The "idiot audiophile tax" has gone too far

I bet the subwoofer sets of Logitech as multiple times better value for money than most "audiophile tech". They sell """""tech""""" that is worth $100 for $800.

Attached: file.png (680x383, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audiobacon.net/2019/04/05/sotm-snh-10g-audiophile-ethernet-switch-review/
myhifishop.de/Devices/AQ-SWITCH-AQVOX-Audiophile-Network-SWITCH-8-Ports::75.html?language=en
youtube.com/watch?v=XJJy6VJvSCk
amazon.com/Klipsch-Reference-Surround-VSX-LX303-9-2-Channel/dp/B07QH3CGW6?pf_rd_p=387d50eb-83f8-4221-a708-8a1575a4a151&pd_rd_wg=0FxNs&pf_rd_r=7MXSA82V0YRPJB0JZX1S&ref_=pd_gw_cr_simh&pd_rd_w=vPrNP&pd_rd_r=a8cdee1d-f099-4464-a0d7-aae7092029fd
youtube.com/watch?v=H1waVEH16pU&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>most "audiophile tech"
Please be specific.

Attached: Soft-Punk-9.jpg (2370x1580, 714K)

Did you know that 2x 2" woofers arent great compared to 2x 5" woofers?

All that shit that is Marketed less about literal technology and more about promised. "Impeccable sound", "Trust me, I heard it with my own ears". "Vinyl sounds great"(absolutely laughable, especially if it's not a

i had the z-5500s when I was a kid
was based and redpilled desu, my parents hated that subwoofer lol

I have this exact set and is doing an excellent work by what I pay for.

It's generally extremely good value for money. So called "audiophiles" are routinely getting robbed with $100-worth equipment sold for $1,000.

I even have a 2channel+subwoofer Logitech from like 2010 and it sounds extremely good for the money which was like $50.

If you're only looking for better value keep your shitty Logitech speakers. Micca mb42x will blow that shit out of the water

Fuck off audiophile idiot. Those don't even have a subwoofer.
Keep paying the idiot tax.

>I bet
So you don't really know, this is just a case of sour grapes.

Every cent spent on audiophile equipment is always 100% justified.

Attached: pnoe-speaker-about.jpg (825x660, 266K)

You know. Buy ANY $70 set from Logitech and you'll get something usable with a subwoofer that is worth the money 100%.

Get any "audiophile speakers" and they'll ask for $200 for similar quality without even a subwooder in the price!

Absolutely laughable.

>I like paying the audiophile idiot tax
Did you also get $1,000 cables that are worth $10 instead of $5?

What do you say to someone who is convinced he can distinguish between different DACs or amplifiers?

Attached: 14741a68_5-waybindingpost.jpg (450x738, 84K)

>needs a shitty sub to support his already shitty speakers
The size of that thing is not enough to push enough air to get decent bass. Keep seething with your poorfag gear

Attached: 1549304509566.jpg (800x450, 44K)

The cheaper speakers include a subwoofer because otherwise you would have no bass.

I will allow that 'rack' because it is quite low.

Attached: Screenshot_20190823_164059.png (490x437, 103K)

Most cheap garbage alter the sound in a negative way (mostly chink DACs). Are you telling me that tube amps sound the same as solid state smooth brain?

For Normie's Logitech sets or even a soundbar is sufficient. For autists like my I need Genelec 2.1 system (3000$) + Yggdrasil DAC (2000$).
Does it have exponentially better sound quality? Probably not. But with hi-fi and with life in general - why should the purpose be as price-efficient as possible unless it's something you don't care about at all?

>tube amps sound the same as solid state
Well, if they're not clipping.

me too, think I got it for 70 maybe 5 years ago?
I mostly use it with its stereo expansion, but I've recently been using its dedicated 5.1.

>otherwise you would have no bass.

You can get good bass with tiny desktop speakers without a woofer.

Attached: wew.png (1919x925, 491K)

Those are Bose, not cheap Logitech speakers. I used to have the speakers in OPs pic and they sound like complete shit on their own.

I literally threw away a 5.1 Logitech setup I had after listening to the Bose pair for only a few minutes.

Subhuman thinks logitech is any good
Even my htc one m8 has a clearer Sound than these pos made for illiterate niggers
Kys poltard

Same.

