Are trackballs a meme?

Are trackballs a meme?
I see this model posted a lot

Attached: 71Tb55fMcqL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 131K)

i have a m570 logitech myself and a kensington orbit. love them both.

I've got the one in your image op. It's solid.

how do you get used to trackballs

I've been using trackballs since windows 95 when memes didn't exist.

One advantage of a trackball is you can use it in places where you could never use a mouse. For instance you could use it from your couch to control an HTPC or you could even hold it in one hand and use the other to control it. Also good for small desks or keyboard trays where you can't get a lot of space for moving a regular mouse.

Just keep using it, like put your normie mouse away

I love my H U G E, however, i bought the wireless one which occasionally feels like it's dying. Probably has to do with the batteries being low.
I think the H U G E is alot easier to get used to than say a thumb ball. You pretty much rest your hand on it like you normally would anything and just move it with your index or middle if you're weird. I've tried both thumb and index and index just feels a lot nicer for long use.

I want to get a truck ball but I remember the tedious maintenance of ball mice. Had to clean it like once a month and it was gross. Are track ball just as bad?

The one in your picture is meme shit.
Ball is light and scratchy.
Go with Kensington instead.

Attached: IMG_20190912_222040_1.jpg (1000x1333, 468K)

i have one of these and it's awesome.
it's perfect for everything except gaymes.

I tried that one, complete shit. The ball is like 7grams and gets stuck on the shitty pins holding it up. Overall very terrible quality.

'MX-Ergo' is easily the best trackball on the market.

Attached: index.jpg (264x191, 6K)

Looks nice, but how much did you pay for yours?

Attached: 132x497_38.2KB-2832_poop-nq8.png (212x577, 19K)

I paid $80 for mine, but i have seen them for as low as $60

Attached: 1568362324863.png (1920x1080, 620K)

Make sure you use your left hand for it.

Thank you. I think it looks more comfortable than the 570.

>he uses trackballs
>he uses a ball to move the cursor around
>he likes to touch and stroke the balls of something else to fulfill his daily needs
ha fag

yeah no problem, It takes all the best parts of the 570 and improves on its shortcomings, it has amazing build quality and you can even transition between two PC's at once. I will use it on my desktop and laptop while working. you can also adjust it from flat to a more angled ergonomic position

Attached: 1568140465355.png (1249x8613, 2.52M)

don't get that one, unless you have baby asian hands.

Yeah, I already threw a Plus version in my cart for the 30° tilt option. I also have a 570 so being able to easily compare them will be fun.

Thanks again.

ive got an mx ergo. its ok when doing video editing, but idk, i just like to switch between a normal mouse and a trackball to keep my wrist less static

How much did you pay for yours?

well i paid nothing because it was a gift from my good friend. He probably paid 80-100 AUD because he got staff pricing on it. So 55-70USD. That wallmart pricing seems like a glitch or something man.

Have this model and it works great.
Scroll wheel and lots of buttons. The ball works fine, except when you want to move a single pixel, e.g. when editing images, then the ball gets stuck.

what a threatening input device

I managed to price match Best Buy to get the MX Ergo Plus for the price of a regular ergo.

Track balls can get gunk buildup but it's mostly just grease from your hands. You're not tracking in stuff like dust and hair from the surface. I haven't cleaned mine in a while. The cleaning is similar though, just remove the ball and using a q-tip to clean the little rollers and the sensor. Not a huge thing.

>thumb ball
>best

I'm converted to my HUGE fully and can no longer use anything else. The scroll wheel stopped working after 6 months and the software is pure crap and mapping won't work in any game or many windows. That said there are no other large trackballs that have extra buttons. I use copy paste and enter all the time and can't do without.

Are the drivers really shit like everyone says? Would it work fine on a macbook?

Which Kensington model is the best? Is there a difference in tracking quality between the Orbit and the Expert? Because it's a $60-70 price difference, and the only visible difference is that the expert has two extra buttons and an optional wrist pad.

Me too

I also thought about switching. How is gaming with a trackball?

Mac's have a workaround to the shitty drivers apparently can't recall the name. Nothing for windows to make use of the extra buttons

Does anyone use their trackball with gestures? Windows has strokeit, and Linux has EasyStroke. I do basic stuff like draw "N" to start nemo, "M" to start mousepad, and all keyboard shortcuts are mapped to gestures.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-15_14-50-08.png (810x634, 40K)

It's great for RTS games. I even do pretty well in DOOM 2016 with one

Bump

Sounds like you got unlucky m8. I've had my HUGE for easily 2 years now and it's still going strong.

Is the wireless version of the huge worth getting? I can't imagine the wire being annoying when you're not moving the mouse.

Bump