What went right?

What went right?

Attached: W7.jpg (440x366, 34K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

it wasn't vista, 8, or 10

Nothing. It's just Vista: Less Shitty Edition.

/thread

Simple, logical, uncluttered design.

Easy to use, friendly-looking icons, no ads, no notifications. Just classic, simple Windows without any extra "fluff" that nobody wants.

Attached: windows7.jpg (720x450, 33K)

Unpopular opinion but windows 7 sucked massive amounts of BBC. I prefer w10 fight me.

Basically Windows Vista SP3, decent operating system that convinced XP users to finally upgrade.

I prefer 10 myself.

I'm gay too

Didn't have a built in expiration date in every installer after which it will refuse to install. Yeah I can just unplug the ethernet and set the BIOS clock back but what the fuck?

Attached: nnm.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

They made Vista shitty on purpose to sell more of 7.

>What went right?
everything

Attached: asdasdasdasdsds.png (1495x707, 297K)

Came here to post exactly this

>home premium
why didn't you just download ultimate?

sorry forgot the image so I deleted it

you just deleted your trips you fag

why would I need ultimate? why would I want to disable even more services?

group policy
for this shit right here

Attached: that shit right there.png (681x627, 38K)

Why would you have automatic updates enabled, or even updates enabled at all?

Attached: asdasdsd.png (404x209, 9K)

>why would you want security updates
why indeed
you should have just said you were retarded in the first place

Based, also installing Win7 on my new Coffee lake build.

Attached: hi-tech-kompyuter-oboi-6e72d79.jpg (1920x1200, 431K)

>"security" updates

Attached: boomer.png (400x365, 71K)

>used windows 7 from right after it released until I replaced my old PC last year
>wouldn't run on my new ryzen 2600x PC without constant BSODs, so I reluctantly installed windows 10
I miss it so much bros. I almost want to trade in my PC for an older one, but I'm afraid I'd get ripped off.

>implying
The actual boomers are the paranoid fucks flocking to Windows 10 because of "muh lack of support after EOL" or "muh security updates".

you're just doing it wrong
also this is my old CPU before I bought a real one

Attached: win7-ryzen2700.png (1469x817, 413K)

It was an upgrade from XP with solid driver support and smart upgrades.

It didn't bombard you with advertisements.
It didn't redirect all searches through the store.
It didn't shut down your computer or reboot it for updates if you didn't want it.
It didn't let third parties use your recordings for "training".
It didn't undo all your customization and privacy tweaks by forcing updates that accidentally set your telemetry to Full.

Having driver support. Also faster computers.
That's why Vista failed - it had none of that.

>implying these updates make it any safer

>4ghz @ 0.987v
thats bullshit
use hwinfo

It had actual bug hunters and testers validating each update. They fired quality control and put the burden on the users to find out how badly they fucked up.

Right now it's letting some front runners try it out and then sending it out to everyone else if those guys don't bitch too much about something breaking.

Then everyone gets fucked at once by something the dedicated team would have caught.

Time to plan your migration away from Windows altogether.

I don't think it's a CPU problem. What's your motherboard?

ok dr dro

Windows 7 is obsolete garbage.

With the end of support of Win7 I committed to never buying Windows again until they bring back the traditional UX.

The last time I tried to use Linux was over a decade ago, and I have become addicted to Linux since everything is easier now.

Shouldn't you be eating Tidepods?

EoL means nothing, it will still be comfy for at least a couple more years (although it generally depends on what are you going to use it for).

At least you're not among the retards stuck in the past clinging to Windows 7. Even Gentoo and Arch apologists rank above Windows 7 users because unlike the subhuman filth, Gentoo users are able to do something and aren't exactly hypocrites.
Shouldn't you be busy creating botnets for us all?
>EOL means nothing
The same thing all the luddites said for Windows XP. And look where we are now.

>look where we are now
The very same luddites are still using it.

The bottom line is, Microsoft might drop support for it, but 3rd party developers will not drop support for it overnight. As I said, it will be comfy for at least a couple more years, depending on your use case.

