What do you think about the Fairphone 3?

What do you think about the Fairphone 3? shop.fairphone.com/en/

Repairable, libre, ethically produced, future proof etc

Attached: 01-front-perspective.jpg (1280x1280, 204K)

I do not think about Fairphone 3 at all.

/thread

shame for only one camera.

It’s great, but Jow Forums-tards can never see the bigger picture. They only think about “muh 100$ chinkshit” and “muh 100$ thinkpad”

>500 usd
>SD632/4GB/64GB
>no aptX
>3000mAh
>300/150 up/down

DOA I'm afraid lad.

If I knew about fairphone years ago I'd get one. I'll use my Galaxy S5 until it breaks and I'll buy Pine64 Phone because I don't want to fund (((Germans))) and it seems like Pine will be just as serviceable plus it will actually have a proper BIOS so you can boot OSs over mSD and install something that isn't Android.

>Not ip68
>Speaker can be killed by a single raindrop
>Low/mid tier specs
>Low tier build quality
>Cheap materials
>Only 3Ah battery
The philosophy behind it is ok but the price is not competitive in any way
>The company behind it is not that "fair", it's just a marketing trick

Why not, though?

>semi transparent case
Yes.

Attached: hardness.webm (640x480, 122K)

Same, my Galaxy S5 is still going strong. Really hope it doesn't break as I hate all of the meme phones out now with their notches, curved screens, far too large screens, and irreplaceable batteries.

>because I don't want to fund (((Germans)))
They aren't Germans, they are dutch, and even if they were germans what the hell does that have to do with jews?

>plus it will actually have a proper BIOS so you can boot OSs over mSD and install something that isn't Android.
You can install whatever BIOS you want on the fairphone, that's part of the point. Everything about it is modifiable and open.

>Low tier build quality
How do you know this? It hasn't been released yet and no pre-release reviews like the ifixit teardown suggests the build quality is bad.

>libre
how much?

You can do whatever you want with it, install whatever you want etc, there are no artificial restrictions/DRM on software or firmware or hardware.

not much, it doesn't even come with the option of LineageOS

It's too expensive. If it was modular and libre without the fair trade bullshit, it would probably be viable.

Yes it does, you are free to install it yourself. They just won't spoon-feed you with it.

$500 for a SD6xx?

FUCK

THAT

>632 snapdragon

no reason to use this bitch, get a v20 repairable, cheap parts, removable batter.

Doesn't work in the US.

>no us bands
>that price for a not good cpu
>3k mah

Close