Whats the most redpilled setup? I just got 5k and want to have the best setup i can afford.

The thing with audiophile tech nowadays compared to what it was back in the boomer glory days is that now legends and meme-tier overpriced audio technology is easier to spot out by doing enough research. There's plenty of cheap really good equipment and from my experience most people in the audiophile community embrace bang for the buck stuff as much as the really high-tier stuff.

>5k
that's not enough for good equipment

Looked it up. Speakers in pic go for about $40000.
I don't feel bad spending $500 on speakers anymore.

Idk, i am not into audio that much
Just get some for 500 euro or something
I read that Teufel are ok, or just build your own
But fucking avoid logitech dogshit speakers, even my microlab 75 euro 2.1 system sounds way clearer than their 200 euro abominations
Logitech speakers are for nigger iq poltards like op

Smooth brain. Tubes inherently distort the sound they are fed with. The end result is a warm and rich sound with some bass roll-off
>2.5" driver
>good bass
lolno. At least it's better than the shitty logitech ones
Depends on the application

well you should

Guaranteed you're one of the cucks who spends 1000 on a cable thats worth $10. Shut the fuck up faggot i dont give a fuck what some dude whose head is so far up his own ass has to say.

>only 1000 for a cable
lol, are you poor?

No but im fucking lonely

Attached: IMG_20190914_122154.jpg (438x738, 25K)

then buy and be satisfied.
no one cares what you do with your money.

How? Im never satisfied.i bought a 65 in 4k tv and am still just as lonely and abandoned as i was before. Nothing makes me happy anymore im fucking broken.

>subwoofer
That's just a shitty little woofer user.
Low midrange comes out of it.

Attached: 1565661031675.jpg (300x250, 9K)

Audiophiles are morons. They actually believe that Ethernet switch will somehow change the quality and the tone of the sound when streaming from Spotify. No, I am serious, they actually believe that.

audiobacon.net/2019/04/05/sotm-snh-10g-audiophile-ethernet-switch-review/

myhifishop.de/Devices/AQ-SWITCH-AQVOX-Audiophile-Network-SWITCH-8-Ports::75.html?language=en

The subwoofer sets of Logitech are absolute trash and I know this from experience.

Yup, that set.

>lolno
I have a pair on my desk.
They produce good bass, enough to make people think some fag with 8" kickers is idling on the street.

>Anyone who tells you digital devices and cables can’t make a difference – is bullshitting you. They either haven’t heard it for themselves or choose to be ignorant. Assuming healthy ears, those are the only two possibilities.
Ah, the Dunning Kruger effect in full force, I see.

>psuedo Intellectual the post

>Regardless, an astute engineer (and human being) always uses the right tools, for the right job. They should know when the scientific method applies – and when it doesn’t.

>At this point, I could do one of two things: Be egotistic and demand proof – or just hear it for myself. Which path one takes largely depends on personality. Although it was easier to dismiss these notions, I decided to just hear it for myself. I’ve now been listening to audio gear full-time for about 5 years now.
The biggest of red flags.

The z-5500 is in fact so based I still use it in current year. got my parents the z906 which has a weaker sub but is still great.

>listening to braps on this setup
haha...

Attached: 1567718945633.jpg (427x337, 53K)

>warm and rich
You mean shittily band pass filtered? Yeah

Get with the times, gramps. Today's tech snakeoil are PC monitors. Inb4 muh fps, muh refresh rate, muh kill count.

Those are the kinds of people who think their ears can hear better than a spectrum analyzer. They're about as good an authority on audio as diehard Christians are on the history of life.

Imagine the sound

The cope. Pic related destroys your niggerspeakers.

Attached: Reference-Premiere-280F-Ebony-System-Shot.jpg (1143x1143, 96K)

seems like a good place to ask, i wanna get a little 5.1 set for my living room projector set up

would Logitech Z906 be a horrible waste of money?

Try playing 30Hz and you'll hear the limitations
Tubes produce a distortion called second harmonic. This gives richness and dept to many instruments but is most abundant on vocals. Along side that it will increase the soundstage on whatever you hook it up to. None of that is possible on your shitty band pass filter
Don't bother. If you're planning on getting a 5.1 setup I would recommend a minimum of $700. Having 2 good speakers is better than having 6 shitty speakers

I'd say, wow, you've got some nice speakers.

