhones of 1. Only the components can be compared.

IPhones, Apple are ahead in GPU and CPU and storage amounts
Quallcom (Android) is ahead in modems, so internet speeds
Samsung (Android) is ahead in screen technology
Android phones are ahead in ram amount
Android phones are ahead in charging speed and technology

That's about it. Both categories have their flaws. IPhones are faster but missing out on certain areas. Androids are more powerful in anything except pure power