Do you think that in the future ( ~10 years)...

Do you think that in the future ( ~10 years), hardware will be unavailable for consumers and everything will be a subscription cloud service, even the actual OS ?

Attached: cloudpepe.jpg (640x352, 26K)

no

yes

maybe

like the chromebook?

Yes. Nothing will be free. Every piece of tech will be rented out for a subscription and self destructs if you don’t pay up

>hardware will be unavailable.
On what then will we run the stuff that exists in the cloud?

I meant on a consumer level, not companies that build cloud servers

That's what they're trying to do with nu-windows. Next windows will have no compatibility with any legacy software and you will only be able to use a curated selection of applications from the application store, most of which will be adware or (((SaaS))). You don't own anything, goy, now pay up the protection money or your purchase gets stolen from you.

That's a most excellent question. As well as a concern. However, there's no need to worry one bit. In fact, quite the opposite will end up happening. Hardware in general will become even more mainstream, abundant, ubiquitous, decentralized, affordable, and accessible than ever before. Here's a small/general timeline.

2027 - AR/VR go mainstream and become an ubiquitous part of everyday modern life.

2030 - Plastic surgery becomes as affordable and accessible as a ballpoint pen. Plastic surgeons the World over commit suicide in mass droves overnight. Women all over the Earth become way more fuckable than they've ever been in all of history. Outright perfectly flawless fuckdoll goddesses. Women in general stop aging and fat chicks no longer exist.

2036 - The Hitachi corporation unveils the World's very first companion android. The divorce rate skyrockets instantly overnight. Well above and beyond the 50%+ metric of the 90's. Inexperienced men will be completely unable to tell the difference between them and real women. And will thus get tricked by their buddies into accidentally dating and fucking one. The Feminazi movement will slowly cease to exist over Time as women become even more irrelevant than they are today. As well as the overall arching incel phenomenon. Call girls the World over will fly over to Japan in order to picket in front of Hitachi's factories.

What about trannies

>Hardware in general will become even more ... decentralised
Isn't that exactly what this concern is about, in a way?

That's a really good question there. And I'll be completely honest with you. I try not to think about the whole tranny thing because I get this terrible feeling they're only gonna get even better at passing once that timeline starts to unfold. So dating women will be even scarier than it is now. However, thankfully, in the future there'll be smartphone apps that will scan a chick's body for her chromosomes and thus come up with the sex she was born with in mere seconds.

Well, when I was thinking decentralized, I meant in a good way. In other words, consumers will continue to have access to hardware like they do now. Kinda like how automobiles are accessible all over the World. Even in the 3rd world sphere. I never saw the concept of decentralization as a bad thing. In what ways were you thinking about decentralization as far as it being a concern?

can you even read?
on what hardware are consumers supposed to consume media? you still need hardware on a consumer level.

>in the future there'll be smartphone apps that will scan a chick's body for her chromosomes and thus come up with the sex she was born with in mere seconds.
Banned for transphobia

>decentralization as far as it being a concern
I'll be honest, I thought I had a sensible idea there about how it, by its nature, moves control over to other machines that might be malicious, but that's just how networking in general works and it's not really the fault of decentralisation itself. At least it makes it harder for those malicious third parties to ruin the entire thing, as opposed to centralised big corporation type things which have a single massive point of failure.
I guess my main concern is that there might be a future where hardware is so dependent on everything around it that it becomes useless in isolation. I hope that in the future we don't lose the ability to create local copies of data/tools so that they can be used without needing to connect to the outside world.
Also, I don't really get the analogy of automobiles being a decentralised technology, since there's no interaction between different vehicles beyond the fact that they're also on the same roads as you. It's more similar to how the internet itself works, with data packets travelling through wires and avoiding collisions.

Yes. It's already happening
Windows will be a streamed OS as well in the future

Attached: 1556267660449.gif (682x403, 19K)

Phones, tablets and laptops.

Smartphones and laptops that are extremely locked-down

The point I am making about consumer hardware is of that of physical Cpu.Ram,Storage. I imagine a (touch) screen with integrated Mobile Network,will be enough to stream content, and the only thing available, ( on consumer level ). Basically like a dystopian future.

you still need a cpu, ram, storage to decode the 16k streams retard

You shouldn't make threads

Sure, but that could be on a nanoscopic level, like a SIM card, which you can't run anything else on it.