/pcbg/ - PC Building General

ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming build skeletons and monitor suggestions; click on titles above parts lists to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to non-technically assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming CPU with great value
>R5 3600 - Great gaming CPU
>R7 2700 - Budget video editing
>R9 3900X - Professional tasks

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>AAA or multiplatform games: Radeon card appropriate for your montior
>PC centric games or ray tracing: Nvidia card appropriate for your display
>Used RX 570s can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p 16:9
>RX 570 8GB - budget performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's high refresh with adaptive sync
>A 250GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: serveimage.png (1389x500, 2.55M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.uk/Noctua-NA-SAV2-chromax-black-Silicone-Anti-Vibration/dp/B018T3826S/
youtu.be/Lfrdy3wG_g0
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30297641/
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/ikea_kitchens/24264/
ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60353763/
tweaktown.com/news/67586/amd-smashes-cinebench-world-record-dual-epyc-7742-processors/index.html
pcpartpicker.com/list/KqDYP3
youtube.com/watch?v=0c-IGnSYi7M
youtube.com/watch?v=iz8ThsFOP3w
youtube.com/watch?v=7IK0Yer4XTc
youtube.com/watch?v=yBYBMQrK7XE
youtube.com/watch?v=doEvLbWG2QY
youtube.com/watch?v=dXqp4ci2ocM
youtube.com/watch?v=kRRoBgYdme0
youtube.com/watch?v=NtIFeeOYBmw
pcpartpicker.com/list/sKmd8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=yFYPUaUy0eI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>ATTENTION: Graphics card prices are excessive by historical standards; therefore, consumers should delay or completely forgo any midrange to high end graphics card purchases. The gouging has two root causes: lack of market competition and shortage/"new normal" pricing during the mining hayday.
based

what case should i get Define R6 or BQ silent base 801?

5700 xt lads, how are driver issues? I'm about to upgrade from a 1070 and considering a 2070 super or a 5700 XT.

I don't really trust a lot of complaints around web forums because 90% of the users are too retarded to properly uninstall drivers (rarely ever got any of the problems people would complain about en masse with nvidia drivers) so I'd figured I would ask here

Attached: 1566142973318.gif (370x300, 126K)

works great for me

>Upgrade from 1070
Literally why? That card is more than fine.

The drivers were really fucking bad for more than a month after the release (BSODs, GPU utilixation to 100%, visual glitches and some other shit) but they finally managed to fix all of my problems so it's pretty safe to buy it now.

for a Meshify C, what gives better thermals, 2x 140mm front fans or 3x120mm ones?

Meshify S2

it works out of the box with linux too ?

I wouldn't really recommend it.
It's thin.
To the point that it bend when you tighten the front fans.

Dunno about linux.

Its math dude. Look at the CFM of the 140mm fans and multiply that by 2, the look at the CFM of the 120mm fans and multiply that by 3. Compare the totals. The ones that move more air will cool better. The 140mm will be quieter.

My ryzen 3600 gets to 84 Celsius when running a stress test in CPU z.
Is this normal? I'm using the stock cooler.

Don't those 9 fans fall into diminishing returns issues? There was this video showing that adding a second top fan hardly changed the temperature at all. If memory serves me right 2 or 3 front fans +1 back fan 1 top fan was the point where the temperature would drop by like 1 degree or even less with more fans.

no
There is something wrong with the cooling.
Maybe check the paste

I used rubber rivets to mount my fans so I did not encounter this problem, buy it was thinner metal than the price point would lead you to expect. I can see how is would bow a bit if you tried to tighten them really tight. Thats true of most anything though, if you over torque a screw it can cause damage on any case.

time to wait for the msi 5700xt gaming x....thanks lads!
me retarded anime poster
me want upgrade

Attached: 1563992019966.png (259x224, 19K)

Bought 5700xt. Driver were literally garbage, the hotfix were okay but i notice more frame dips and lower fps so i rma the 5700xt and i will get my 2070s next tuesday.

Attached: GpZ340opSOI.png (960x714, 656K)

Get a reference and a morpheus for best performance.

The rubber thingies didn't secure it properly and the fans were sliding.
Not to mention that it's a pain in the ass to pull them through.

Most likely.
I just really wanted all the fans.
I do plan to run them at half speed for a lot of air with relatively quiet system.

I've already put high grade new paste on it. I'm pretty sure it's not the paste.
Could it not be a software problem? Or is the stock cooler that shit?

Only barely worth it if you're at 1440p. 1080p not worth

Normal on stock cooler

Rubber rivets have always held toght for me and I move my rig around a lot (LAN parties). Pulling them through is tough though, but it is supposed to be. My good experience may be because I used a good brand, not Chinese knock off ones. Try these:

amazon.co.uk/Noctua-NA-SAV2-chromax-black-Silicone-Anti-Vibration/dp/B018T3826S/

Attached: Screenshot (6).png (1920x1080, 780K)

>Normal on stock cooler
Good to know, I though something could be wrong with it.
Should I buy another cooler though or I'm fine with this one?
I'm afraid to bend the pins again while removing the retarded amd cooler that shit just jumped together with the CPU out of the socket.

