5 years after release and Windows 10 is STILL a hot mess. Will it ever mature into a stable, usable OS?

5 years after release and Windows 10 is STILL a hot mess. Will it ever mature into a stable, usable OS?

Attached: Untitled.png (610x712, 187K)

werks on my machine

Attached: 1541940184220.png (320x320, 37K)

It's literally always been this way.

I updated my Windows10 on a dual boot machine with Ubuntu, while running Ubuntu now my computer will randomly reboot now.

If only there's a stable version that only receive security updates

LTSC

>stable, usable
These words have never been used to describe Windows.

Works for me.
In fact, it always does.
I know Jow Forums is a Windows-hating echo chamber, but literally none of the Windows problems they crow about (while simultaneously claiming they never use Windows) have ever happened to me.
Just lucky, I suppose.

Attached: 1543784443199.jpg (460x423, 17K)

>he updates his windows

Attached: why.gif (500x382, 125K)

>works for Mii

Attached: 1522092066813.gif (250x250, 993K)

I have 8.1, is it still possible to upgrade to 10 for free (legally) or did I miss that window?

>>/LGBT/

What I hate about 10 is that 7 had everything figured out: user experience, non-intrusive behavior, nice graphical style, low resource usage (for computers at the time, 1gb ram usage wasnt bad, you had 2gb or 4gb pcs unless you were extremely poor). I installed 7 on my laptop which was designed for w8, and in one hour it was ready to work, minus the device drivers which were a pain because, again, this laptop was for w8.
Now installing windows 10 is a fucking chore, takes a million years, and once you start it up you gotta disable a ton of shit and tell windows that you DON'T want your shit sold to every intelligence agency in the world.
It's like nobody at ms remembers what made windows 7 good. It's like they missed all the good points in user experience and made what they think is good.
I mean, if w7 also had a botnet, at least it was nice to use, damn it.

ive had no problems.
and the new dark theme is awesome.
and the color changing start menu is awesome too/

That's why Linux is so popular.

Of course 7 was a botnet, but you're right. It was incredibly nice to use. You didn't have full control over the system but you could at least control certain aspects e.g. no forced updates. Plus, hardware didn't have us grabbed at the balls at the time. If the user didn't like 7 then they could still install XP on their system. Now, if we don't like 10, we can either install 7 with unreasonable hassle, or we're completely unable to install it (see: Ryzen APUs).

Yeah, I still have that bug when some icons disappear in the start menu while tablet mode is active

Download the Windows 10 ISO from Microsoft then install it with your Windows 8 key.
They don't even give a shit about pirate anymore, you can literally use Windows 10 without activate it at all.

Attached: 55533148_2664249000258058_4380771349480603648_n.jpg (960x876, 58K)

On the very outside chance that this fails though, there's HWIDGen.

I've had Windows 10 harass me about an update for two weeks straight now, it always failed to install. It was also prompting me to redo the install every morning and night, with no way to opt out of the automatic updates. Fuck that kike shitmalware.

Die windows 7! Die!

Attached: StatCounter-windows_version-ww-monthly-201808-201908.png (1280x720, 70K)

What did support say when you called them up?

how does windows not work? do folks not patch or some shit. i imagine how retarded you have to be to not get windows working,

I disabled automatic updates on 10 just like I used to do in 7, by just disabling the processes (windows update and some other shit). This should mean updates are gone forever unless you restart the process manually, completely under your control.
One day windows tells me it gotta install the "big fall 2018 whatever whatever" update. Scary shit. Nigga just re-enabled the process. I understand backdoors are nasty shit that exist probably since forever, but it was so obvious and uncaring it really made me mad.

Some people do more than shitpost and play with video games, kid.

if winxp can hold that tiny 1% for 18 years, win7 will hold 10% for 30.

i guess windows broke something, maybe your spirit

That's why people need an OS with professional software.

Well my gayming machine won't even install feature updates anymore so I'm stuck with 1803.

At least I can't have problems with new updates.

At least you get some epic gaming sessions in. *brofist*

Works on my machine

Until you need to do something useful like video editing or gaming

> start menu search shows nothing unless i enable bing bullshit, meanwhile cortana takes 30% of cpu usage
> cannot disable night light mode

Both happened within the last week.

That's what macOS is for.

linux is better for gaming than macos these days

gaming on macOS

Attached: 1511224794214.jpg (134x200, 5K)

Gaming is for children.

>gaming
18+

wtf uneed n00b00nt00 if u got wsl nigger

yep thats why im planning to buy mac

>until
kek

>thank for call Mr Sir

this. its fake news bullshit

Attached: 1557265461213.png (1099x1074, 75K)

where can i pirate a working windows 7? last time i tried to download one it had some problems

>within the billions of users there's not a handful that have more problems since windows updated.
I'm sure plenty users ran into financial issues, got sick, lost their job, got a divorce, broken car, etc.
Shit happens.

Win7 is supported for a few more months, then Win8.1 is supported for like 5 more years. There is literally no good reason to use Win10 unless you are forced into it. Spare me the WSL bullshit, because that's just a tweaked VM, and we've had Cygwin for years. Further, for those of us who dual boot Win+Lin, WSL is basically meaningless. Win7 is still vastly superior to 10 by every metric, and Win8.1 is as well, once you add Open Shell or Power8.

If the broken HiDPI scaling on Win10 was fixed, if the memory leaks and CPU spikes were fixed, if they allowed people with Pro licenses to completely disable all metro apps, nu-telemetry, and compulsory upgrades, then maybe Win10 would be worth it, but as it stands, it's just not. It's a shit OS made for shit people by shit people.

Lol. My Windows10 got into an infinite update loop, and I haven't gone back since.

Ubuntu is decent enough and rarely fails me.

Self reported errors are fake news. PEBKAC. Only collected logs matter

b-but log reports are botnet so I disabled telemetry

Werks on my LTSC machine

Comes with it's own issues but at least on the LTSC I don't have to worry about this shit.

Explain this to me.
>Try to save image from my favourite consumerist consumption forum
>Immediately fails
>Pressing the retry button in the download list makes it work just fine
Is it a 4chanX problem? What's going on here?

once they switch to linux kernel

>Something useful
>Gaming
choose one

And KDE as DE.
GNU/GPL allows selling software.

>Windows 10
>shitting the bed again
Daily reminder that Microsoft fired all their testers in 2014.