/spg/ - Smartphone General

Satania Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget, and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com
phonedb.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/5QCem1YH

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Last thread:

Attached: satania.png (1024x846, 509K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Oo0Ilwe3IwM
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3
indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/nokia-4-2-notification-led-power-button-design-patent-trademark-1475092-2019-03-11
gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2018&idBatRemovable=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Last Thread:

Which iPhone do you guys recommend?

Attached: Capture.png (891x605, 29K)

The newest and most expensive of course. Don't worry, when you're done with it and it starts shitting the bed in a year you can just sell your cumstained mostly useless phone to another Apple drone for a remarkable portion of the retail cost, recouping much of your investment.

If you never actually have to do anything that Apple doesn't want you to do, this is definitely the best way to "upgrade". Or you could always join the iPhone Upgrade Program!

Attached: EEa-R9XVAAA6mKf.jpg (1536x2048, 687K)

See

Why did you go with Shamesung Note 9 instead of Glorious Samshill Note 10+ my dear sandeep?

Headphone jack and hole punch. Also price.

Burger here. What's a good budget phone ranging from 200-400. I'm worried about xiaomi not working and the previous phones I owned were Huawei and loved them. Are there any good budget Huawei phones worth it in 2019?

I know mate 20 pro isn't budget but I can find it for just a little over 400 and am considering that or I can take the gamble with the mi9

Refurbished or Open Box LG V30
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2 zb631kl(?)
HTC U11+
Pixel 2XL
Pixel 3a
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
Xiaomi Mi 9

also LG G7 has developer support and can be had for slightly more than a V30

This is a decent buy, I'm using it with T-Mobile, but it even works with Cricket if you want dirt cheap.

No headphone jack, but it comes with a dongle with intergrated DAC

Attached: No Excuse.png (1440x2282, 947K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Oo0Ilwe3IwM
It looks so bad..

Is the razor phone not a meme? I had my eye on it when it did price drop but any more user expeience?

fuck, why is vietnamese such ugly language? it sound like pig language

Looking to replace my LG V20 which just gave me its last breaths.

I'm on a max budget of $350 and am currently waiting for the Pixel 3a to drop.

I'm getting a little restless and have been looking at the Samsung A50 and Nokia 8.

Are there any other phones I should be looking at?? What do ya recommend?? I'm in the US on At&t. No chinkshit please.

Would buy if it had a headphone jack

RP2 is G2G. Got one a few months ago and it's doing everything I need it to and more. Works flawlessly on Verizon.

Only complaint I see people have is the camera. However it's the same camera that the Pixel 3 has. Just install a ported GCam APK and it takes phenomenal photos.

open box V35 off of ebay isn't a bad idea if you liked the quad dac and other features, and don't want a notch.

Wat is the best pdf reader for android?

How can people repair phones with blacklisted imei? Some sites charge you $100 to do it via remote control using your pc with your phone connected to it by usb and they do it in 15 minutes. But how can they remove the imei from the blacklist? Or they somehow replace the imei with another one?

OP7P is the best phone to buy now, all those months of updates have patched out the problems and it's just perfect, fuck the cameras they're good enough with gcam, current smartphones are memes the S10 phones have the same shit sensor from the S7 days and the Pixel 4 has the same shit sensor from the Pixel 2 and 3 I think
just buy oneplass baby and wait for fuckhuge camera sensors to come out, along with in display front cameras, and when periscope cameras become mainstream at least in flagship phones
that's when you'll wanna look for a new phone, the next time.

fucking OP7T/P has a better rear camera layout and overall design, it looks seamless and doesn't look jarring
also it's nice how the regular OP7T has more cameras and a 90hz screen, shame about the notch

Attached: dims.jpg (1600x1067, 176K)

MuPdf

satania posting general?

Ok so I have an iPhone 7 with """""" 83% """""" Battery health

I can get a mophie battery case for $45 (half off retail) bnib taxes in
Or
Go to the Apple store and get it officially replaced for $65 before tax

What do I do as a better long term decision?

Attached: 154376489620.jpg (256x324, 21K)

Is the p30lite really that bad?

Was looking into it but it seems like most people here have found it to be ass

Attached: file.png (1000x1000, 708K)

I resold my brand new A70 and got a p30lite, A70 was too large to carry, p30lite has 48megapixel camera and its more compact sized, its battery doesnt last long tho.

iTODDLERS BTFO EDITION

Attached: 1538351381246.gif (500x491, 355K)

I want to upgrade my phone but need an in-between because my current phone broke (it's an old Chinese Android. Repairing it would cost as much as the phone itself). Want to go back to iOS again, but also want to hold on and see what the SE 2 will have in store for us. Which older iPhone should I get while I wait? Is an 8/8+ worth the extra money? Because I do use wireless charging sometimes. Is the wait even worth it or should I just go for the XR?

