Why does literally every developer gimp their Android apps compared to their iOS counterparts...

Why does literally every developer gimp their Android apps compared to their iOS counterparts? This shit is pushing me towards iPhone and I hate Apple with a passion.

Attached: iphone-11-colours-920x690.jpg (920x690, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/omto9Q-eS_Q
youtu.be/emPiTZHdP88
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Developers probably make more revenue on iOS due to the hoops you have to go through to sideload apps and use adblocking.

developing for iOS is easier

Don't you have to pay $200 for a license? Android is a clusterfuck but it's free to develop for (for better or for worse)

Have you ever tried to use android studio?

The fee is nothing compared to money you should be making from the app

In what ways?
From what I've seen, Android apps are generally better than their iOS counterparts.

$100, and yes
But ObjC/Swift are infinitely better than java garbage
Kotlin is promising though

You sure do live up there in lalaland, user

android studio is garbage, anyone with a brain wants to stop as soon as possible even if this means doing a shitty program

describe 'gimped'

As an app developer, here's why
1. Xcode > android studio
2. Swift > Java
3. For paid apps, iOS > Android

what apps are you even talking about? its not like you use anything beyond the system apps and maybe like 3-4 services

this isn't 2012, its not like we're pretending that there might be some magical new app on the horizon that changes everything, you can pretty much directly criticize an app developer for dropping the ball on an android port instead of just pretending that the last 8 years didn't happen and this is still a systemic issue that will impact potential future outcomes

This is only the case for social apps and other normie shit

>For paid apps

i don't understand this semantic distinction. what is a 'paid app?' like i know, an app you paid money for, but there is never a point in time where making the categorical distinction between a "paid app" and a "free app" is worth anything beyond how much an app costs.

unless that distinction is to implicate that paying money for apps gives you better quality, and that's pretty hilariously naive

>using smartphones like a selfie-taking snapchat using faggot
GOD I wish people would stop talking about """smart"""phones on this fucking board

Okay, so name some ways.

Not having advertisements riddled throughout every screen of an app is usually what causes people to pay for an app.

Usually those apps, if they have a paid feature, remove those ads.
And if they don't, they deserve all the shit they get.

I'm a developer of a fairly well known app for Android. Our codebase is in much better quality than the iOS codebase. Yet the iOS version makes 4x more revenue than Android. Even though we have roughly 2x more DAU on Android.

iOS users are more retarded and loose with their money.

Easier to develop for iOS even with the MacBook/lisence fee requirement. Plus iOS users spend more money on apps.

$100 and if you're smart you'll make that back in about an hour or two.

Learn to swift.

Naw we just have jobs that pay more than welfare. We buy things that are better quality.

Strange way of saying "No one wants to buy Android apps"

>We buy things that are better quality.
>iShit
Good joke.

Apple consumers actually pay for things.

Strange way of saying "iToddlers are stupid enough to buy appshit."

>iToddlers
mom i said it again

Not him, the real problem is that every android update royally buttfucks you in terms of what you can do. Every year they restrict background operation more and more and make it more of a hassle to get permissions for anything including basic hardware features like location and camera, not even access to data (which they've also locked down, even though google knows it all so you're still giving the mfree info).

And on top of that android users don't fucking pay for shit. They're literally poorfags, even in the US

what do you mean by this, 90% of appstore apps don't make any money

This. The only people buying apps are literal iToddlers on mommy's credit card.
iToddlers are literally toddlers.

Attached: 1548035372089.png (1024x574, 172K)

It's all about the free market bro

Android apps can pirated easily and/or poorfags stick to free apps. Theres no incentive for developers to optimize apps beyond their functional spec.

iToddlers are fools with money so there's more incentive to make apps better on iOS.

>Okay, so name some ways.
Come on OP. I mean, with all the bullshit - a $300 Android device runs those supposedly gimped apps faster.
youtu.be/omto9Q-eS_Q
youtu.be/emPiTZHdP88

Because they know that Android users are poor and therefore aren't worth spending any money on. Also, they know Android is shit so there is no point trying to make the app nice.

>haha dat shit is shit brah

Attached: 1568606814654.jpg (400x320, 40K)

For Android Kotlin is used instead of Java now. A better comparison would have been Objective-C to Java and Swift to Kotlin. For free apps the $25 one time play store fee is much more appealing than the $100 annual app store fee. Also you can develop and deploy native Android apps from all major platforms, the same can't be said about iOS apps.

Paying $100 (or even $200 as you claim) is not hard. If it saves you even 1h of work, you'll benefit, unless you deem your time worthless.

Apple users love to throw with money, that's a fact shown by them buying apple in the first place.

It's almost as if paying for things that make your life easier are good investments.

there's a lot of assumptions in that statement.

just use flutter, you fucks

This is indisputably true. Android is cheaper and therefore poorer people buy them.
I bought a Note 9 after a few years of being on iOS and I had to send it back. The polish and quality of the apps are dramatically lower.
Sadly the new iPhones look pretty shit. Not really sure what I'll upgrade to from my 8 Plus.

Bump

don't upgrade from the 8 plus just get a new battery if yours gets below 85% i can't stomach the fucking notch when everyone else and their grandmother got rid of it