Unless you have a very old/low end machine...

Unless you have a very old/low end machine, there is no reason not to run KDE Plasma on a modern GNU/Linux system in (1- 2020).
>muh bloat
The footprint it has is actually very small with respect to the amount of functionality and polish it provides. Your makeshift DE would have a comparable footprint were you to replicate everything. On Gentoo it consumes less than 400Mb on cold boot on my machine. More than standalone WMs, sure, but it's justifiable considering it does a lot more.
>des are for n00bs
I've tried them all: tiling autismo, standalone stacking WMs and others too. I know my way inside and out of GNU/Linux and I have nothing to prove, unlike kids who can't even tell the difference between a command line shell and a terminal.
You gain nothing by editing a few text files by hand and cobbling together a bunch of poorly integrated programs, nobody is impressed. You are just wasting time. Emacs alone can already do everything your tiling autismo setup does and more, anyway, all without hijacking your entire desktop.
>muh gnome
Sorry, no. Needlessly different and almost zero features for its footprint. Plasma can easily emulate most GNOME workflows anyway, the opposite is not true.
>muh gtk
Qt is a superior framework, period.
>but kde was originally nonfree
FUD. Only Qt was, and the only thing preventing it from being 100% free software was the prohibition on distribution of modified copies. The source code was still available. Still, it's been a non-issue for almost 20 years, as Qt is now available under the (L)GPL.
In fact, GNOME was started precisely for Qt's licensing issues. This means that GNOME is effectively deprecated since the problem it was created to solve no longer exists.
If you're on an older machine, go ahead and use a standalone STACKING WM, there is nothing wrong with them (tiling ones are a complete meme, though). But on a decent enough machine you're just crippling yourself.
Stop wasting time and embrace features and integration.

Attached: Yackety_Next.png (1600x900, 903K)

KDE more like KDUMBE lol

What's benefit of using Plasma over any WM?

its wayland support is still horrible
ill try it once it improves. Until then Sway is my goto compositor

I'm fine with xfce thank you

Why can't this be ported to windows

Windows is fine without all the DE loonix bullshit.

because windows is proprietary trash that's hard to port shit to. No one knows how windows does graphical environments. How would they port it

Slow, bloated & "k"rashes a lot
If i want to use DE i'll use xfce

Because KDE doesn't look anywhere near like UIs that matter (nor do other modern DEs)

Attached: 1518284467291.png (1024x2304, 359K)

KDE 3 or 4 was ported to windows.

%s/GNOME/foo/g
%s/KDE/GNOME/g
%s/foo/KDE/g
%s/GTK/foo/g
%s/Qt/GTK/g
%s/foo/Qt/g

ftfy

>pixelated, dithered low-DPI UIs

They had their time.

>t. can't form an argument in passable english so he resorts to childish bragging via ed commands
Nobody thinks you're smart. Stop.

xorg+openbox 4 life

FUCK GAYLAND
FUCK DESKTOP ENVIRONMENTS
AND FUCK THE ENVIRONMENT IN GENERAL

I dare you, resolution of the image isn't much higher than resolution of monitors in early 2000s.
Also you can have nice icons, it's just artists who want a quick buck instead of honest work.

Attached: There could be your ad! Call 1-555-FOURCHAN!.png (1280x1024, 555K)

why do you KDE users have to be so fucking autistic? you guys literally act like amigafags. kde is pretty ok but I'll be using gnome

>install kde distro on laptop
>battery life goes from 10 hours to 3
thanks kde

inb4
> just cripple your cpu and set it to run at 800mhz bro and problem solved bro

>Stop wasting time and embrace features and integration.
Same argument could be made against Linux in general.
For my peace of mind, I refuse to use anything I don't completely understand, and for my sanity, I refuse to make any attempt to completely understand a modern DE.

I'm running it, and I'm getting annoyed with it.

I just use xfce. it's the comfiesr DE to run on any unix amd unix-alike machine unironically. KDE is a meme and it's shilled by furqifags that think a lot of options thrown at your face randomly + ugly default = muh customisation power autism

Attached: hecute.png (1024x1024, 163K)

Attached: install_gnome.jpg (700x480, 92K)

Panel auto-hiding doesn't work. And it won't be fixed. So fuck KDE Plasma, it's just not usable as a desktop for those of us who like to have auto-hiding panels which actually hide like they are supposed to.

Xfce is nice.

PWN'D!!!

Attached: 1443305894833.gif (423x316, 154K)