Zero knowledge of coding

>zero knowledge of coding
>wanna start
whats the best beginner language? have been thinking about python 3

Attached: 1548762664344.png (1850x1475, 717K)

Other urls found in this thread:

javascript.info/types
en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Programming
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Install windows and jdk

If you want to program then you need to learn how to use your resources, like search engines that contain a good portion of all human knowledge.

html css python
then go lang
then rust
then c

Javascript. There isn't a more flexible and useful language than Javascript.

That said, its a terrible language and holy fuck do new people not understand a fucking thing about async etc thats everywhere in modern js. But if you learn it well, you'll find it immediately useful everything from quality of life scripting on your OS, to scraping and botting shit on the web, to even learning 3D graphics and game development with WebGL.

If you wanna be a real programmer start from low level and work your way up. I'd start by watching Ben Eaters videos on ytube and follow along building your own simple 8bit computer. Then I'd transistion into learning the x86 chipset. "Programming from the Ground Up" is a great book and available for free online. Once you have these low-level fundamentals down and can understand the data flow of the platform you are working on. Then, transition into a higher-level language like C to speed up your workflow. Once you have that down, then learn a scripting language like python to really make yourself an efficient programmer. If you start with something like python you're just a fucking script Kitty that doesn't really understand how a computer works and that's all you'll ever be, JavaScript web developer MacBook coffee drinking all races are equal fags are even worse.

Python is a good starting point. It is super easy to learn and very popular. Don't listen to .

Based

Go back to sucking dick and pretend youre a computer programmer. JS my ass more like jr suck

Depends what you wanna do.

I recommend HTML/CSS/JS and then pick any backend language of your choice, then you'll have experience with web dev as well as any language of your choice for general software dev, and you can lean into whatever you enjoy more from there.

I also recommend only picking easy things, you can do the hard shit later, being "scared away" is very common and having the correct introduction is important.

Don't listen to these guys. They are scripters; they don't know how a computer really works. See:

Python and bash
HTML and CSS
C
avoid anything OOP, avoid js

I've since then moved to C++ down to just C for my own non-web related projects. I've basically taken the exact opposite route to .
I recommend high level shitty languages exactly because they're really easy to approach, and as I said, you can almost immediately make useful things for yourself. I've seen too many people not know what to do next and give up after they get a hello world and couple other basic terminal applications done.
But on a certain level, I do actually very much agree with , I found IDEs and C/C++ utterly unapproachable until I dropped Visual Studio, installed mingw, and did everything manually the UNIX way. I fucking run gentoo these days

Are you familiar with using the command line, terminal or "C\:> prompt on Windows? Or maybe used "macros" and "triggers" in a game that used those? It would give you a head start, just a little.

>python 3
For the love of god friend, stay the fuck away from Python or JavaScript. Start with a language that has strict typing; it will build the 'right' mental model in your mound to write correct software. Specifically, start with one of:
>C#
>Java
>Go
>Rust
>C++

I'd probably go with Go since its fairly friendly to get into. Start with C++ if you are willing to deal with a bit of work up front but learn the most about computers and programming. For C++ you'll have to find a good book on modern C++ and start with that.

Attached: 1567333707394.png (640x400, 30K)

i have used terminal in a vm with debian but probably laughable stuff for most tech people

>Rust and Java
>starting language
big no. Rust assumes too much knowledge of the low level and Java assumes too much knowledge of architecting with OO principles. C# is just microsoft shit too. a high level language has potential to teach you what matters, i.e. problems solving and designing algorithms and data structures without getting you too involved in the complexities of computers at first. Idk how well python will do that though, I fear that all these scripting languages with huge amounts of libraries available just teach you to poke at shit and plug shit together different ways until you get something that works.

>whats the best beginner language? have been thinking about python 3
If you want to be generally useful, quickly: Python.
If you want to create webshit: JavaScript.
If you want to start by understanding things more deeply: a Lisp dialect (Racket, say) together with reading SICP, which is genuinely not a meme book, but an extremely good book. The book is also freely available online.

Python, Java, C++

In that order.
Other answers are all memes.

Once more, Jow Forumstards are absolutely based

do NOT buy into the meme of learning python as your first language if employment is what you are looking for. Best bet is to learn Javascript and transition into a framework like React.

J.S tutorial javascript.info/types

nice bait

based and retarded

htdp2

FUCK OFF, WE'RE FULL!

Attached: smiley_angry-512.png (512x512, 40K)

my gf started with c# then c++
from there she learned Sal Mal and tal. she's a smart cookie.. I hate code

There is a shortage of good programers.

>she

>squiddykins
>my """gf""" (male)
>browsing Jow Forums while being too retarded to code
neck yourself tranny

start with c, it teaches how you how stuff works under the hood, once you're done with basics do some fun project, like a game of life. I was going with this course en.wikibooks.org/wiki/C_Programming and supplementing it with asking questions in google and looking at answers on stack overflow.

Once you're done with this go to some other language, depends on what you want to do program. For example if you want to program apps you learn kotlin, you learn different design Patterns like MVC and MVVM, you learn to use libraries for kotlin nad you learn about dependancy injection and other shit like that.

Best thing is to get basics right ( thinking algorithmically ) and try many languages so you can pick up new languages and concepts fast.

Not OP but, I want to learn programming as well. I too want to understand what the computer is doing first.

Okay, cool. That took a little tech savvy... Try SAFELY (always a relative term...), safely installing some software. Programming related or not programming related. If your OS has a standard package manager (i.e. apt, yum, pacman, pkgsrc, NuGet, etc.) then use that.

code is boring yo
I use my computer for fun things like fucks

Attached: IMG_20190915_161836.jpg (2560x1440, 1.51M)

After thinking about it, disregard the wikibooks reference, there's probably much better tutorials on youtube which explain shit better

thank you, very based

she's smarter than you are :p

Attached: Dj1sgilXcAAIAA7.jpg (433x480, 34K)

>youtube tutorials for programming

Attached: the best way to learn python.png (971x280, 94K)

whatever, gay

Ska-badabadabadoo-belidabbelydabbladabbladabblabap bop

Attached: Media_55.gif (294x339, 47K)

Some languages and/or programming environments (like Python, NodeJS, or even Emacs) have package managers of their own. You can end up using the OS' package manager to install a languages package manager to, perhaps install another or something silly...

Whatever, just try installing and uninstalling things. Paid marketplaces sort of count too I supposs... But try free downloads if you can.

This is the exact opposite order. Out of those C is the most simple language. Using python's magic libraries he won't learn shit

You're going to get a million opinions for this one. Whatever you pick, I hope you stick with it and most of all: build things. Don't get stuck in book/tutorial land. Build a million things, and re-build them. Then read documentation and maybe a book, and then build some more etc. If you want to learn Python 3, then do it. You're not stuck with a single language forever, you just need a starting point.