wanna learn about shooting, read Jeff Cooper's books

> wanna learn about shooting, read Jeff Cooper's books
> wanna learn photography, Michael Langford's Basic Photography aka the Langford Bible
> wanna learn weightlifting, Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe
> wanna learn IT skills
> no such comprehensive, authoritative introduction exists

Attached: Hammer_Tickle0003.jpg (1306x2048, 741K)

Other urls found in this thread:

inteqna.com/blog/what-is-information-technology-0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

actually there's SICP and The C Programming Language.

Welcome here summerfriend

*blocks your path*

Attached: 1568586844884.jpg (379x499, 68K)

reading is not an acceptable substitute for real world experience

These two and pic related are always recommended.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (500x500, 25K)

Where's the hardware aspect?

> read practical book on shooting
> without shooting
> read practical book on photography
> without photographing anything
> read practical book on weightlifting
> without lifting any weights
You do that?

I don't know what hardware is or does, sorry

IT is a huge area and requires using a computer and actually using the tools and learning the tools individually, picking tools based on what you want to accomplish.

Also I hope you enjoy your trex body rippetoe will give you. you don't need a book to learn something as basic as weightlifting. all information on form is available online, and from there you just have to not be retarded and lift too much weight or lift in sandals or some shit.

IT isn't for brainlets.

Hardware is my peepee when your mom touches it xD

Tell Durgesh

CompTIA textbooks.

the elements of computing systems

A+ a shit

Any subject is a "huge area" that requires "learning tools" and "picking them based on what you want to accomplish" if the argument expands broadly enough, including photography and strength training

Point of this thread
------------------------------
Your head

>strength training
>nearly as deep and complex as IT
(You)

> no such comprehensive, authoritative introduction exists
It's called a computer science degree. Now fuck off, Pajeet.

No,
Summerfags are not welcome

The first 3 fields you mention are not trades. There are no recognised degree-conferring educational institutions operating in those areas.
Therefore it is, at best, a matter of opinion what you learn and how applicable it is to your desired outcome.
IT, however, is a trade/profession recognised by degree-conferring educational institutions and, more importantly, prospective employers.
Try applying for a job as security guard with the claim that you once read a book.

electrical engineering...

> compsci kids graduate
> don't have the practical skills they need for the work place
> the stuff they learned will maybe serve them years down the road by which time they forgot it

Jow Forums is a software board

>graduate
>$100k starting comfy backend dev job
nice cope though, Pajeet

> technology
> wiki is divided into software and hardware

Yeah, but you're better off knowing something then going at it like a retard.

What you're looking for is any A+ study guide. GLHF, OP.

Why are you bragging about getting a specialized job in a thread about the general subject?

He said IT, not programming, and it's not even summer anymore.
Holy fuck Comp Sci majors are so autistic.
I'd start with Eli the Computer guy's old school videos and then just do follow up research on the topics yourself. Also, it wouldn't hurt to find some old Linux SysAdmin book at a used bookstore.

starting strength is trash

Where's a book on "mathematics" or "chemistry", then?

Professor Messer

IT includes programming, dumbass.

inteqna.com/blog/what-is-information-technology-0

Just do what I did, take shit apart and hope you don't break it. Then learn why you broke it and how you can fix it.

>wanna learn some specific subject
>here's a book about that specific subject
>wanna learn IT/mathematics/physics/biology/medicine/chemistry/language
>tfw, there's no one specific book to learn this huge topic

Attached: 1516706185320.png (657x527, 7K)

Of course it does you absolute fucking mongrel. But you don't see SysAdmins sitting around writing huge ass C programs now do you? No, because it's a small subset of IT and normally revolves around writing Bash, powershell, Python scripts and of course database stuff. You don't need a fucking comp sci degree or to understand how a CPU works to do IT level programming, and it certainly doesn't need to be one of the first things some learns when getting into IT.

>wanna learn about the entirety of IT with nothing specific in mind
>can't comprehend why this does not fit into the 350 page envelope some boomer compiled about 5 ways of moving a heavy metal bar up and down

Did you niggas miss the part where it said "introduction"?

introduction to what.
We already have one complaint of incompleteness you're probably looking for pic related

Attached: 1523818720289.jpg (1561x2048, 319K)

>introduction to what.
IT

Nigger
CompTIA textbooks. Pirate them or buy them off eBay used. Do you want to study for A+ or networking? Try Sybex, decent author. Or just google 'entry IT books'.

