/hpg/ - Headphone General

What audiopedophile memes have you fallen for this week, Jow Forums?

How to request purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: 1567400328508.jpg (600x600, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z370 Extreme4/index.asp#Specification
gameoflife.bandcamp.com/album/made-of-wood-i
xduoo.com/xduoo/En/ProductView.Asp?ID=35
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-xduoo-ta-10-tube-dac-hp-amp.8533/
youtube.com/watch?v=FHQV7mFE2h0
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/c8bxd4/reddit_user_breaks_down_the_solaris_drama/
youtube.com/watch?v=7xWwhePwqXI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for ELEX

Attached: file.png (1315x1213, 1.64M)

based

Attached: unnamed6.jpg (3024x4032, 1.71M)

lotta shottashit

I bought MDR-7506s once and haven't felt the need to buy anything else.
Have you ever worn full headphones in public?
It looks autistic as fuck but I've done it and the sound isolation is great, especially with yaxi pads.

Attached: shota license plate.jpg (409x238, 25K)

In public i lean more towards IEMs.
They are discrete and isolate even better.

TELLING YOU:

Balanced is Better

Attached: 20190327_211749.jpg (4032x3024, 319K)

Is wearing headphones outside of your PC being autistic now? Thanks for the tip user there goes a "megabruh" moment I guess.

That just shows how long I haven't left the home of my parents :^(

There's not a need for balanced on headphones. Specially since every decent amp has more than enough power to drive them anyway.

Why are by normie standards Apple Airpods expensive headphones?

Doesn't make any sense they're only 150 bucks

it only looks autistic if you walk around with obsolete headphones that don't support bluetooth

PS - why are Headphones gay? Put Up a Chick!

Attached: Headphones1.jpg (640x489, 59K)

So it's either wireless or earbuds/IEMs to not look autistic?

Because they don't bring enough to the table to justify the cost. They're barely better than chinese TWS, while costing at the very least, twice.

Is that the reasoning behind them? I don't think normies care about sound anyway.
They barely know what sound is.

i just ignore the OP these days

girls don't wear old obsolete grampa headphones

Attached: headphone cute gril.png (1080x1920, 1.43M)

Have You tried it? There's ALWAYS room for More

Attached: DSC05214.jpg (5184x3888, 681K)

Exactly.
Considering they couldn't care less about sound, why not get a cheapo chinese one? Android owners wouldn't even bat an eye (but most american normies use iPhones. right?)

Only once, it was a audio-GD. Totally forgettable. And even then, I see no need for more headroom.

>Exactly.
>Considering they couldn't care less about sound, why not get a cheapo chinese one? Android owners wouldn't even bat an eye (but most american normies use iPhones. right?)

I see now, thanks.

1st for END GAME

Attached: 48ECA163-FB76-40FE-8F80-3D8DB6B565E9.jpg (3847x2678, 1.77M)

Bullshit. +3dB is noticable, at least when I'm Listening.

Attached: Cable mgmt2.jpg (720x960, 60K)

Do HD600s get caught on your hair the same way HD58Xs do?

yah

Attached: unnamed.jpg (1089x1452, 652K)

Yo guys, i know this is isn't the In Ear headphone general but I need a rec.
>Budget
No more than 35
>Location
US
>Source
idk what this means
>Type of headphone
In Ear Buds
>Comfort level
Fairly
>Sound signature
I guess neutral

I'm looking for a good pair that will have my music actually sound good but i wont mind taking them out to school, store, gym, etc.
Was looking at SoundMagic E10/11 C but theyre like 40-50 bucks and if I can get a rec of something close to that for less I'll probably pick that. Ty boys

Attached: 1524231819525.jpg (575x960, 75K)

I've noticed an influx of shotaposting on Jow Forums, did i miss a memo?

RMS is a pedo

rms?

also uh [spoiler]im not complaining[/spoiler]

>rms?

Attached: 1521515226296.jpg (1508x1493, 437K)

>Budget
$500 AUD ($350 USD)
>Location
Australia
>Source
Asrock Z370 Extreme4 Motherboard headphone jack. Open to amp recommendations.

asrock.com/MB/Intel/Z370 Extreme4/index.asp#Specification
>Type of headphone
Over ear
>Open or closed
Either.
>Comfort level
Comfy is always preferred.
>Sound signature
Whatever helps hear that crisp, organic instrument sound.
>Past headphones
HD58X - Sound is good, but keeps fucking clamping my hair. I don't want to go bald so not wearing them anymore.
Kingston Hyper X Gaming Headset - Bought a few years ago. Sound pretty good for what I paid ($110AUD) but the volume dial is broken; moving it even a tiny bit off maximum causes the audio to distort.

