Have/had these types of Friends?

>yo user, you actually pay for your music? youtube + adblock baby, all you need. why limit yourself to the original when you have to access to the original AND its covers and remixes? scrub
>me: okay dickanus, but if you want to keep listening to the bands and singers you want, wouldn't you want to support their work?
>lol, maybe they should've gotten a real job and played music as a hobby. if they were passionate about it, then they wouldn't care for money.
I get headaches everytime when this shit comes up. This is why music as a commodity means fuck all now; the majority have little thought for what goes into music production and don't seem to care to know. They don't mind spending $12 for a 5 min coffee drink but leer at having to spend $12 for an album that can potentially last for decades.

Even if I continue to do my part, it won't mean shit in the bigger picture.

Attached: 1568414087614.jpg (539x405, 35K)

I am that type of friend

based

You're and idiot and a Jew. Most musicians make their money via concerts and merchandising. Most of the record/CD/mp3 sales don't go to them.

YouTube or Spotify with adblock, why would I even want to pay for music nowadays?

I am that friend but also I buy from bandcamp for artists who actually deserve it.

Give whoever wants to buy and who wants to download
What do they care about losing a few dollars

I couldn't care less if professional artists got paid. I wish they'ed all fuck off to be honest. Some guy doing it as a hobby is just as good as a knob head that does it for the fame and money. Let the music industry die, fuck it all.

go ahead and shell out 12 bucks for an album where 9 bucks go to the distributor, 2 bucks go to the publisher, and 50 cent to the tax man

if that makes you feel better

>hurr durr I see the bigger picture, yall a bunch of myopes

no you fucking dont.

literally me except i wouldn't pay for overpriced coffee either

Read the post properly you fucking twank. I said that it doesn't mean shit in the bigger picture.

And more % goes to artist if you use relevant outlets like bandcamp lol.

I am that sort of person.
I am far too depressed and fucked up to care about pirating music.
You should consider whether your friend is also in a difficult situation and whether you can help.

I wanted to support avant-garde experimental artist Laurie Anderson, because she's based, so I decided to buy a physical copy of her album. But because of all the friends in OP's post, you can buy second-hand CDs for basically no money now. So that's what I did instead. Sorry, Laurie.

my audio set up is 10K, but I buy used CDs for a dollar; its pretty cheap

>steal music
>buy merch
The real answer. Try before you buy, baby.

>he thins his money goes to the musician when he buys music

Attached: brainlet.png (645x729, 77K)

Attached: musicc.jpg (596x596, 70K)

>>lol, maybe they should've gotten a real job and played music as a hobby. if they were passionate about it, then they wouldn't care for money.
This is similar to the groupthink approved opinion on Jow Forums right now though.

>heh, if poor people want money then they should have gotten a $150k/yr STEM job like me

I'm a free-rider but I dot bother defending it like your friend.
>They don't mind spending $12 for a 5 min coffee drink
I would mind paying $12 for a coffee. I would also.take mpre than 5 minutes to drink it.

>youtube + adblock baby
nothing wrong with that as google make a fortune from advertising but pass on very little to artists
>but leer at having to spend $12 for an album that can potentially last for decades.
but people won't. they'll use spotify and listen to it for free, which is worse than youtube. if you're going to blame people for the complete exploitation of musicians, then send your complaints to youtube, spotify (and other streaming services) and the record labels that have joined the race to the bottom. people on record label contracts are doing much better than independents. now, record labels see the problem with this. they can see how it's obvious some artists are doing better than those without a label contract on these streaming services and youtube. now here's where it gets dark and sort of interesting: labels have been approaching independent artists on whatever platform for many years, they then get those artists to sign confidential development contracts, and that entails: you keep making music, we'll do all of the social media attention whoring. as soon as the label can see this person is going become profitable, the label will publicly announce how artist is now signed on to their label.. but what the public doesn't know is that the so-called independents have been secretly funded by labels for years.

