Jif

>jif
It's pronounced gif.
It stands for Graphics Interchange Format.

Attached: BotB.gif (854x480, 1.03M)

Other urls found in this thread:

howtoreallypronouncegif.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's also pronounced doge. Only redditors said doje but of course their pronunciation takes hold.

Attached: 1565727783830.jpg (1080x1020, 72K)

Actually that's a misconception, it stands for Giraffics Interchange Format, hence the j-.

people who unironically argue about pronunciation are the lowest form of tech "enthusiasts", as they are legitimately too retarded to hold on opinion on anything more substantial.

howtoreallypronouncegif.com/

It's pronounced "guy-FFF" idiot

Yup literry doggy. Reddit are fucking retards

Doje sounds funnier.

I bet you have a gf and totally not wasting your life on this site

Actually, it pronounced "jai-FFF"

It's pronounced "guhf" not "jee eff"

cope

kek

Last time we had this thread, I spent two days arguing that yes, it is in fact pronounced "jif."
But this time, I...I just can't. I'm too tired. Who gives a shit anymore? Is this really that important? Fuck.

see

It's pronounced "gee eye eff". Anybody who says otherwise is a lazy retard.

That website makes zero good points.

Ultimate redpill. "gif" is, in fact, not a word but an acronym.

It's because you're wrong.

>tfw no gif

Attached: cancer_man.jpg (180x179, 10K)

The pronouciation of doge comes from rulers in the Italian republic back in the day. It was also spelled doge.

Saying "jiff":
- cuts down on confusion ("I sent you a gif [hard g]" could be mistaken for, "I sent you a gift.")
- follows a distinct grammatical trend of words starting with "g" being pronounced with a soft g [giraffe, gist, gesture, gym, gin, gyrate] which makes sense if you're treating "gif" as a word
- abides by the intention of the creator of the 'word,' who dictates that it is pronounced "jiff" (and whatever he says goes, because "gif" is not actually a word and therefore required to to follow the logistical rules of any constructed language at all, meaning the first person to coin the term gets to dictate its pronunciation)
- pisses off nerds
- fuck you

>inb4 "but it's "graphical" not "jraphical"
Doesn't matter. Most abbreviations that are pronounced as single words don't necessarily follow all the rules of the letters' original context.
"SCUBA" isn't pronounced "scuh-bah" because even though that would respect the logical pattern of the letters' original contextual use, it just wouldn't make sense on its own and would sound too unnatural. "AWOL" isn't pronounced "ah-woll" for the same reason.

actually

it's yiff

Attached: 05fc3bb325c371fb14f8664607f5d098.jpg (800x725, 275K)

Jpeg
Joint photographic experts group
Jay fegg

It's pronounced see tee are ell

Umm actually an acronym is >an abbreviation formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word (e.g. ASCII, NASA )
Look how stupid you are!

pls no, god no

>jay-peg
actually its pronounced gay-peg

ITS JFIF YOU ...
HRNNNNNNNNG FUCK OFF ZOOMY LITTLE SHIT, BACK IN MY DAYS IN THE 80s ALL WE HAD WERE .BMP AND CUSTOM IMAGE FILES THAT WERE JUST ARRAYS THAT CONTAINTED 4 UNSIGNED BYTES, WE COULD CODE IT ON AN AMIGA IN 5 MINUTES YOU KEKOLD
by the way your gf cucked you for a black man, and if you are black then she cucked you for a white man.

The creator pronounces it jif. It's sad to know that even the creator is wrong.

yes ÙwÚ
(psst here's a fact, many people in tech. are furries (or weebs))

concatenating 3 letters doesn't give you the authority to change the rules of a language

Attached: splash.jpg (1202x610, 41K)

And the "jif" pronunciation also comes from how it has been historically used, even by its creator

see
no wonder a retarded format was created by a retard

Attached: 1568324714754.gif (480x358, 1.16M)

God, this website is shit. Just look how much space it takes:

Introduction

Throughout history, there have been numerous hotly-debated topics. That’s even more so the case today—we’ll debate about almost anything. But I don’t think there’s a segment of the population that debates issues so intensely as the web design and development community. Don’t get me wrong, we certainly have some great debates about important topics, but whoa do we argue over some ridiculous stuff too. Look no further than the debate over, of all things, the pronunciation of an image format: GIF. Some people even go so far as to make a dedicated website of such things. Crazy, right? So anyway, I made this website on how to really pronounce GIF.
Why is it the correct pronunciation?

It’s the most natural, logical way to pronounce it. That’s why when everyone comes across the word for the first time, they use a hard G.
How is it the logical pronunciation?

Every word that starts with G, then a vowel, then an F, is pronounced with a hard G. For example:
Gaffe. Gift. Guff. Guffaw.

Most one-syllable words that start with G have a hard G (not an exhaustive list):
Gab. Gad. Gag. Gal. Gam. Gap. Gas. Gay. Get. Gig. Gill. Gimp. Gird. Girl. Git! Give. Go. Goal. Gob. God. Gone. Gore. Got. Guide. Guild. Guilt. Gull. Gulp. Gum. Gun. Gust. Gut. Guy.

The word “gift” is the closest word to GIF, and it has a hard G. To pronounce GIF, just say “gift” without the “t”.
Say gift without the t
What about Gin, Gem, Gym, Geo, and Gel?

Gin is not a good counterexample because it’s a drink derived from juniper berries, so its name is from the Dutch jenever for “juniper”. Gem comes from the Latin gemma for “jewel”. As for the other words, they are abbreviations of larger words, so they inherited their pronunciations.

lmao english doesnt have rules, just vague conventions

GNU, pronounced Gah NEW because the G don't be silent. -Richard Matthew Stallman

>It's sad to know that even the creator is wrong.
Really is so.