Best frame-interpolation-software for anime

what is the best software to watch anime in 60 fps besides SVP. please dont bully me

Attached: 2B.png (225x225, 57K)

macrohard excel

There is none.
And on top of that fucking nobody has cracked SVP's drm

convolution-based interpolation > motion-based interpolation

bump

sony top models internal motionflow.
something like this you will never achieve with any pc software no matter how good it is.

Thats one lewd 2b

Madshi's next gen algo!

butterflow is as good as it gets

Its free on Linux, why crack it?

>lincucks
If I wanted to do nothing but troubleshoot my computer it would be my choice

because nobody's written the software, not because it's impossible
GPUs are more than fast enough at, you know, processing graphics
interesting, anyone got a butterflow vs. svp comparison?

adobe premiere optical flow interpolation is amazing

Webm related took me about 5 minutes on a 2GHz A6 quad-core laptop APU with a 100 GFLOP iGPU which means it uses opencl at least.

The tricky part is getting the --poly-s=?.? flag just right where anything above 1.0 will warp frames more and anything under 1.0 will just blend them. Probably more settings need to be changed to get things just right.

Anyway webm related using stock params with a target frame rate of 60.

Attached: output.webm (480x268, 2.65M)

and nobody will ever write better software for this purpose than sony.
also tv internal processing is not limited by hdmi bandwidth

More blending --poly-s=0.7

Attached: moreblending.webm (480x268, 2.66M)

More warping --poly-s=1.3

Attached: morewarping.webm (480x268, 2.66M)

For fuck sake it's still not cracked?

Also original for reference. Transcoded from 720p rip and a lossless variant was used for butterflow.

Attached: original.webm (480x268, 2.66M)

Be honest. Do you think that any of those is an improvement over the original?

git gud

Seethe

the problem with this shit is you have to do it manually, so, hard pass. if you add frame interpolation you will get the worst panning your eyes have ever seen

come on, there needs to be a solution to this problem.
i tried dmitrirender but it doesnt work on my computer

Attached: asshole.png (1300x247, 49K)

None of them. You will always get noticeable artifacts in areas of fast motion, since you're trying to create data that isn't there.
For anime, 60fps interpolation is a massive meme, and provides no real benefit.
For live action stuff where there are camera pans and the like, interpolation is nice to smooth those pans out.
Anime is mostly single camera, interpolation has little benefit, and major drawbacks.

H.264

now fuck off

That's no problem. I just want it for free

Somewhat though SVP would clearly do a better job. The next best thing after this would be minterpolate filter from ffmpeg but that's not HW accelerated yet.

If any of you nerds could make sense of these moonrunes, butterfly can get pretty close to SVP.

--fast-pyr Set to use fast pyramids --pyr-scale PYR_SCALE Specify pyramid scale factor, (default: 0.5) --levels LEVELS Specify number of pyramid layers, (default: 3) --winsize WINSIZE Specify averaging window size, (default: 25) --iters ITERS Specify number of iterations at each pyramid level, (default: 3) --poly-n {5,7} Specify size of pixel neighborhood, (default: 5) --poly-s POLY_S Specify standard deviation to smooth derivatives, (default: 1.1) -ff {box,gaussian}, --flow-filter {box,gaussian} Specify which filter to use for optical flow estimation, (default: box)

Fuck, I mean butterglow