Interesting.
The ones that come with the fans are different.
In any case, my fan holes are ruined by the screws anyway.

Attached: IMG_20190915_204701_1.jpg (1518x2024, 456K)

Also, for pulling them through, try soaking them in hot water for 15m first. Loosens them up and the rubber rehardens when it cools.

How would you pull those through? There is nothing to grip on the fan side?

I present you thee

But go ahead and strap down that $400 VGA with a $100 display, k thx bai

Attached: forza3-1.jpg (711x530, 49K)

The flat part goes outside the case.

when the FUCK is RTX 3060 coming out?

next spring/summer, avoid rtx 2000 it's garbage

I think the position of the fans matter, it's not a simple addition of how much air they move. If the 140 fans are right in the direction of the CPU and GPU, I suppose it would get better temps. Something like this

Attached: 1567461002452.jpg (4032x3024, 3.56M)

Yeah, but the thinner the rubber the less it holds. The ones I used have grips on both ends and I think that is where a lot of their tension comes from. I can see how those ones had problems tho.

>avoid rtx 2000 it's garbage

that's exactly why I'm waiting for RTX 3060

Well, too late for me.
Woll have to stick with regular screws now.

OK wtf I tried another stress test and the fucking CPU got to 90 degrees and he wanted to go up. But as soon as I stopped the test it instantly went back to 57. The fuck is going on?

stock usually is the bare minimum for the cpu to work normal. That`s why you have custom cooling but still 83 c is much to me

Might not be exactly related to PC building but I need a desk for my setup that can take the weight of a CRT. What do you recommend?

the positioning of a 120 vs a 140 in a front mount is barely going to be any different.
The other fan characteristics is going to make far more difference than the size.
And that difference is barely 1-2

You are drastically overthinking this
Coincidentally I think I understand how the existence of people like this keep them manufacturers profitable

Attached: 8j8d.jpg (270x385, 23K)

Was there thermal throttling involved? If you want to know more about stock cooler capabilities:
youtu.be/Lfrdy3wG_g0

At these temps yeah probably.

What's this I'm hearing about converting a 5700 to an XT?
Is 3600 CL14 RAM worth spending basically triple?

Ok Jow Forumsoys just found a vega 56 for 130 bucks the nigga selling it says that he can t instal the drivers but it works, should I take the bullet?

what's your budget?
get an kitchen countertop like this

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/30297641/

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/departments/ikea_kitchens/24264/

put it on top of 2 drawer cabinets on either side

ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60353763/

you can change the top and cabinets to whatever you like. this is roughly what I do and it's a great desk. I have a pretty thick solid wood piece on top of 2 filing cabinets.

Attached: IMG_20190915_152206.jpg (4032x3024, 1.4M)

Am I understanding correctly that as long as it's not an AX1200/AX Gold I can use the SATA PSU cable from any Corsair PSU in a different Corsair model?

Attached: ddd.png (1005x1237, 81K)

Does he accept returns.

comfy

no but i can see the item before accepting the trade, most likely can ask for some pics and what are his problems

>AMD Ryzen 7 3700X Wraith Prism LED RGB (3.6 GHz / 4.4 GHz)
>Gigabyte X570 AORUS ELITE
>G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32 Go (2x 16 Go) DDR4 3200 MHz CL16
>Crucial MX500 500 Go
>Crucial MX500 2 To
>Seasonic FOCUS GX 650 Gold
>Corsair Crystal 680X RGB - Black
>Cooler Master Hyper 212
>Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 5700 XT 8G
>Gigabyte GC-WBAX200
For gaming (AAA games and emulation for PS2, PS3, Wii and other things) 1440p/144hz on Linux and work. Already got an aorus ad27qd. Want it to last 5+ years and probably wont OC. something better ? Went for double SSD since I dont wanna play games from my future NAS. Adata not available where I am so I took Crucial. Not 100% sure on case. Thanks for the help.

Attached: 1543809837855.jpg (604x604, 57K)

tweaktown.com/news/67586/amd-smashes-cinebench-world-record-dual-epyc-7742-processors/index.html

>Is 3600 CL14 RAM worth spending basically triple?
No

Attached: flashed 5700 stats.png (1327x1050, 207K)

How the fuck do I read this?

I'm a fucking brainlet with money. Which fucking mobo should I get for my 3700x if I don't want to cheap out and miss on performance but at the same time not overpay for nothing.

Attached: motherboards.png (1142x4398, 610K)

Watch a review that compares the X570 mobos

2070s is based just buy it

Why should I jump to x570 immediately?

I don't fucking understand.