Neither of which are really a thing outside of the US.

>What do I do as a better long term decision?
Don't buy iPhones. Apple randomly decides when it's the time for your battery to be replaced and if you decide to turn off battery throttling you'll get random shutdowns.
Also take a look where your iPhones are here.
Pro tip - not at the top.
gsmarena.com/battery-test.php3

I wish I could sell you some of those, since indecisive voters/buyers are just perfect to extract money from. And the fact that you're even considering paying around $700 or whatever the ridiculous amount it is for the XR which doesn't even have a 1080p display - tells me everything I need to know.

For those that have a lot of shit on their phones, how much storage do you use?

Some redmi note 6 pro user with custom ROM?
I want to now what's The best custom rom for that phone, i'm thinking in install superior OS or Syberia OS, i wanna try with lineage OS but they are no official support for tulip, maybe i can try a unofficial versión but they give me some fear because The two versions i saw don't usually hace updates

Attached: 69715382_1377179235796116_7831909448787427328_n.jpg (720x960, 28K)

I'm looking for used. We have a pretty solid used market in my country where the 8+ is 350-400 and the XR is around 500

>We have a pretty solid used market in my country where the 8+ is 350-400 and the XR is around 500
I mean, alright, but don't kid yourself or pretend that even those are good prices.

Battery replacement or just buy a new phone. Battery cases are for middle aged mom's who don't understand how batteries work.

Good NFC smartphone?
I'm currently on xiaomi redmi note 5
All I care:
- good battery
- NFC
- good enough screen for shitposting
I like my redmi it only misses NFC
I'm planning to use it to pay with my phone (Google pay?), Never tried it, but I have contacless card, which is comfy, I assume, it would be even more comfy to pay with a phone!
Btw, does NFC payments work with modded android? If so, then bonus points for a phone on which I can install custom ROM

Oh shit i forgot to mention A70 fingerprint scanner wasnt working

>try to update custom rom
>"dirty flash is fine, don't worry about it :^)"
>bootloop my phone because im a retard
>afraid to update ever since

Attached: 1553159201638.gif (602x476, 89K)

just get good lol

Did that cat peed himself in the bed!?
BAD CAT!

Kek this. Happened to me once, all the directory was fucked up and garbled characters appeared on everthing. Reflashing the rom fixed the problem

Just lol at buying note 9 when there is mi 9t or even pro half cheaper

What's the easiest phone to root and install and non bloated version of Android? I'm thinking about getting the OP7 but I'm not sure.

he's sad and scared
Its not his fault

>drove over my moto g5 with my car
>still werks except the screen is fucked
30 bucks plus installation time for a new screen or getting a g7 for 180 yurobucks, what do

>get a mi 9t
>camera pops up and closes after a second at random intervals
Mhm, I see.

Just keep one TWRP backup on your PC or on your SD card. This isn't only an issue with custom ROMs and sometimes a bad kernel will send your phone into a bootloop, but you just have to flash another and you won't lose any data.

What do you see? An accelerometer can trigger it to do that.

Are there any US sellers of phones that don't charge tax on California purchases? B&H used to be this way but it looks like things have changed. Want to buy the Nokia 7.2 when that comes out but Amazon, Best Buy, and B&H all charge sales tax in California.

Attached: el gato grande.jpg (550x604, 63K)

Did you know that newer Nokia models have a notification LED built into the power button?
That's actually pretty cool, and no one else does this, because this isn't something that can be copied from Apple. Well, and and it's patented by Nokia now, apparently.

Attached: dsc_1948.jpg (1500x1000, 78K)

>google.com/amp/s/
Post normal URLs instead of this cancer.
indiatoday.in/technology/news/story/nokia-4-2-notification-led-power-button-design-patent-trademark-1475092-2019-03-11

Saw too late, was lazy to change on a phone

I didn't read the whole thread but, what do (((I))) think about the new Mi Mix 4, Jow Forums?

Phone of the year 2019 by /spg/

My memory is fussy but the Mix 3 was available in Europe early this year right? So we are going to have this phone on stores next year?

Yeah... If i remember jan-feb

Is the V40 a good phone to buy now? IT can be had for less than £400. OR should I cough up an extra £200 and get a Note 9?

Attached: LG V40.jpg (1100x730, 77K)

Is the a50 the best midrange phone for $300? I want to replace my old s6

No such phone exists?
Sad

Attached: 1515908475193.jpg (600x600, 49K)

It's his fault he's sad and scared!
Damn pussy!