Already A+ and CCNA certified. A+ was a trash tier test, especially for what it promisesm. At least CCNA has a lab portion

>introduction!!!
Ah... So something equivalent to kindergarten mathematics?
Let's see...
Pic related might suit you well.
Have you read OP comparing specific topics to whole IT? Introduction to IT would be literally, learning how to turn on your computer and use it (nowadays)
If you're OP, then you're dumb fuck

Attached: 1540659115273.jpg (2592x1936, 610K)

> you're dumb fuck
Buddy, you can't even put some logical thoughts together and you're talking shit

>t.

Attached: 1541677717956.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

Linux Administrator Handbook
Computer Networks TopDownApproach
Active Directory in a Month of launches
You can do IT after that

>starting strength

Attached: 1507154106958.jpg (960x533, 66K)

Lmao
All these seething codemonkeys thinking they're relevant

Is there a guide for how to get a gf?

>>>
>Anonymous 09/16/19(Mon)05:42:24 No.7276629
ypyu;re an idiot kid. If you're acting like this much of a spoonfed bitch tou're never going to make it in the industry. go back to thinking resettting router is programming. We have no need for low IQ cucks here.

It depends on what you mean by "IT skills". The field is absolutely fuckhueg.

Take the gay-pill and girls will want to be your friend and all invite you over. Once you've got a good size group of girls hanging with you because they think you wont hit on them, you go in for the kill. Say that you always wondered what it would be like to be with a girl, one of them is bound to put out user.

He doesn't understand that, OP has been getting pissy because he thinks he can learn it all with one beginner book

I guess he doesn't get that the books he's read are surface level material, even in the rather shallow hobby categories he used in the OP. The equivalent for "IT" is probably the For Dummies books, which fits since he's clearly mentally challenged.

>> wanna learn IT skills
>> no such comprehensive, authoritative introduction exists
Okay, I am going to write it

>I guess he doesn't get that the books he's read are surface level material,
This, i guarantee he thinks he is a master of the subjects he listed books on because he read them. he is the equivalent of a college kid who took a psychology course and thinks he understands everything.

I'm the OP, like I said here I'm already A+ and CCNA qual'd. You've got it opposite, I don't think I'm particularly smart but I realized the inadequacy of the introductory materials. Even if I specialize in something like software development, I recognize the importance of other skills like hardware repair and want to learn. Projecting your bullshit assumptions onto me 'cause you've got some internal problems isn't gonna make you feel better in the long term.

Thanks to the anons that actually suggested material tho

You came in here asking for a single source to learn "IT", whatever the fuck that means. Your vagueness and absurd request made you look like a blowhard.
If you go around wearing a pink peacock dress people will think you're a fag. They'll assume you love taking anonymous cocks in truck stop bathrooms, and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself for wearing a ridiculous outfit. Ask good questions, get good answers. Talk like a retard, get treated like a retard.
Welcome to Jow Forums, cunt.

Attached: retarded_Wojak_gas_cigarette.png (1073x535, 86K)

>moving goalposts

You're a pathetic manchild.

Checked.

> calling someone retarded when you don't know what an introduction is

You can just read wikipedia, retard.

I'm from Jow Forums so I definitely just read and shitpost. I don't even lift

You're really putting your lack of intelligence on full display here.

Someone GIMP a boomer wojack onto the book cover

>just read wikipedia
>retard.
Have you been diagnosed with a mental
disability yet or are your parents in denial?

>wanna learn weightlifting, Starting Strength by Mark Rippetoe
BAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAH!!
Oh God stop you're killingme!

Summer.

> someone gets experience
> quantifies and arranges it into a book to share with others
> not acceptable

>Want an introduction to IT
>Gets mad when given answers that you don't like

Seriously, WHAT THE FUCK is your problem?

You're that guy nobody wants to partner with, because you show up to lab without reading ANY of the relevant material in advance.