Attached: ACST4284.gif (618x894, 21K)

390 w
my good, i don t think i will need anything else to keep me warm in the winter

>3700x
is easy, is the b450 tomahawk max available in the store? if yes buy that one, if not then get the cheapest x570 asus motherboard, anything above that is a waste of money to the average consumer and you won't get more performance

heard some people buy used xeons and chink boards call it great value in 2019 is this tru or intels fanatic fanbase would go that far

Attached: 643.jpg (960x1200, 102K)

what about VRMs and running a 3900x for CPU intensive tasks?

b450 tomahawk should be fine but i would put a 3900x or 3950x into a x570 board and most of them are more then enough

more like amd was just that far behind intel, a fuckin x5660 that is close to a decade old oc-ed is close to an oc-ed 1600, if you get a deal on an x58 mobo with the cpu being 10 bucks is literary some of the best price/perfromance you can get

is this what u actually believe?
single core for it is at least 65% worse than r1 1600, multi is not impressive either, lets not even speak about all modern features you're not going to have and how long your ''best'' ptpf wil live? it's literally laughable that anyone considers this

well for someone like you, then you definitely need to get one of these if you dont want it to explode:

ASRock X570 Aqua
ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Formula
Gigabyte X570 AORUS Xtreme
MSI MEG X570 Godlike

>budget is roughly what's in link below (willing to do a bit more, USD)
pcpartpicker.com/list/KqDYP3
>mostly gaming at 1440p
>don't know what monitor yet

Would like suggestions for a better ram stick-set, cpu fan, and monitor. Had a friend say 3000mhz for the ram is enough for the 3700x, and any more won't make a difference.

youtube.com/watch?v=0c-IGnSYi7M
youtube.com/watch?v=iz8ThsFOP3w

don't listen to the poorfags
be a good goy and buy the newest cpus every year

Won't I be missing out on performance by going with a b450? Like I said money is not a problem but like everything there's no point throwing it away for nothing.

I would say no. What if has those issues because he spilled beer on it and he is just not saying?

cost of a cooler that can handle 4.5ghz? board that can handle that and for how long? reality of it and not even having usb3?
Ryzen 2600 is 100eur, cooler included, warranty included, new features included, not a dead architecture etc.

If you knew anything about actual value you would not sperg out

is intel or amd more tranny bros?

4.4 Ghz baby try it
oh sorry you got it only on this generation, you fuckin retarded fanboy

youtube.com/watch?v=7IK0Yer4XTc

youtube.com/watch?v=yBYBMQrK7XE

youtube.com/watch?v=doEvLbWG2QY

learning about tech from youtube videos, pls dont reply to me lmao

intel for now as they are more in to the diversity thing, amd catters to weebs in japan with the anime girls mascot thing so both

Intel is Jewish therefore the progenitors of tranny shit

You said you had some extra cash so an X570 is probably the way to go, just for ease. Plus you get PCIe 4.0 and the latest mobo gen, with better support for any future CPUs that might be on AM4

Keep in mind that that's total system power consumption, but the card itself is consuming ~280W with an OC

>be a good goy and buy the newest cpus every year
IMO if you're buying a fresh system, it's not really worth buying used for gaming

youtube.com/watch?v=dXqp4ci2ocM

youtube.com/watch?v=kRRoBgYdme0

youtube.com/watch?v=NtIFeeOYBmw

pcpartpicker.com/list/sKmd8Y

Here you go retard.
Later on you can buy better GPU with money you've saved next gen samsung or ayymd does not matter

Attached: 68960208_418114308822300_3083417565474826535_n.jpg (1080x1350, 234K)

lol

The P1 is fairly crap; Sabrent Rocket is a lot better

Aren't the thermal pads fucked on msi cards?

Is there a comprehensive list somewhere for case fans? How do Arctic fans do?

>tfw asked this question after I already purchased my cpu and now i'm a tranny
BROS.
HOW DO I 40% EFFICIENTLY

Attached: 1525199846172.jpg (481x548, 59K)

It's same

No it's not; the P1 is QLC and the Rocket is TLC

Yeah its same, no real world difference

can t swalow facts lil amd drone? alright lmao, i was just providing evidence ya wannabe smart ass, my mobo p6t deluxe x5675 12 gb ddr3 corsair and an rx 580 gpu costed me 200 bucks combined 1.5-2 years ago

based chad deals

Is it better to get a 15cl 3000mhz or a 16cl 3200mhz for a 3700x?

>that first video
fucking millennial politics garbage

why is mini smaller than micro?

>16cl 3200mhz
cause its easier to tighten timings than to push higher mhz when its significant
just get gskill

What's bigger, a micro mountain or a mini water bear?

>how are driver issues?
which ones, the only ones I can comment is issues with old games.

when has any computer hardware naming ever made sense, just be glad they didn't call it A33352-U349

unless you want a pcie gen 4 ssd then you shouldn't, just be sure to update the bios when it comes out for your motherboard

would a 2600 be a worthy update from a i5 3570k? I'm having issues running MHW and it seems the cpu is my problema. My GPU is 1050 ti but I run at 1080p.

REEEEEE
My new PC build wouldn’t start so I went to some old boomer’s house and he fucked up a SATA port! That retard had a decade old monitor too

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 1.65M)

why is the meshify shilled so hard in this general? I mean it's got ok temps for CPUs but the temps for GPUs are worse and CPU temps can be higher but higher GPU temps lead to throttling?

Attached: fractal-s2-meshify-firestrike.png (789x903, 112K)

youtube.com/watch?v=yFYPUaUy0eI
LOL?!