>3rd party developers will not drop support for it overnight
They will, as they did with Vista. I can already imagine Windows 7 users torrenting security patches. Just like with XP back in the day, it has no support for any of the increasingly significant modern technologies and instruction sets that becoming near universally adopted by software developers. One of the reasons DX12 is taking forever to become adopted is due to the Windows 7 install base, but that scratches the surface of just how much the OS has been holding back progress.

> he's this shit at computing that he really believes microsoft's never ending patches will keep him secure!
there is absolutely no fucking reason to continually update windows when most of the time the security fixes can be applied manually (or you can download everything you need with wsusoffline). I bet you're the same kind of fucking faggot that would be the first to cry like a bitch when windows update fucks your system.

MSI B450M. I remember always getting a "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal" from the blue screen so it may have been due to the mobo driver, but on top of the annoying "your machine is running outdated hardware" spam I just gave up.

>Not wanting growing amounts of increasingly intense malware loaded onto your hardware every 6 months
>Luddite

I'm also into prepping my wifes bull

Vista was used by literally no one at that point though. 7 is much more popular, it's pretty much XP all over again. It won't be dropped that easily.

>he doesn't manually audit his running services, processes and network activity
unbased

> driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
Definitely a driver problem.
Depending on the name of the .sys file that was appearing with it it could be the videocard, soundcard or network card driver problem.

>user runs a 10 year old operating system on a modern chip
>I don't think it's a CPU problem.
yes, it's a cpu problem, you fucking idiot. windows 7 chokes like hell on all modern cpus.. i wonder why that is? i wonder why a decade's old operating system doesn't "just werk"? nobody supports this operating system anymore, you dense cunt. you amd faggots truly are the dumbest motherfuckers in the universe.
> yes, let's blame everything else but the cpu!
>Definitely a driver problem.
the cope is undeniably real.

It's gonna be a real shame when I have to fuck off to 10 or else I'm fucked :/

Nigger I run Windows 98 on a 9900k machine, don't give me that shit.

> driver_irql_not_less_or_equal
> driver
No fucking shit it would be the driver problem.

>something something cope
You are a fucking retard.

Silly winfag, Linux is still superior in every way.
No EOL with Linux.
Yet another deluded fanboy.
Based
Then what, switch to Winblowz 10 botnet edition?

That's right, come to windows 10 it's a good OS trust us, windows 10 is always going to be here, watching and waiting for you. Join us soon before we have to take drastic measures. You wouldn't want that, you really wouldn't want that. Just make it easy on us and yourself and join, now. See you soon. Very very soon :)

> Then what, switch to Winblowz 10 botnet edition?
Nah, ain't touching that.
Either de-botneted pirated LTSC, or finally move on to loonix.

No such thing, you can never remove all of their "telemetry."
Best to switch to Linux now.

There's no real reason to not use Windows 7 unless you are having actual hardware problems. If you have an NVMe drive that you want to boot from, you should probably use Win10 just to save yourself the trouble of trying to get it to work. I actually had to use some imaging software to forcefully move my Win7 install to my NVMe drive. What a fucking project. I still don't see any reason to update to Win10 though. If anyone actually plans to, I recommend finding the Friendly Windows Thread and using their guide to optimize the ISO or something. I actually installed Win10 in a VM just to prepare an ISO in case I ever do need it.

Even though 10 is complete trash, it's still better than trying to force yourself to use Linux. Even if you do happen to need Linux for something, Microsoft lets you install a full distro inside of Win10 now anyway.

u-um okay. Sure

Attached: 1550771922109.jpg (253x199, 7K)

Either it's driver or RAM related.

I call bullshit on everything in your post.

your check is on the way ,sir

Vista worked just fine from an xp upgrade, I dunno what you zoomers are talking about.

looks real to me
its your ram that must be a bad dream

There's no excuse to use Windows 7 on anything that's even remotely modern. Run it if you have a Core 2 era dual-core, nothing newer.
DX11 support is strong because it's a current API, it's high-level and supported on Windows 7.

