Why is this allowed?

It should be illegal to design and push something this bad.

Attached: 1508539520091.png (1629x661, 945K)

Other urls found in this thread:

getfedora.org/en/workstation/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

You know you can just edit a couple of files and change it right?

It should also be illegal to willingly install GNOME.

ubunturds are equal to winturds

Ubuntu doing this?

Attached: turningwindows.png (1680x1050, 1.46M)

So I see you're running GNOME

Attached: p.jpg (227x222, 4K)

>xturds means "x" and not the "turd"
back to your newfag containment board

This is the reason why Linux will never be a real os

linux is a kernel

Attached: 1321982801390.jpg (251x218, 12K)

>is posting on nu-Jow Forums full of consumer tech addicted trannies
>calls the only board with a substantial amount of oldfags left the newfag containment board

BBLean?

Really I agree, I just wish KDE didn't suck ass and crash all the time even on an Intel gpu

You watched Mister Reddit too!!!
Take my upboat!!!!!!1111111one

ubuntu is not linux

Anyone can put red circles and arrows on a picture and call it bad design. You have no idea what you're talking about

Attached: 1516507950837.jpg (600x600, 57K)

user, you always have only one window open?

Nobody forces you to use it

yes, linux desktops such. Thats why macos is the best operating system by far.

Attached: 1557055879635.jpg (600x600, 97K)

KDE is the best DE and I think it's the future. But yeah, some things are really not mature enough and it bothers me. But overall it's p good. A very comfy and powerful desktop. In 5 years it should be even better.

Which ones? GNOME is pretty closed.

i would try something else since gnome just came with the install but all you people would reccomend is some autsitic tiling wm which isn't actually objectively better in any way.
>but muh screen utilization muh efficiency muh shortcuts

Attached: 8os1.png (841x517, 98K)

Blame Ubuntu for that, on regular gnome I only have the one next to the activities menu.

>As a sodomite, I prefer KDE.

You are why Linux won’t win. YOU.

That's odd, I have none of that.

Attached: thats_odd.png (1916x1074, 724K)

This is peak Linux.
The GUI that coders build when they are left unsupervised.
Most of that stuff is there because the coder could do it easily.

This is the kind of shit that happens when not even the developers themselves use thheir software. They're probably using fedora or something.

More like the result of trying to copycat MacOS X UI while overthinking about how to make the source of inspiration not too blatant.

Linux doesn't want to be a mainstream desktop OS

gnome is a mobile os knockoff. It would be good on a tablet but retarded anywhere else
pic related, ios..er I mean and.. er I mean gnome!

Attached: iiLBO.jpg (1920x1080, 173K)

>things are only good if no one else watches them

Linux by itself is only a kernel, it becomes an OS when given all the essential utilities that make a system. Linux targets any platform, as long as there is a will to write the support for it.
Actually, there is not a strong enough incentive in making Linux the basis of the OS that will overtake Windows (if ever). ChromeOS might actually the closest to it in the US, given how it looks convenient for students. But it's not based on the merits of the OS itself, more like the services provided by the product (that is, Google services). Could Microsoft adopt and adapt Linux while keeping hardware and software compatibility with previous Windows systems? It's a possibility, given how Microsoft would love to outsource OS development and focus on services like Google.

There's a reason UX designers get paid so much and are in such demand.

>time and date
>Non-essential info

At this point it must be an internal joke to make the standard everything in linux as inconvenient and dumb as possible, just so a smartass can come and say "UHHH YOU KNOW YOU CAN CHANGE IT RIGHT? FUCKING WINTURDS HURRR"

Tbh changing shit like this is pretty trivial in KDE. It's GNOME's design paradigm to decide what's "best" for the user and then make it as hard as possible to change the defaults.

> 62155

the whole point of it is so stupid people can use and navigate gnu plus loonix. you can install it on your parents computer and they can survive. why make a thread on this? do you buy picture books and then complain about all the pictures?

you forgot your meme image

It's like they made bad choices just so they wouldn't be accused of copying Windows, which made good ones.

The bar on top would interfere with a browser's tabs on top, which is godly.
The side taskbar could be good on a 16:9 screen since vertical real estate is more important, but that thing is thiccc, and they ruin it by taking up the vertical real estate by already having a bar on top.

Seriously, just fucking copy Windows exactly.

windows is trash, ubuntu is trash
pure gnome is better getfedora.org/en/workstation/
the reason I don't recommend ubuntu is because fedora is so great by default

FOOTED

Cringiest fucking thing ever, that show is actually good at times but I could not stand this fucking scene.

i agree with the thing beside activities it's literally does nothing it's just there

Just install dwm