Duckduckgo

duckduckgo

Attached: 1200px-DuckDuckGo_logo.svg.png (1200x947, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

security.stackexchange.com/questions/12664/why-would-someone-trust-duckduckgo-or-other-providers-with-a-similar-privacy-pol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Actual good search engine or just hyped by anti google brainlets?

still of the same (((flock))) if that matters.

quack quack

Attached: meh.ro11081.jpg (500x375, 105K)

ddg blacklist sites, google has more results actually.

What about that hipster tree planting one? Do they just sell your data for a 'good cause'?

image search on ddg is much better and not filled with pintrest crap links

I main ddg but always eventually need to switch to Google because relevant results don't always show. What's another decent engine?

>Duck Duck Go?
>More like Suck Suck Blow!

Attached: Mung.jpg (540x720, 63K)

Just use searx already

Cringe and bluepilled.

Attached: Friendly doctor.png (512x512, 63K)

Fuck you wop I bet you aren't even a real doctor

JewJewgo

Pretty much

What's the point in using alternate search engines if you can just use a cookie autodeleting extension in your browser while using google search?
Just set up yours to remember cookies from the sites you need constant login sessions on and you'll be fine. Most of the google tracking is made using cookies anyway and duckduckgo's search results aren't on a par with google's.

DuckDuckGoy

tl;dr use startpage.com

1. Gabriel Weinberg, the founder of DuckDuckGo, used to run the Names Database. This was a website that aimed to connect people who had lost contact by gathering lots and lots of e-mail addresses. Getting access could be done by either paying money, or submitting lots of e-mail addresses of other people. Since the service revolved around gathering personal information, it is very suspicious for Gabriel Weinberg to start a business that is privacy-oriented.

2. DuckDuckGo used to set a tracking cookie, even though they claimed they didn't. This was done by a third party they cooperate with, which means that it wasn't necessarily intentional, but if it's unintentional, it shows a worrying lack of care.

3. DuckDuckGo is based in the US. This makes it really easy for the NSA to compromise it. If it were based in the EU, for example, the NSA wouldn't have the legal power to force them to log everything without telling anyone. This wouldn't guarantee privacy, but it would make it a lot more plausible. Instead, they're based in the US, which means that the NSA can do whatever they want with them. There are secure search engines that are not based in the US.

Examples?

DDG is a very mediocre search engine, it's just its aggressive and disgusting anti-google based marketing and post-snowden era that made it survive that long

Looks like the poster meant kiwifarms which is no longer blacklisted? As if that shit didn't happen with ED and googol

Use startpage or searx. DDG is just another flavor of botnet.

Startpage returns the same google filterbubble results as google

botbotnet

Thats why you should use searx.

For me, it's qwant lite

over hyped, I have to repeat 69% of my searches at google. It’s worse than bing. I support it in theory but its never going to catch up.

security.stackexchange.com/questions/12664/why-would-someone-trust-duckduckgo-or-other-providers-with-a-similar-privacy-pol
whats changed?

It is lacking in some departments but you just have to get used to it like you got with google, use +/- more and you can end up with just ddg, price you pay for not tracking, with tracking it would instantly assume certain things (your search being a github more likely than some game related etc)

It looks like the web has no information on lemons.

Attached: lul.png (962x436, 28K)

How does startpage make money? Why should I trust them? It says on their own page that they pay google for their search results and that they've been profitable since 2004... How are they making $$?

LITERALLY the first link in google search results.

They get money from google as they can still match you even with startpage anonymizing, 99% of people don't use adblockers so that is one source, reCAPTCHA another if you thought you're anonymous here

it uses Oath so its no different than Yahoo
they also blacklist sites, like they recently blacklisted Kiwifarms before getting backlash and changing their mind

They didn't, it was all pedo owner who just sent few emails, backlash by 20k kf users wouldn't do shit, just like it never did when ed eas blacklisted by google

i like this feature

Attached: search.png (1274x813, 118K)

great search engine yeah

Attached: Screenshot_2019-09-15 nuxt auth refresh - searx me.png (767x219, 7K)

Just use Google with a lot of privacy addons. Every search engine is either a botnet or simply shit.
>But Goolag censor some kinds of topic
Then use a different search engine specifically for thoses topics. Most of my searchs never had a problem with being censored or something like that.

those look like indian runner ducks I want some so badly, but im stuck with like 10 dumb muscovys in my backyard