Just deal with it, it's TEN years old, unsupported, and EOL. Whilst Windows XP moves to being historic by this point, Windows 7 now falls under the category of being nothing more than an ancient relic from the past, just like their users. And no, 3 months of security updates left does not mean that it's still actively supported.

By now, NOTHING is better in Windows 7. Absolutely nothing. Even for minor things, as an example any version of windows has a color changer so you can pick any color you want.

Windows 7 users are psychotic conspiracy theorists, it'll be the most enjoyable thing into the 2020s to see them getting FUCKED.

FUCKED left and right.
FUCKED by software developers.
FUCKED by Microsoft.
FUCKED by their aging bullshit hardware.

Windows 7 users are luddites & lunatics stuck in the past, unworthy of licking anyone's boot.

I'll be at the forefront pushing for this vile heap of garbage to be eradicated from computers worldwide.

Microsoft should have timebombed Windows 7.

Whilst yes, Jow Forums may be consisting primarily of hopeless Linux users, even Gentoo and Arch apologists rank above Windows 7. Because unlike the subhuman filth, Gentoo users are able to do something and aren't exactly hypocrites. The day that most major browsers dump Windows 7 like they did with XP I'm going to throw a party. Windows 7 is literally a threat to security and hinders development. It's like the GeForce 4 MX personified into an OS. I remember you hypocrite a lot when Windows 7 was new. "I'll use XP until the end of time" they said. This is no different. Everyone said that, and everyone said that about Windows XP back In the day, with Windows 98 being superior.

Are you losers just afraid of Change?

lel
pirated ultimate like 8 years ago and never updated it
never will
get fucked kiddo

>willingly using outdated pos
At least you fuck yourself.

>I'll be at the forefront pushing for this vile heap of garbage to be eradicated from computers worldwide.
I picture you in a trench coat wearing a fedora and complaining to your mother that you're too enlightened to wash the dishes. Faggot

It was released as software, not as a service.

>No EOL with Linux.
>Ubuntu 18.04.3 LTS
>Release Date: August 8, 2019
>End of Standard Support: April 2023
>End of Life: April 2028
wiki.ubuntu.com/Releases

Fuck off botnet shill.

There's nothing wrong with change, if it's positive. Most of Win10's changes are steps backward. We don't need more intrusive telemetry, we don't need the ugly tablet optimized interface, we don't need their shitty UWP apps (which they are already planning to abandon by the way), we don't need fucking Cortana, we don't need ads in the start menu, WE DON'T NEED THIS BULLSHIT. If we could go in and remove all these features like you can do in Win7 with most of the "Turn Windows Features on/off" option, I wouldn't mind using 10. But, you fucking can't. You need to customize the shit out of Enterprise ISOs to get anywhere close to cleaning up the mess that is Win10.

The only thing Win10 brings to the table is minor stability and performance improvements, some driver improvements, and with the ability to play some niche video games like the Age of Empires remakes.

i was in the 7 camp, then the 10 camp, back to the 7 camp. Resolved ad pinpointed my 10 woes to OneDrive trying to synch Adobe CC and FF (Fucking Firefox) mystery bullshit. Fixed that, went back to 10, loved 10. Other problems surface: 10 is just a botnet, matrix-joined, "half-yours, half-ours-to-fuck-you-in-your-gaping-TCP-assports-ohh-your-ports-are-so-tight-you-sexy-giver-of-personal-data"

Windows 10 could've been so much more. It could've ran MacOS into the ground taking no enemies, leaving no quarter. It could've yanked some people away from distros with untampered speed and stability..

...But no.

MS got greedy disease, AmazonGoogleSalesForceDoubleClick Disease. They forced OneDrive, made just a simplex photo viewer a massive spy, and just mucked the fuck out of their newborn OS.

Good Fucking Job Private Pyle!

For me it's Windows 7 & Debian, when the support goes, I'll make that decision then.

