Why is iPhone the best?

Why is iPhone the best?

Attached: 6AA07FD2-8448-4F37-9A69-EA98FFA4C6BF.gif (213x300, 3.69M)

literally swapped the future of the iphone

Eventually the whole back will be entirely cameras like a telescope array

This. And the front too, under the screen.

My nigga popping a boner from all this swag

These have to be the thickest playing cards I've ever seen.

the 7th and 8th iphones look pretty aesthetics desu

I'm not sure it is. It has an excellent, highly optimised OS but that's about it. In fact, do I really care that an operating system runs efficiently on the lowest specs that Apple can get away with? Added to the fact that the SOC will be throttled by the OS once the devices battery efficiency starts to degrade! So, the lowest costs possible at the highest margin possible to milk its user base, locked OS and a totalitarian DRM system? Added to which the vast majority of its features since 2011 have been copied off other mobile platforms! No, no, no sir; the current iPhone line is not the best.

You had me at "runs efficiently", that's where Android stops.

Android is so bloated it needs excessive specs to run anything well. iPhone is best because it delivers what their users want. Locked OS in actually a feature.

It isn't best

This. Imagine your entire OS API being under the JVM. Holy shit....

If you were running a budget phone I would agree with you but the iPhone isn't a budget phone at its price point. The specs are budget so Apple's margins are huge. Added to which I don't want a locked down system, I want something open to tinker with. iPhones are comfy tech for Women, children, homosexuals and OAPs. Apple products aren't for me.

Great but money isn't a problem for me. All the time I'll spend figuring out all the quirks and gotchas of my phone's custom ROMs will more than compensate for one purchase.

Here's a genuine question because I'm considering Android for my next phone, but I'm undecided.

My iPhone 6 got the latest software for 5 years (from its 2014 release up until right now, because iOS 13 is the first major release it won't get).

Most Android phones only get updates for 2-3 years, right? Are there any Android phones that get updates longer than that? I think Pixels are guaranteed for 3 years or something, right? But 3 is not as long as 5.

It depends on which carrier and phone you go with. If you get a Pixel variant you'll continue to get updates as long as the phone can support them. If you go with something like a Motorola phone on Verizon, you may only get updates for a few years, which will almost always be 6 months or later than when the update was made to Android because the carriers want to review it and add their own shit to support their services

Low quality bait.

>Women, children, homosexuals and OAPs
Can you be more of a moron? iPhones are for anyone who likes them.

>underclocks your phone via updates 2 years after purchase
Heh, nothing personal kid

Attached: downloadfile-18.jpg (594x396, 31K)

You can turn that off in the settings, you fucking idiot.

>slow as shit
vs
>randomly turning off
shit harder, iJeet

>You will not post any of the following outside of /b/:
>Racism
>>>/global/rules/3

MOOOODS MOOOODS MOOODS MOOODS

Not only are you breaking the rules but you're also so dense that you think Indians use Apple products a lot? They don't, China uses Apple products much more. iOS market share in China is 20%, while in India it's only 3%. Apple products are not very popular in India at all. Pic related, China is top.

Sorry you're so fucking stupid.

Attached: StatCounter-os_combined-IN-monthly-200901-201909 copy.png (1280x1440, 544K)

>something to tinker with
That is what your dick is for fucking pajeet.

White, 100% Englishman here. Fuck you queer fellow. If I want to buy the best phone with the highest specs to unlock the bootloader, root and install a custom ROM then I will do that. If you want a comfy iPhone to install Grindr on to fuck random blokes then that's your business. Don't try and stuff the Apple cock down my throat because unlike you I'm not a queer cunt who'll suck it.

Good thing you're not even attempting to address that you were in fact WRONG. I'm not for Jow Forums here or anywhere, but filters are a thing.