Attached: post-141266-0-80014100-1433239079.jpg (1200x897, 136K)

Attached: name his gear.gif (300x242, 1.78M)

>logishit

Attached: 1556648242748.jpg (949x1263, 104K)

It's just a mental illness. There are great speakers in many price categories, and everyone knows why these price categories exist. It's to satisfy whatever price you are willing to pay for your endgame.

I paid serious money for an Epicon series setup, Epicon 8 in the living room and Epicon 2 in my PC room. They are amazing speakers, but I know part of it comes from the fact that they are extremely expensive. And you will see the same happen to everyone who is into this mental illness.

youtube.com/watch?v=XJJy6VJvSCk
the only people I think that are remotely as pretentious than audiophiles are mech keyboard faggots

what the fuck is wrong with audiophiles?

Attached: audiophiles3.jpg (2646x2797, 3.79M)

Is that a HDD? lol

Attached: FC5FD2D9F0134105AF50F84BE31C69AD.jpg (1199x533, 108K)

>for the money
You seem to miss the point. We're not buying based on performance-value ratios, we're buying strictly because it performs better, because we want better performance. I'm sorry you are poor, and cannot afford to pay large premiums for better performance. We are not, we can sink $10k into an audio system and not care about whether or not it's a "great value", because that's our prerogative as people with money.

At $700 would I still be good with a pre-made system or can I get six speakers and an alright receiver for that?

No, you're the one who doesn't understand. For some of us it is not only about social status.

Attached: 1565314661862.jpg (1222x759, 133K)

The majority of producers do a high-pass cutoff at 38Hz to prevent the distortion lower frequencies cause. It's either -12dB/-24dB curved so frequencies towards the 34Hz-36Hz range can still be audible, but only barely. Very few tracks have any audible frequencies below 30Hz, those that do are usually either produced by complete amateurs or for specific non-music related purposes.
You could get the speakers, probably not a good a receiver. A good receiver is important. I'd budget for $1,000 - $1,100; $700 for the speakers, $300 - $350 for a receiver. Receivers can be used for multiple systems so it's a good investment.
Yes, poorfag, tell me about the $10k setup you can't afford. Buying a nice pair of headphones doesn't make you an audiophile.

It's not just about social status for us either, brainlet, we also take stock in emotional and existential success. There's no reason you can't have both in life. Just because I am wealthy does not mean I am unhappy, or that I do not value things which wealth cannot obtain, and have not already obtained those. Material and emotional/intellectual success are not mutually exclusive, in fact, one often supports the acquisition of the other.

SMSL AD18 from China and put the rest in speakers if you're into hifi.
I prefer "full" sound over precision so recently replaced high end vintage sony receiver + mission M73 with used bose 5.1 active speakers and I'm very happy with it.
Friend has some very expensive amplifier from norway and speakers from denmark and even he complimented how bose sounds. People hate bose because it's all dsp tricks but I don't care.

"I KNOW THE VALUE IS SHIT, BUT I BUY IT BECAUSE I """"""""""""""BELIEVE""""""""""""""" IT'S BETTER"

You delusional idiots that pay the tax for it.

If you weren't brainlets you would research how audio technology works and not pay CROOKS that take your money at bad value.

What kind of "non poorfags" you are anyway losing your money? Only brainlets lose money. No wonder you're obviously with daddy's money and never earned anything without handouts from inheritance, little children.

I do my research, I have a BA; which is exactly why I'm willing to pay premiums for more expensive hardware. If there were vendors in the game that produced the same hardware for cheaper, I would obviously go for them, but there isn't. And no, your shitty $100, poorly built Logitech speakers with a small ass sub in a fucking awful enclosure are not even comparable to a more expensive sound system.

My dad died when I was ten, my mother was a drug addict, I lived with foster parents until I was 18 and was then immediately kicked out of the house I lived in with barely a grand to my name. I worked for my success and will spend money accordingly. You only live once, there is no point in having money if you are just going to sit on it until you die instead of using it to enjoy life.

I have a question. Why do you need to have those speakers to add distortion? Shouldn't the armonics you talk about be already present in the recording? If you add distortion to it, wouldn't it be different than the recordings? Or is a matter of personal taste, such as "it sounds more real to me"?