(I'm a pro, have 9 boxes/laptops going w various os's, and enrolled in school on the side)

Attached: 1565030889221.jpg (620x350, 130K)

I am no luddite, I loved XP but switched to 7 right after it came out because it actually seemed worthwhile (unlike Vista). I would've upgraded to 8 or 10 if they were worth it as well, but they fucking weren't. And if 7 was so bad why did Microsoft have to pull every jew trick in the book to get people to upgrade?
>Are you losers just afraid of Change?
Or are you a drone who blindly accepts change?

based and lainpilled

this desu

Pretty much this.

I'm on Windows 10 now and it's distinctly uncomfy.

Windows 7 was the last OS with SOUL.

I miss 7 bros, it had soul!!!!

>ubuntu
retard lmao

i can smell you from a mile away
take a fucking shower

>still using 7
>still runs everything I need
>it probably always will unless they retroactively remove features
>who cares I don't have updates enabled anyway (stay mad win10 skiddies)
>Still laughing at windows 10 shills
>feel sorry for people forced into adopting 10 and aren't capable of changing it
>tfw windows 10 barely overtook 7 in 5 years with forced installs and upgrades for FREE
>mfw I'm a 22 year old boomer and proud

I feel sorry for you windows 10 victims, you're too retarded to save yourselves. F

>forgot my face

Attached: ceb.gif (500x500, 89K)

Iron Maiden still rules

i would use 7 (i do now) but ive been suffering so much fucking screen tearing lately, i dont know if its aero or legacy nvidia drivers but it drives me up the walls desu, kinda teasing the idea in my head of using 8.1 but one of the enterprise (less botnet) versions so its not so bad
i think win7 is definitely showing its age but for a 2009 OS and only having a few issues today and being 100% usable despite its flaws and still a viable option for modern computing, thats mighty impressive.
also based

works for me
currently on 14+ days of uptime

Attached: SPECS.png (646x575, 50K)

I heard (((they))) are pushing telemetry on win 7.

Not even fucking joking, Aero. That gorgeous translucent taskbar and window borders haven't been matched since.

Attached: B.png (2500x2500, 1.89M)

also a note BIOS 1.6 and below gave me the same blue screens, it was linked to the pcie realtek lan nic's code in the bios, solution is to update to 1.7 or higher bios and make sure you run the newest realtek driver from there site 7.126. tbqh i think just updating the bios will fix it, but you might as well grab the newer windows driver to go along with it.

8 is superior to 7 if you're not a retard.

>support ending next year
End of an era, really. Damn shame

>implying SP2 isn't dropping by December

I trashed the 2700 system in favor of

Not sure if Microsoft is even capable is pushing a new Windows 7 build at his point

They already have and have tried but unfortunately you have enough access to the system files that you can remove the telemetry programs and files manually and then actually disable updates to stop any future telemetry they add. I`m sure they have some kind of ultimate backdoor nsa tier access to their OS but I mean fuck it if they have to go that far at any point then just abandon it altogether and go to the penguin.

they won't, well its highly unlikely. look into how they roll out updates theses days. convenience roll-ups, fucking not convenient at all and suck ass. just use the security updates by using wsusoffline (or similar software) and save yourself the headache.

DWM ruined windowed gaming on 10. I cannot forgive Microsoft for this, or the plethora of other microstutter causing issues.

I did the needful. I did do.

yeah amazon is so much less invasive than microsoft, what was i thinking...

.dum.bass.

Attached: girl-shopping.jpg (1600x1200, 366K)

It fixed compatibility for a lot older software and games that broke in Vista. It was basically Vista should've been. Honestly having XP last a couple more years and going straight into 7 would've been a better plan for microshit.

Longhorn should've been kept.
>SOUL.
Nigger please return to reddit and kys.

Attached: Windows-Longhorn-screenshot-microsoft-windows-32914064-800-600.png (800x600, 304K)

A combination of baby duck syndrome, see , and ;
People upgrading their machines between Vista's release and its release, see , and ;
Total ignorance of how it works, see , and ;
And a seriously unhealthy dose of contrarianism, see , and .

Oh boy, you've got it all figured out. Good for you!

>bumping this thread off page 10
fuck you faggot.