Basically I want the best I can afford with my budget that won't make me go bald around the ears.

>reddit
I've just not been on the board for a long while

I don't understand why we have shota on the OP too

Look at the Tin offerings it gets jacked off a lot by /iemg/

kek at your audio knowledge tbhtbhtbh

well I just noticed the days almost over, whatre you listening with?

Attached: 41120B59-946E-4B24-8BAF-D95191836D1A.jpg (2960x2569, 2.14M)

What the fuck is this device? It looks interesting.

Are the ATH-R70X's any good?
They look hella comfy, I currently have DT 990 Pro's which are kinda uncomfy after a long period
DAC is a Dragonfly Black so I don't think 470 ohms will be an issue

Attached: raineri.png (1400x931, 1.84M)

Can you share some recording user? Looks fancy.

kek airpods whatever

not mine but here is a collection of different artists recordings using only ciat-lonbarde(the wooden synths) instruments

gameoflife.bandcamp.com/album/made-of-wood-i

Attached: CDB9DD13-2ED0-4EEC-BFC8-987AB0F11850.jpg (4032x2903, 2.89M)

are these a meme
my computers keep braaping at me when the gpu is in use

Attached: Screenshot_20190915_120604.png (929x495, 68K)

*solves headphones*

Attached: 5vpn8pwecxx11.jpg (7323x4884, 1.68M)

I was just thinking
Magnets have altered magnetic properties depending on how hot they are right?
Does this mean headphones could potentially sound different depending on ambient temperature?

How does your hair get caught, are you some kinda hippie? Maybe try adding blu-tack where your hair gets caught?

obviously yes. They will also sound differently if you're in a high/low pressure area, if the air is more/less humid etc.
They'll also sound differently if you're dehydrated or suffer some kind of deficient supply, since your neurones are affected.

Audioquest Nighthawks

I legit got goosebumps when I heard a friend's Susvara for the first time. It's funny because the headphone themselves look so shitty for a $4,000 product.

Getting my Campfire Audio Andromeda Gold Eds in on monday, is it worth it to run them balanced?

I've heard that there's little reason to run them non single ended as it doesn't change anything. Maaaybe increasing the soundstage a bit? Opinions?

Source is RME ADI 2 Dac + THX 789

Congrats on an awesome purchase!
You can try balanced with a cheap chinese cable. I bought yinyoo (iirc the name) on ali for around 30-40 bucks.
If you notice an appreciable difference you can just buy a better balanced cable.

Sounds like a good idea!

Pic related was my first foray into dacs for gayming, but it was usb and I no longer have it, where do I go from here?
For driving HD660s.

>fucking pic

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

Topping DX3 Pro w/LDAC ver.

FX Audio Dac-X6
Micca Origen G2

dat clicking knob

Digital encoder wheel > scratchy analog crap

What are user's thoughts on a Fiio E10k for my use case? I currently have some 80ohm DT 770's plugged into my PC (crosshair hero VI for reference) and my primary use case is vidya and listening to music - mainly various subgenres of heavy metal (so the bass cannon nature of the headphones isn't an issue). I do however always wonder if an amp would give a bit of extra clarity but my won research on the matter leads me at an impasse - many claim onboard audio (though not specifically my mobo or the audio chip in it - I am ignorant on its capabilities) is good enough whereas there is an equal amount of claims onboard audio is crap and an amp would be good for headphones of this impudence.

Really i'm just looking for additional opinions on the matter.

Attached: 1000x1000.jpg (1000x1000, 212K)

Asus tends to have good onboard sound, 80 Ohm speakers aren't that hard to drive, so an amp should be useless.
The Snapdragon 8XX series comes with relatively decent DAC implemented. Got a phone with one around and if so, do you hear a difference between it and your mainboard sound?
If yes, get some decent DAC, if not you're fine.

I dunno about the DT770 and this DAC/amp in particular but yes it can change the sound and some headphones are more sensible to it than others, although for now I've yet to experience major sound changes from that.
So yeah you can do it if you want and the actual physical controls on the amp are a plus too, but I'm not convinced you'll hear a difference and if you do there's a fair chance it's eitehr A your mobo output is noisy or B you're being placeboed.