Idiot here
I need a good speaker system for my living room which one is the best value/performance ?

I'm actually using a pair of Bose speakers(pic) right now for the home theater and its really not bad, but all the sound comes from the back (projector home theater set up, its working for now)

Might just invest in something good and buy it all separately over time then swap it out

Attached: goodw.png (1233x563, 515K)

I didn't know audiofools bought cornucopias

Not necessarily. Tubes manipulate the sound. It's all just personal preference, some people like the warm and rich sound of tubes, while others prefer the transparency that solid state offers

i can, reliably too
make my brother blind test me once every year or so when im bored
last time i even felt the differance between my dx3 pros filter settings

You are one of those retards that abolishes one retarded extreme and goes straight to the other end.
Like going from barbarity to decadence, without a stop at civilization.

It's a red flag for spotting brainlets.

Like Apple products these are Veblen goods (indicators of social status).
Just buy Chinese knockoffs instead.
Research has shown that sexual attraction in such matters is instinctive and does not understand the concept of knockoffs so knockoffs work okay.

I got from logitech x-530 I used for the last 12 years to edifier s3000 pro. The difference is night and day.

I actually have these and they are Fucking AMAZING.
But I also want a subwoofer as my 5.1 Asus Xonar card has a center speaker audio jack.
Thing is, I can't find a decent Subwoofer that has the 3.5mm jack connection for a computer as a stand-alone subwoofer for sale.

Any thoughts or ideas anyone knows on how I can compliment my Bose Companions?

Using Swan M50W 2.1 system. It's pretty based for movies.

just a reminder that if you think those Bose pieces of shit are "amazing" then you haven't actually heard a good audio system, and by good, I don't mean overly expensive, either

Seek Jesus

Well this seems like a good thread to ask this in, yes I am a brainlet lets just get that out of the way before we start

I have finally gotten some money to play with and want to get a 5.1 system set up for my computer and tv... I am a little confused about what to get and what I might be missing.

Here is what I was looking at, but I am a little confused on how to wire it up

amazon.com/Klipsch-Reference-Surround-VSX-LX303-9-2-Channel/dp/B07QH3CGW6?pf_rd_p=387d50eb-83f8-4221-a708-8a1575a4a151&pd_rd_wg=0FxNs&pf_rd_r=7MXSA82V0YRPJB0JZX1S&ref_=pd_gw_cr_simh&pd_rd_w=vPrNP&pd_rd_r=a8cdee1d-f099-4464-a0d7-aae7092029fd

What other info might be needed?

Thank you, your comment completely changed my worldview. I can't believe such helpful sarcasm could have ever been so life changing.

i have these

>worth $100 for $800
>he does not use a $27,350 power cord for this equipment
fucking peasant

Attached: audiofags.png (2278x1008, 529K)

isn't this just a snake oil salesman thing?

me again with pic related

Is this correct?

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1193x577, 120K)

Why wouldn't you use the component video?

I own that set and a pair of JBL studio monitors and the difference in sound between those 2 is night and day, it's not like they're bad for the money, they just don't sound as good

I have that exact Logitech 5:1 system. Works great even though I'm only using it in 2:1 because i don't want to run wires all over my room. Paid $65 on sale. The woofer makes my floor shake when I'm listening to music/movies and that's all I give a shit about.

this is why I am asking, I really don't know what I am doing with hooking this stuff up and trying to avoid problems before I buy.

I really dont understand why I would need video going to an audio receiver, or is it just the audio from the video that is being sent?

please remember I am a brainlet when it comes to this stuff

They ALL are, but retards still buy them.

This is modern receiver, you can probably use usb or even ethernet to connect your pc and use dac that is built into receiver.
It's not 70s anymore when you fed analog signal into it.

show me what I would need to do?

Attached: back of receiver.png (1536x864, 293K)

those creep me out for some reason, what the fuck

>getting 5.1 audio
>not getting 9.2 receiver
plz stop

Attached: 13cd0dacd965bec1832a48cb921631c3.jpg (2003x823, 526K)

dont they remind you of a vagina?
top looks kinda like a clit and a wide open hole for fucking

youtube.com/watch?v=H1waVEH16pU&feature=youtu.be

>Helix power cord
Fucking hell. I don't really mind silver speaker wires but god damn it