Ends your distro hop

>Ends your distro hop

Attached: 309627.jpg (1280x1024, 79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

itsfoss.com/nsas-encryption-algorithm-in-linux-kernel-is-creating-unease-in-the-community/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

This is actually true. Didn't think it's common.

More like ends itself lmao

False, I still hop between arch and void

Actually happened to me.

True, it made me give up on Linux and go back to Windows.

I really like Arch and I still use it. I would prefer to use Void, but holy shit AUR is so comfy.

Gentoo ends the distro hop
Arch is a half measure

Sorta, stopped hopping after manjaro

It did for me. Have been using arch only for the last 5 years

Arch fucking sucks.

>Ends your distro hop
Install Arch
X.org fails after first update
realize that distro hopping is for teenagers with too much time on their hands
return to Debian and get shit done

I agree completely OP

thank you for the eternal peace arch linux

>X.org fails after first update
Hadn't had a single issue with that in over the year I have been using arch...

>ends your linuxhop

Attached: 7n042ckywcu11.png (1072x802, 68K)

yep, dam fucking up to date packages make it impossible to leave.

also what happened with the main dev of void? iv read that he just made "puffff"

Arch is for people who are too lazy to install Gentoo. Their setups reflect this laziness: everything in Arch is "good enough" and breaks after any small change.

I've never had my X break on Arch.
Only happened to me once and it was when I was using Debian years ago.

Yep. Happened to me.

t. never used void. Anything good on the AUR is available as a bin from void repos.

>Ends your distrohop for real

Attached: slackwarecigs.jpg (240x365, 13K)

Children who have never installed Arch but think they can score internet points if they say they did.

>Actually ends your distrohop

Attached: vvRC4lNM.jpg (512x512, 21K)

Gentoo.

Literally the only reason why your arch instance could break after the upgrade is that you didn't read the news page before doing -Syu.

i just checked 3 packages and they are missing android ndk

> has novidya
> checks homepage, no news on it
> updates
> no longer gets to the login manager

>Arch is for people who are too lazy to install Gentoo. Their setups reflect this laziness: everything in Arch is "good enough" and breaks after any small change.
I hate Arch as much as the rest of us, but as someone who used Gentoo for about half a year, I will tell you, even with my very simple setup, I spent countless hours of my life debugging compilations of things that worked just fine before I updated. Portage can be a nightmare sometimes.

Arch is for noobs who can't into Gentoo

I liked it back when it had an installer. Now I can't be bothered to learn the new process.

Attached: 1530993406100.png (380x349, 77K)

>has novidya
Stopped reading.

Attached: 43680-riot-narita-frontal-1.jpg (953x953, 153K)

Arch is bloated

Full-size wallpaper?

that'd be gentoo

>ends your distros

Attached: nixos-logo-only-hires.png (1183x1024, 88K)

gentoo is the final distro you hop to
the one you feel complete with
the one you spend the rest of your life with

nice try NSA
itsfoss.com/nsas-encryption-algorithm-in-linux-kernel-is-creating-unease-in-the-community/
>What’s interesting is that the Speck module has defaulted as off from kernel.org but Arch Linux has it turned on by default.

you wish.

Attached: Guix.jpg (900x820, 90K)

Yep. Mostly because it comes with literally nothing pre-installed so I can just build my system like I want. Fuck the manual installation though it's annoying when you're doing multiple installs in a single day.

>no lvm support
trash

>always calling you back

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 43K)

Gentoo ends the distro hop for sure, but its only because when you even think of switching you think about all the time you put into installing gentoo, you sigh, and then you go back to browsing Jow Forums
t. four gentoo user

She really did.

>Actually ends your distro hopping

Attached: 4l3hso2gp91x.jpg (1267x1188, 265K)

As a heterosexual & mature white man I will go with anything that has a decent KDE integration and package repository like:
- opensuse
- fedora
- neon

Attached: 1568316010930.jpg (900x750, 222K)

AUR Changed my life

just use manjaro
or some other arch installer

>rpmfusion garbage
no thanks

>unpaid IBM intern

*ends your distro hop*

Attached: RE1B7dR.png (600x600, 14K)

kek

I've used Gentoo for 1,5 years now and didn't really have to do anything. But I'm using stable.

I've been using Arch since 2012 and haven't looked back. #MeToo

>home

debian is better

xubuntu is fine for me desu

This

it actually did temporarily end my distro hopping until i found out about void. same shit but easier installation and better package manager

>mfw i ended up distrohopping phase by turning to glorious openSUSE Tumbleweed. Rolling release, yet tested. Not tested by holding back packages for a week like Manjaro, but actual testing by a company. Truly the BestOfBothWorlds™

Attached: geeko.jpg (397x500, 69K)

Arch. Because AUR+archwiki exist. Both helped me save a lot of trouble.

I tried manjaro too, but I had more trouble with it than plain Arch.

Attached: suika.webm (592x540, 2.88M)

Use Arch currently. Thinking of going to Fedora or CentOS. Any recommendations for those two?

this

What are the actual benefits of Arch over Manjaro? I really want to try Arch but I only ever hear about how unstable it is and since Manjaro also supports AUR, what's the catch?

A lot of stuff I install by AUR isnt in the void repository. Like the Blackmagic stuff.

I have nothing against Arch.
If you want to spend time tinkering around with your OS or something then that's all great, man.
For me, I'm on Mint.

This.

Attached: 1544673791187.webm (720x1280, 2.98M)

ahem

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 7K)

Gentoo is great but most people use it for "maximum performance." Clear Linux is optimized, so much easier to maintain, tested before every update, and is rolling release.

Intel sucks but the distro is really comfy. I don't think Gentoo can steal my heart back...