Next gen monitors

When will next gen monitors be mainstream?

We've been stuck with LED monitors for decades and OLED prob isn't going mainstream for desktop use.

Microled seem promising but I'm probably betting on Miniled to own the market

youtube.com/watch?v=VGFKycGquXw

Attached: microled.jpg (1500x844, 159K)

we're at the breaking point of standards.
It's been 1080p 60hz for a long time give it a year or two and 4k 140hz will be the new fhd and the market will mostly consist of OLED and dual LCD

Microled is too far away and might not even work.
Dual LCD seems to be the most promising so far.

4k 140hz is like 10 times higher bandwidth than 1080 60hz, prob will be much longer than two years

>mostly consist of OLED

Will they fix burn ins though?

>1080 60hz, prob will be much longer than two years

Displayport 3 can handle that no probs
>Will they fix burn ins though?
No, you will just fucking live with it just like the people got used to atrocious quality of the first LCDs on the market.

There's also QLED technology, which is a fancy term for VA with a powerful backlight, that might take a hold too.

This will probably be the next price range
>qled = the new TN
>midrange oled = the new IPS
>Double LCD = expensive pro tier super IPS

>LED monitors

OLED is dead after double LCD is out.
No one cares outside a few niche videophiles and they'll pay the extra power cost.
No one is buying OLED now, since everyone knows it dies quickly and most people only replace a TV every 10 years, not every 2.

>OLED is dead after double LCD is out.

Double LCD will be very expensive. expect like double the prices of OLED or more.

For starters you need TWO screens without any dead pixels
Then you need to precisely allign them and all

how can it have a better picture than OLED though? It's just two normal LCD screens. It will be better than a normal one but I doubt you can get rid of all disadvantages of single LCD screens.

It won't, it's cheap to implement, far cheaper than OLED.
The problem with it is that LCD were already bad with light transmittance, have two stacked makes that even worse, to the point on 8:1 transmittance, needed a 1600nits input light to output ~200nits, that's already a lot of power but then everyone expects HDR and 1000nits bright spots, so you need a 8000nits backlight.

The expense is going to the power costs.
The only reason this isn't DOA is due to the fact it's cheap to make.

Today I will remind them.

Attached: 1687429.jpg (350x262, 32K)

I refuse to buy anything that doesn't support 4k @ 120Hz 4/4/4
Nothing on the market supports DP 2.0 so if you want something good wait at least until 2020

AUO has FED, it's not under the same restrictions as SED but they still couldn't commercialize it, neither could Sony (who AUO bought it from)
I don't think SED is coming back either.

RIP you crazy electron gun array.

I heard the crazy greenfucks banned the leaded gless or something

CRTs are and always will be the final boss of monitors. The only instance I can see where an LCD/OLED screen would be appropriate is on phones and laptops.

EPA banned leaded glass but that has nothing to do with SED or FED failing - Lead glass is only good for orange-scale displays anyway.
Nano Proprietary Ltd. of Texas is the reason SED is gone.

What do you think ever happened to the demo units they brought to expos? Surely one of these is sitting in some rich collector's basement.

That's literally next year and look at the crap we have right now.
Slow response 4k on old panel tech with barely any GPU able to drive it at the measly 60Hz.

Try 2022, maybe.

hopefully soon. i need at least 200hz, 1440p oled picture quality, hdr, and 0.1 ms response time. that would be the basic quality i need to upgrade from my current one which is just 1440p 144hz VA.

Once a manufacturer manages to make large area high DPI backplanes for OLED, they will dominate the market. Currently that does not exist for the next 10yr.

next gen monitors are all about pushing refresh rate limits and bandwidth limitations with ports

whether you prefer LCD,OLED,etc is subjective

N E V E R O B S O L E T E
E
V
E
R

O
B
S
O
L
E
T
E

Attached: 1920x1080.webm (1920x1080, 2.05M)

>bandwidth limitations with ports

Attached: 74410075-analog-vga-port-to-connect-the-monitor-to-the-graphics-card-closeup.jpg (1300x866, 109K)

try pushing 4k 120hz on vga

It could do it. VGA has no native bandwidth limitation unlike trash digital connections.

>OLED is dead after double LCD is out.
>literally doubling down on the LCD meme

pottery

Attached: 132154787868.jpg (425x600, 179K)

good luck finding a vga port that has the same bandwidth as display port and doesn't require conversions

>No one is buying OLED now
mentally ill. LG's been growing it every year despite being one of the smallest TV manufacturers before. They've been successful enough that even the big chinese dogs that were making panels for almost everyone else are starting their own OLED TV panel productions, and so is Samsung

>LG's been growing it every year despite being one of the smallest TV manufacturers before
braindead zoomer