Why do people complain about Python enforcing whitespace and indentations?

Why do people complain about Python enforcing whitespace and indentations?

Do they enjoy their code being a complete, unreadable mess?

Attached: ad-01-.jpg (800x600, 86K)

My coding is like my penis. No one is going to see it so why should I be forced to keep it clean and tidy?

those people are writing code in basic text editors
they usually have little idea what IDE can bring to the table

It reminds them of their FORTRAN days.

I have to deal with a python codebase that is absolute garbage. The people who defend whitespace and indentation rules for 'readability' are fucking retarded. Python is fundamentally an undisciplined language; being able to see code block indentation levels doesn't magically fix the trash fire that happens when you give someone with zero idea how to write software access to Python.

In sane languages, the compiler tells you to fuck right off when you write bad code. in Python you can do whatever the fuck you want with zero repercussions except for the next sad sack of shit (me) that has to pick up where the so-called rockstar left off.

You haven't seen the uselessness of mandatory indenting until you've seen ruthlessly bad code. Zero encapsulation, zero ability to name things correctly, zero understanding of OOP, zero understanding of modelling, zero understanding of how to name things correctly, no idea how to test things. These are the things that are important. Fuck your indents.

If you are working for a Python shop, just remember that retards will ruin the codebase sooner or later and you'll have to pick up the slack.

So basically fuck Python, fuck GVR and his squad of assholes who wanted to make programming 'accessible'.

Attached: 7099f1.jpg (200x245, 62K)

because you can't smell code

This, the syntax is the least of Pythons problems.

Semantic code makes reading through everything much longer

I know nor care if this is copypasta, its right.

>someone with zero idea how to write software
This sounds like the major factor here.
(And getting your boss to understand the concept of technical debt.)

Python 2.x (I don't know about 3.x) never contained the tools for building cathedrals and it was never about that style of programming.

>I don't know about 3.x
Same thing about 3.x

>he cant smell code
pleb

What about Java?

Same reason people complain about LISP parentheses, it's the only thing they know about the language.

t. every c++ developer

i don't even know how it works, when i think about i just get angry.
python wants indentation levels to match up, and what is it looking for? is it just a formula like (tabs*spacepertab)+spaces and ignoring a myriad of other equivalent characters? why the fuck would anyone subject themselves to this bullshit? what if my text editor's glyph for a tab is wider than however many spaces python thinks it should be?
should i download python and try to feed it zero width separators?

Barely anyone who writes stuff in Python uses tabs and the four space indentation is pretty much a standard in every IDE for Python.
Also, the PEP20 aka The Zen of Python suggest to no nest whenever possible. Python community even suggests to no nest more than four loops or choices.
Python indentation is only hard when you use a plain text editor without any proper configuration for Python.

TL; DR just configure properly your text editor or use a IDE with tons of QoL improvements for the language.

i'll use a real language instead

I write my entire program on one line to save on RAM.

>Do they enjoy their code being a complete, unreadable mess?

Have you ever worked professionally as a programmer? There are tools to automate indentation and any good company would have internal guidelines on styling.

How fat are you that you can't see your own dick? At least for health you should be able to see if nothing gross happens to it