Monthly reminder that google is making zircon kernel to replace linux on android, chromebooks, and in the cloud

Monthly reminder that google is making zircon kernel to replace linux on android, chromebooks, and in the cloud

Attached: 1566549260823.jpg (840x630, 56K)

>Monthly reminder
Fuck off

fuck you google shill.

Attached: 1558412990462.jpg (601x436, 65K)

The kernal is fine. They shou focus on not making shit software to go on top of it.

this
It works and many other companies are doing their maintainance work for FREE because they're using the kernel too, why the fuck change that?

>the kernel is fine
obvious nsa shill trying to spread backdoors
fbi samefriend

They should work with Apple to licence IOS instead.

IOS is just copied from freeBSD.

Google is literally paying money to re-implement BSD. I wonder why?

>zircon kernel to replace linux
no
it's just a throwaway research project
lessons learned will be applied to Linux code

The fuck am I looking at?

lol google makes an entire kernel for no reason fat chance. You are a fucking google shill.

Everyone here is paid shills. I will tell the anons the truth about you guys.

irl anime
user, it will be free and open source! We finally have better kernel than Linux and backed up by multi billion corporation!
This is great news!

bullshit google obviously has hidden some bullshit in there.

This is the state of summer in Jow Forums.

Kiddo do you realize how much microcode you can hide in a hundred million lines of code?

Furthermore here's why you're an idiot dipshit:

how in the fuck can a few years old zircon kernel compete with the security and speed of the linux and bsd kernels which have had millions of programmers touch and look at the code for over 30 years.

You fucking disgust me. Lurk harder.

Uhm... I'm sorry, but you're wrong.
>hide code, dude!
It's open source, anyone can read it and check for something funky.
>ad hominem
That's how I know you don't know what you're talking about.
>blah blah blah... 30 years of security holes
Yeah, and now we know these security holes and can write a kernel without them.
Google zircon will have least security holes compared to anything else.

Yikes

>implying Linux is not backed up by Google

If you don't think it's possible to hide microcode in 30 million lines of code you're just an idiot helloworldlet.

oh great, another layer of vendor lock in.
google just wants full control of the hardware since they have been trying to create their own walled garden for years now and failing at it.
>another year, another project that will be abandoned in 5 years by google.

Attached: 1493919341773.jpg (537x472, 48K)

Are you serious? Dude... It's open source... Just audit it for yourself to be sure it's safe! Jesus...
Partially. But it's different with Google making their own kernel. They're profit seeking corporation, which has billions of dollars. So they will use that money to push this kernel everywhere!
Difference from Linux is, that Linux foundation doesn't have that amount of money or power to do anything. They just have to hope that Linux will be used.

its taking an awful lot of "months" for the biggest tech conglomerate on earth to catch up to a bunch of hobbyists, wouldnt you say?

its a licensing issue, they want a bsd or similarly licensed kernel they can own

>some user neckbeard teenager on Jow Forums
"yeah I can audit 30 million lines of code and verify how every line interacts with every other line and guarantee there are no logical hickups that cause a backdoor."

Go fuck yourself kiddo.

The ways 30 million lines of code can plausibly interact is 30 million factorial.

That's this number:

2.099630539509561698440061224173453922653683771175 × 10^211284807

It's one thing if it was the linux kernel that started small and worked it's way up to 30 million with eyeballs watching all the time. It's way different for a google kernel that was JUST MADE.

You ARE an idiot. FUCK YOU.

Google is cancer

Doesn't change the fact that it's open source and can be audited.
On the other hand... You might not understand a line of it, lmao

Google will still be Linux reliant for years to come, daily reminder, Microsoft.

Attached: chromebook android run.jpg (620x385, 53K)

>can be audited
>has been audited

It will be audited, once it's a thing.
Stay mad, lincuck

Kigu

Attached: 1568176974445.jpg (1536x2048, 376K)

Trannies getting vanned.
They don't go for that shit in Calgary.

what do you call that, i wanna fap to that

especially if it's got a dick

Kigurimi Animegao