Crackles loudly in your ear

>crackles loudly in your ear

Attached: PulseAudio.png (728x400, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Troubleshooting#Glitches,_skips_or_crackling
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

why does it do this? and that annoying pop pop it always does. I just switched to jack with pulse bridged so well see how well it goes.

It works on my machine.

with crackling and popping sure

Nope. Works fine on my machine. Sounds like you forgot to dilate.

>doesn't work at all
FTFY.

install gentoo

>just stops working
>mic doesn't work without installing ALSA
>program randomly doesn't connect to pulse xD
>crackly wacky grack attack when volume >100% (I mean, why have the option if it's going to explode my fucking speaker?)
haha just werks for me

bro i swear i never had problems with pulseaudio really i dont know how a lot of you guys have tons of problem with it

Well user, the thing about shit software like pulse is that sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I guess it worked in your case, but in some cases it just doesn't work for no reason. That's why it sucks!

You mean the energy saving of the audio codec?

yeah its such an annoying 'feature'

This shit happened to me a few weeks ago. I heard that it was an AMD ryzen specific thing and that they have a fix for it in Linux 5.3, but in the meantime I just have tf2 open because for some reason crackling stops

>AMD ryzen specific thing and that they have a fix for it in Linux 5.3
sasuga?

they are obviously copying Windows. it's feature, not a bug

>uses digital amplification
>complains when it's shit

sndio is the superior audio and MIDI technology

good post

Attached: 200_s.gif (356x200, 35K)

Just compile it with rtkil lol

Attached: kon kon.png (900x536, 104K)

Thanks Harry Pottering!

I'm glad my Windows doesn't use audioshit

Audio and Midi implementation is the reason I switched back to windows.

This is unironically also the reason why I'm considering switching back to windows.

>mic doesn't work without installing ALSA
No shit, PulseAudio is a proxy server, it needs a sounds system like ALSA or OSS providing access to hardware for it to output to a physical device or take input from one.
MIDI is implemented in the exact same format on Linux as it is in Windows, it's a standardized data format. Yes, I'm sure you switched back to Windows for WDM, which is legendarily trash, or ASIO, which uses the same methods as ALSA to interact with hardware.

It amazes me that in 2k19 people still try to talk like they have a fucking clue about Linux audio and get everything wrong.
You could probably drop Pulse entirely from your stack if you have issues with it. Firefox can built with JACK support, mpv has it by default, same with mpd and many music players. Make sure you aren't experiencing the same issues with ALSA though, as it's generally where these issues happen (usually because of specific device settings that need to be changed).

They don't have problems with Pulse, unless it is configured in a very weird way. It's generally a problem with ALSA or OSS and their specific devices. PulseAudio is a proxy layer that makes it easier to manage application inputs and outputs, ALSA and OSS are what handle talking to hardware and taking input from devices or outputting to them.

works on my machine, no crackling.
>mic doesn't work without installing alsa
PULSEAUDIO NEEDS ALSA RETARD
IT'S LITERALLY A PROXY SERVER ***FOR*** ALSA
YOU DUMB PIECE OF SHIT
DIE.

>You could probably drop Pulse entirely from your stack if you have issues with it
idk, ive got it all working alright now since its just a passthrough to jack. all i know is pulseaudio sucked in comparision.

Just learn to config Alsa and you get a very reliable and powerful audio backend, that you understand and can deal with. You do not need anything else. Pulseaudio[+jack] is useless bloatware.

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio/Troubleshooting#Glitches,_skips_or_crackling

JACK is not bloatware, you just have no use for it because you only require the basic features ALSA provides, same with Pulse. I use PulseAudio because I have many different applications running at any given time that need to communicate with multiple input or ouput devices, sometimes with loopbacks. Pulse makes managing this process much more convenient than configuring each application separately. In many cases, those applications may not even have the necessary implementations to provide this functionality, instead opting to simply expose themselves to Pulse, which is generally a better solution than solutions developers provide themselves. JACK is important for anyone who needs to synchronize time data across applications or devices, ie. working and hobbyist music producers or engineers.

You can disable it in powertop

>crackles loudly in your ear
Goddamn you brought up flashbacks.

It truly is a piece of shit.

I'm reminded of the fact that ALSA was fucked by default the last time I ran a linux build, uninstalled it, installed OSS, instead, that was fucked and reinstalled ALSA and it was fine.

Basically ALSA is shit right out of the box and you should just manually reinstall it.

i read that alsa is plagued with issues. why dont they just fix them?

I've used this so many times, I don't understand why they don't change the defaults.

>i read that alsa is plagued with issues. why dont they just fix them?
I honestly don't know, but I haven't used linux in like 5 years. Call me back when there's an Ableton fork for it.

>imagine using os that uses x11 for display and pulseaudio for audio
no wonder linux is server os

i got some loose change here that says you can't actually explain in technical detail why why these things are inferior...

Attached: 1541136299191.jpg (862x501, 59K)

*tears* *pops* *cracks* *sip*

>the ability to play multiple audio streams at once is useless bloatware

Attached: beb.png (690x720, 664K)

yeah that's what i thought

You nigger you can do that with alsa, holy these satania posters are dumb

>t. doesn't know the difference between libalsa and the kernel module

This. The only issue I've ever had was lack of sound once after I had fucked around in settings. Took me a week to finally fix it, though.

Sound in Windows IS the absolute fucking worst piece of shit I have ever experienced. Seriously makes Linux seem like the Gold Standard.And that's just pathetic.

>Listens to vinyl rips.
>Blames Lennart for the pops and scratches.

Attached: 1565650763606.jpg (586x800, 37K)

Sometimes it crack but reloading
pacmd set-card-profile off
and setting it to the default profile back works like a charm.
I have a macro for this on my keyboard.

>Open google translate
>Click on the speak button
>Voice sounds really crackly and the audio plays twice
>Audio is messed up until you close google translate

You only have one pair of ears, so you should only listen to one thing at a time in stereo.

>what is dmix

of course i wouldn't want to be listening to my friends in my headphones, my music on my loudspeakers, and my videogame through my front facing desktop speakers, why would I ever want that lol