morality is a spook
>Even if I continue to do my part, it won't mean shit in the bigger picture.
now you're getting it

Attached: 1474919294469.png (600x800, 473K)

>paying for anything digital ever

Attached: 1556812774439.jpg (225x225, 6K)

this shit's rigged deep

I am that friend
>maybe they should've gotten a real job and played music as a hobby
and I do this

don't care, get a real job jew

thom, get out and get drunk somewhere else

how about you stop being so anti-semitic?

lol really? proof?

we should outsource music production to pajeetistan

Horseshit on the concerts. Unless they are metallica or some pop thot artitsts will get even a smaller cut due to the increased number of agents involved.

based and dumb

The big artists can generally get fucked. I tend to pay artists like Savant and Infected Mushroom.

OP, paying for music is retarded. Do not fall for RIAA propaganda. They are indoctrinating your ass to make you think paying for music is normal. It's not. Music gets broadcasted for free over the radio, where you can record it for your own use. Well, music these days is absolute shit not worth listening to, but you get the idea.

People who pirate music and people who buy it are two different groups. If I can't get it for free, I'd rather not have it at all. There is no lost profit, that is some imaginary shit the RIAA spouts.

>buying music through record companies
>not contacting the artist on social media and asking if they have a paypal or bank account you can directly deposit money to

In history there were lots of musicians and painters who are rightfully considered masters that never got rich from it yet they never stopped producing the most beautiful masterpieces. Now when there is so much money in it we are flooded with pure crap that is only made to be commercial.

This. Traditionally, musicians would play for the public and only get paid if they played well or if they were pitied. They did it for the love of music. If you were good, you'd be able to get jobs playing at establishments or orchestras. If you became popular, you'd be approached for radio and record deals. Nowadays, exposure is too easy, people think every musician is entitled to live off their music, and most new music fucking sucks. Artists can get paid for paid for dipping their penis in paint and flinging it at a canvas or arranging a pile of trash in a clever way. What a fucking joke. Modern art needs to die.

I support good music, but not the cancerous music industry. Local bands and bar concerts are way more fun than giving any amount of money to the kind of producers and record labels that ruin perfectly good sound with their retarded MAKE IT LOUDER mixing.
Stay mad that not everyone is a faggot like you, faggot.

Attached: 1566330439327.jpg (1280x720, 76K)

You don’t even need to buy from bandcamp. Just play the song and capture the file through Firefox developer tools, specifically the network tab. Most browsers can do this, not just Firefox.

The artist/their record company were most likely aware of the existence of ad blockers yet they still decided to upload their songs to YouTube. I don't see how listening to music on YouTube, with or without ad-blockers, would be unethical.
Your friend is still a mouth breathing retard tho because YouTube is utter shit when it comes to creating playlists. Songs get removed left and right and you'll be left with a hundred instances of "video removed by uploader" in your playlist, without any indication as to what the song was. Not to mention the garbage audio quality on older videos.

COPE. It's the free market.

Bands become famous from free music on youtube and soundcloud
They make all their money from live shows

Stupid faggot.

>This is why music as a commodity means fuck all now
this is a good thing though
commodities + internet = shit
even if everyone quits and gives up, there's enough content out there to last a human lifetime.

Spotify could be 10/10, but I noticed some Japanese artists like Sayuri are not avaiable in my country. I mean, why? I pay 5 Euros/Month for their service.
Fuck region locks...

Attached: __katsushika_hokusai_fate_grand_order_and_etc_drawn_by_ram_ramlabo__d023c2638874a359add747116466352c (1204x1700, 1.28M)

You have to pay the VAT.

join redacted

No, but I have a friend who is like you, except he says it about youtuber fags instead, and I, of course, don't give a shit.

/thread

Music should be sold for pennies, it's absurd that music faggots get BILLIONS for three minutes of work done decades ago.

Attached: best dance compilation.jpg (800x838, 123K)

based, used CDs are the chad way to buy music right now.