Because it is a locked down walled garden of an OS/ecosystem, it's easy to use. It's also this same reason that Apple is seen as "secure" and why so many companies use iPhones for business. The fact that an Android phone with encrypted internal storage, a bootup password, and dual factor authentication with Google is just as secure if not more so is irrelevant because it doesn't have that Apple logo. Many people are waking up though. I work for a string of highschool's in my state as a system administrator. Many schools are moving over to Chromebooks and Chrome devices due to their price and ease of use. School boards are ecstatic when the hear they don't have to invest $150,000 into buying a couple hundred MacBook Airs for the students to use. Asus Chromebook Tablet CT100 is one of the most popular at the moment.

I think max was two years on the Nexus line. Not sure what it's like with the Pixel phones but updates are patchy with manufacturers, added to which you have the carriers chipping in with variant updates, it's a bit of a crap shoot. I've went from Samsung, to Sony and now to One Plus. Samsung phones were virtually locked down outside of the US because of the Exynos SOCs with no published libs and shitty based stock ROMs. Sony were much better with good scene and AOSP support. I owned 5 Xperia flagship phones and the stock updates seemed consistent. I remember they had official beta releases of the next Android OS at the same time as the Nexus phones. Now with project Trebuchet a lot of manufacturers had Android Q betas but at the time Sony were the first to do this. Now I have a OP6T and I'm happy with their scene support. At the end of the day, if you want comfy then go Apple and to a lesser extent Samsung but if you want to fuck around with your phone then go for a decent slant phone with high-end specs and good custom ROM support.

HOW?!

> willing to pay over a $1000 dollars for a phone that costs $200 to make
>more powerful phones on the market that will do the same thing but costs much less

And you call me a moron! Listen, I get it. Apple phones are supposedly comfy and easy to use, so perfect for the demographic I described. But is it that they're better than an Android phone or you just like the Apple badge on the back because you're a shallow twat who cares more about the brand than what the phone can actually do?

Attached: Screenshot_20190915-162804~2.jpg (782x1156, 107K)

>they are teasing me again and I forgot why iphone was good. But it is, right?

what the fuck is this shit from hell
this can only mean their phones are overclocked from factory so it crashes/goes extinct because their settings imply voltages slightly degraded batteries can't hold.

4/4S was aesthetically the most pleasing

But ever since cyclone, Apple doesn't know shit about silicon, gobble it up, shit will fucking burn. Go ahead and hire more intel employees, do you see Intel jumping the gun to put 10B transistors in a phone? Fucking pocketfire

I'm not wrong, YOU FUCKING MORONIC CUNT.

See here: Feels good to beat you.

Attached: smug clarkson.jpg (811x709, 45K)

because you can quickly know that person is a complete inept on technology and money handling when you see it on someone.

>more cameras
>more parts
>justified higher cost
>higher chance of failrue rate
I mean as a product manager, that's win/win as all hell

You're absolutely right about Apple products being supported longer. But there's a problem, I dont trust the new MacBooks, iPhones etc. to last as long as the "old" apple products. But we'll have to see about that

About the lifecycle of an Android device, I just bought a new Xiaomi phone, my previous was a Xiaomi aswell, ran a custom rom. However on this one I won't, fuck the spyware, I want the full hardware support. After 2 years I wont get any updates anymore, custom ROMs will have better compatibility with the phone then, and I can easily install them. I think its reasonable to switch phones every 2-3 years anyway.

I had Android phones before I switched to iPhones. In fact I had the first ever Android phone, the famous T-Mobile G1 / HTC Dream. Great phone.

Not sure if I installed custom ROMs on that phone, I don't think I did, but then on my second Android phone I definitely did. That was the Samsung Galaxy Spica (pic related), which I think was the second ever Samsung Android phone (came out in November 2009, I got it in mid-late 2010 I think).

But my experience was that custom ROMs would always be buggy in some area. It was cool being able to run newer versions of Android that the phone didn't officially support, but things would just be buggy and crash and all that shit. Is it still like that? I guess it depends on the phone and how well-supported it is.

Attached: Samsung_i5700.jpg (2044x1576, 1.86M)

the best iphone is the iPhone XI Pro Max 512 in Midnight Green