Dangerous battery moments

Did shit like this ever happen to you?

Attached: oof.jpg (1280x720, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9yyLtuLBaIA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

itoddler BTFO

Attached: 1547572303_1547054840785.gif (540x304, 1.52M)

i think it did on dumb phone

Solid state batteries FUCKING WHEN

What am I looking at

a bulge

No, I never had an iPhone

Attached: ba.jpg (332x152, 8K)

looks like the battery (or something) swelled up and made the front of the phone pop out

Yes but not with a phone, it happened to me with a cheap powerbank I bought at a discount store 3 years earlier and didn't use for over a year. Put it in charging and left it for a full day because it was not charged when it was time to leave for work. I expected it would stop charging as soon as fully charged. It didn't. Shit was hot and the case was broked open. The battery was twice as big as it should have been. Damn it could have burn my house. Never again I will trust a li-ion battery, never again.
Wait, you're still reading this?

Found the video
youtube.com/watch?v=9yyLtuLBaIA
Am I the only one who kept saying to himself "well what the fuck are you doing with it then, get rid of it quick you stupid fuck"

My 5S and SE failures were complete hardware failures

The battery didn't explode... it was the hardware that was thrashed.

Ha, literally just an hour ago replaced a swollen battery from my Redmi Note 5 that I bought 1½ years ago, after having my S4 mini battery go thick.

only on my apple devices

>he even squeezed it

I'm surprised that literal retard didn't even try to pop it (and suing afterwards without hands)

In terms of fire safety, what are you actually supposed to do when this happens?

throw it in the microwave to balance the heat out

Put it into a metal container

Or put it outside.

Throw it out the window immediately. Immediately as in a day ago immediately. Preferably not onto anything flammable and not at anyone or their house.

You can clean up the mess after it blows, until then safety is a priority. There's not much more to do about it without risking getting brutalized by it. Sure there are more legal and environmentally friendly solutions, that have less chance of hurting anyone not involved, but if you value your hands, you can't assume you have that kind of time. It's a hot potato, you have to get it the fuck out of there.

based

I have 3 of these swollen batteries under my bed, in a cardboard box, surrounded with toilet paper

Attached: smug38371.gif (250x250, 85K)

Based

You're mom a hot potato

>i dont feel so goo...

Yes, on Siemens A55.

You're an idiot.

had an old, swollen Galaxy S3 battery
but that phone has user-replacable batteries, so I just swapped it out and that was that

as far as I know they have poor conductivity so can't be charged quickly, and their cycle life is far shorter than a liquid electrolyte battery

Go to a paint store and buy an empty paint can to store it in until you can have it recycled.

I don't use Apple products, so no.

It happened with my Nexus 5, though I noticed way earlier and it was nowhere near as bad. I had the battery replaced.

OwO

No but when I owned an HTC M9 in the desert it would regularly hit 50C just sitting in my pocket. I was always worried it would 'splode. The battery would read 57+C during use when it was 110F outside.

That generally doesn't happen on its own (aside from extreme cases like Note 7). It happens due to either heat or water damage.

yes but only with a crappy off brand battery. no wonder they dont let us change batteries in our phones anymore.

t. iJeet

Attached: 1547506535951.png (711x998, 289K)

>that abysmal grammar
Do business insider reporters not make enough for their morning coffee? Because this man was clearly not awake.

I'd bet money that what actually happened is that you left your battery undercharged for a long period of time.

That is a death sentence for Li-Ion, once discharged below a certain voltage per cell, you throw it the fuck out. Because when you try to fully charge it, you have a shot at causing it to swell up and do a controlled vent.

a battery pack I had for years once was blinking funny, I touched it while on the charger and it was about 150f to the touch. unplugged that shit and threw it away when it cooled down.

All those temps did was drastically lower the lifespan/capacity of your battery.

Now if you forced a quick charge on that battery with temps like that, yeah it would go boom eventually.

oem lenovo battery almost went nuclear in my backpack
it pried open my laptop case and broke two screw insert post

Attached: 42738.png (1280x705, 764K)

They own your phone and they own YOU!

Yes. I picked up whole lot of seemingly fine MacBook Pro (old ones) batteries from dumpster, and in three month they poofed like mad.
If they were in recycler, it means that BMS correctly detected batteries and decided to shut itself down.

why does this always happen to apple devices? do they use the cheapest possible chink batteries they can get their hands on?
this also happened to the last iphone i ever used

What an amazing display of human intelligence.

P U F F Y

bass

Sounds like a comfy spot. I hope they grow big and strong!

I don't buy garbage marketed as "duh bes chit evar" so no issues here.

drop the based

cut it open with wire cutters
use a pie dish for protection

Used a phone with battery like that for 4 months because I didn't have the money to buy a new one. Shit was unstable as fuck randomly turning on and off, also charge percentage was jumping back and forth with 30-40% intervals.

nope

Happened to my Kobo mini, after years of use followed by years of neglect followed by a quick charge
Lipo inflated to the size of my fist, amazed it didn't pop, took it out and still have the reader with a cracked screen, should probably recycle it

base

baste

Besad

Thin batteries are inherently dangerous because they're easily short circuited from physical damage.

>scaredy cat afraid of batteries

I had this on my Acer laptop. I think it happened because I'd occasionally put plates of hot meals on the front where the battery was situated. It got even bigger when I brought my laptop abroad. Once i figured out what it was I just left it in my backyard and it hasn't exploded in a year.

baed

Poke the pressure out and flatten it

Basted

I wish.

Attached: rle.jpg (480x300, 40K)

not acid

You'll want to keep oxygen from getting into the battery, so do it under oil, so you don't short it out, or let air into the battery. Be ready to seal it as soon as it finishes releasing gas, and don't poke the battery itself, just the wrapper.

Happened to my Zune recently. Made me real sad, honestly.

put it back in your asshole

bested

basted

happened to my s8, i thought it was the glue pealing off so I kept squeezing it back together but eventually I took off the back glass so it can fit in a case.

i want to buy a new phone but I don't use it enough to justify that.

It has but it was the original battery of my psp1000 which was like 10+ years old

>gif
cmon

baster

thic

This is also the only time I’ve run into this so far. If I had known they could be recelled at the time, I would’ve done that with the old battery instead of throwing it out.

>its a fucking pajeet
every time

Throw it back into applel store, get charged with terrorism

applel underhumans can't see webms

I've only ever seen on uWu battery bulges on MacBooks. And an chinkshit airsoft lipo which I repeatedly dropped and accidentally nicked. Says a lot about Apple quality.

Lmao what a faggot. You need a fair bit of puncturing and a good charge to get it too ignite.

Not to this extent, but yes, more than once.

thankfully but it can happen to anyone with any device that has battery, even fucking cars

>blown the fuck out
litterally
based!

yeah, usually the chinkshit batteries skip the swelling stage and move directly to ignition

UwU *nuzzles fire hazard*

mostly lithium batteries

My dad's Samsung phone had a swollen battery but he had a older Samsung you know the ones with the replaceable batteries. That was a cheap and easy fix. Sucks that phones these days are non removable so if the battery fucks up there goes the whole phone.

based satan

Attached: 1566845603645.gif (540x304, 1.78M)

Attached: 1567821050694.webm (1440x810, 2.84M)

based!

Ipod at work is like that since it is always plugged in to play music. Have told my managers and they care not, the home button is completely fucked and I'm literally just waiting for it to explode

poke it with a needle on your way out on a friday

biased

It only happened to me once but on a power bank. I threw it away

super based

under rated

On iPhone 5 after 5 years of use