I have tried running them balanced on a couple different cables I've got ( $25-120) as well as with and without IEMatch and on my set up (AK100ii as source) it felt as though the treble was a bit more relaxed, I guess? Not really a big difference at all, and even at that, it wasn't a difference I was interested in so just run them single ended normally.

Attached: received_1250318715139600.jpg (3953x2228, 645K)

so i downloaded autoeq

now what?

Attached: 1236545648947.jpg (699x599, 78K)

>Having anything in the signal chain with andros
Dont use these with anything less than the stock cable and a low impedance source. DO NOT use the IEMatch.
What fucking retard came up with a crossover less design ? Fuck ken Ball.

>that band
gay as fuck faggot kill yourself

>no bass: the headphone

hd559s for 76 euros, good deal?

It's ok, buy them

no. 60$ at most.

What's a good tube amp for audeze lcd-2c?
Never tried tubes and want to check them out.
I'm currently thinking about
xduoo.com/xduoo/En/ProductView.Asp?ID=35

>xduoo
If you need a dac+tube amp this is the way to go. xduoo is an excellent brand go for it.I would go for the TA-10 its dac is pretty good so if you decide to go solid state its a good option to use its dac.

oh and I forgot: If you go with the TA-10 get the balanced version with two tubes.

You need to export something that you can use in an equalizer program (APO). I think oratory1990's wiki has all the values for m40x you need to put into APO so you don't necessarily need to mess with AutoEQ at all if it's troublesome.

Thanks! Why Ta-10 and not Ta-03s? Better Dac?
They cost the same where I'm at.

More features line out trs output regardless of version etc. Btw the balanced version is the TA 20. TA 10 is very good too so if you cant get the the 20 get the 10.

That's the Ta-20 bro, the Ta-10 only comes with a single tube. How much power does the Ta-10 have btw? More than the Dx3pro?

enough to make the 600ohm beyers distort.

Yeah, found it. It's more expensive tho.

yeah doesnt have a dac though. It does have a pass through so you can chain amps. So if you just need an amp go for the TA-20 and if you want a dac that gives you the ability to use solid state amps in the future go for the 10

In depth review
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-xduoo-ta-10-tube-dac-hp-amp.8533/

that being said, hd559s or K240s?

youtube.com/watch?v=FHQV7mFE2h0

whatcha listening to?

>DO NOT use the IEMatch.
tf? IEMatch is perfect for CFA IEMs.

hd 600 vs. hd6xx?
is the extra $80 worth it for better mids and overall transparency?

why has op been such a fag recently

He got a lucky hit with the Andromeda but the rest of Campfire lineup is pure TRASH. I don't think he knows what he's doing.

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/c8bxd4/reddit_user_breaks_down_the_solaris_drama/

Moondrop Spaceship

What seem to be the best open backed headphones around 100 euros?

Stax

470 ohm doesnt mean much. Sensitivity is more important in ability to drive a headphone. Dragonfly black isnt especially powerful either.

Then why do people buy the dx3pro if the ta-10 is that much better?

Good pair of headphones for this kind of music???????? youtube.com/watch?v=7xWwhePwqXI

Solaris is good tho. Haven't noticed anything Crin mentions.

Holy shit, 65O modded sounds amazing with these songs!

B E L L S I N G

>Budget
Lots for quality
>Location
USA
>Source
Mayflower ARC aux port
>Type of headphone
Full
>Open or closed
Either
>Sound signature
Neutral?
>Past headphones
m40x for csgo

My m40s just fell apart after years of heavy daily use. Any recommendations for quality headphones for general use?

Attached: Mayflower_Arc.jpg (1024x1024, 32K)

ok retard

*snap*

huh?

You haven't heard about the controversy with knowles and bellsing?

um yes it is?

Yessir. Best neutral open back headphones you can buy < $350. They are my daily and I wear them 8 hours a day. Feel free to ask me any questions you have

>trying to get me to buy wires and buds separately all for the sake of muh quality and modularity

the whole point is i dont have audio knowledge and dont give enough of a fuck, i just want good ear buds that will sound good and last as daily drivers.
like the t420 of earbuds

anything with a mic?

Attached: 1510036788767.jpg (1085x1083, 505K)