Mi9T

WARNING to everyone considering buying a Pixel 3a:

DON'T. DO. IT.

On paper it sounds like the perfect phone (aside from no microSD slot). Great camera, clean Android, headphone jack and a capable SoC for everyday use. One area this phone lacks in is fucking display brightness though, jfc it's fucking dim as fuck up to the point where it's literally unuseable in the sun, you literally can't see shit anymore, especially in dark mode.
Fingerprint sensor is also pretty slow and not the most reliable, another big gripe I have with the phone. But here comes the kicker: Wifi connectivity is absolute trash on my unit. Admittedly my signal strength is not the best but I never had issues with any other phone in the past, but this fucker keeps dropping wifi left and right and I feel like it got worse with Android 10 for some reason. Battery life is just okay but nothing to write home about.
For god's sake, keep your hands off of this shitty device.

Mi 9T pro yes or no? Never bought chinkshit so I'm a bit worried especially on the software side. Mi UI looks ugly.

I’d rather go Korean thanks.

>checking Xperia 5
>liking it until I notice it has no headphone jack
Oh here we fucking go.

Ok but I said already had one so you can fuck off

My 2nd Galaxy S5 battery is bloating. First was original. Also the battery I bought is samsung's originals. But factory new ofc.

It has been in heavy use and in constant charge for close up to a full year. At 100%.

My old battery lasted 3.5 years it wasnt in heavy use. Mostly doing nothing so lasted a full week cycles. Ex. over sunday-monday night to 100% then next sunday sitting near 0-20%.

I will continue use it bc it is only minor bloating but when I buy my 2nd new battery. I would like a charger that has smart charging feature to keep near 35% when plugged in.
So anyone know any smart phone chargers?

>hey stop giving me advice
>fuck off as if I'm trying to scam or something
Great logic.

Could someone make this with rasperry pie board? Charge from usb port and cut off power with wifi/bluetooth/usb-data-channel.
(too bad rasperry pie costs in the long run more than buying a new phone battery yearly. Or does it?)
t. samefag

Mi9T

Is redmi note 7 pro worthy upgrade from redmi note 4? I got the upgrade itch

Attached: hammer hit.webm (488x398, 243K)

Mi 9 T. Make sure it's the global version and not global rom. If you unlock the bootloader and install a custom ROM, you will need to download Magisk to hide that your bootloader is unlocked, otherwise Google Pay will not work.

About to get a redmi note 7. Will post results here. I bet someone is screen shotting all the reviews in these threads

What phone would you recommend?
- Pixel 3a
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- iPhone 8/xs
- some random xiaomi
I'm looking for a phone that has a great support for custom roms. iPhone if I don't find any.

what country/carrier?

Poland/PLAY
It's just an emergency option if I don't find a phone that satisfies me.

Mi9T Pro

redmi note 7 or wait for 8? mi 9 lite looks nice but costs too much

I have a GPS problem with my >iPhone6.

Whenever i use active navigation using apple maps or google maps my location is updated very slowly often meaning i miss turns. The phone also gets pretty warm during this time. It doesn't always happen does frequently enough that its unreliable.

A journey can start okay with functional navigation and then start experiencing the issue midway without any warning - causing many instances of getting lost.

Attached: 1542121065410.png (128x111, 23K)

Are there any new smartphones being made that still have a removable battery?

What do you guys think about android 10?

Attached: 1920px-Android_10_logo_2019.svg.png (1920x323, 23K)

Attached: Capture+_2019-09-16-19-11-01.png (1428x2622, 186K)

Mi9T

gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2018&idBatRemovable=1

What's a good messaging app? I tested out Signal but it has a file size limit, which is completely retarded in this day and age.

>What do you guys think about android 10?
This is great. As well as the built-in system wide dark mode.

Attached: 1568641645180.png (835x939, 305K)

Mi Mix 4 (and Mi 9 Pro) unveiling 24. September Jow Forumsents

Attached: Mi-Mix-4-Render1.jpg (1280x996, 109K)

How is the ricing/customization scene these days? Android's UI is a lot more sophisticated than it was a few years ago and I'm wondering if customization is a more complicated thing now

icon packs and launchers and shit are still a thing

How much will these be when they’re released?

yikes

Mi Mix 4 spec sheet is looking godlike. Now to wait for whatever the dealbreaker is because nothing is perfect.

actually, i take that back
the Nokia 2.2 looks interesting

>removable battery
>stock android
>micro sd slot
>small notch
>90EUR

very nice

>mediakek

>want to get Mi A3
>it's meh with it's screen
>want to get Nokia 7.2
>old processor

Fuck Mi 9T looks great, but no SD card and running on MIUI. I just want a decent midranger with stock android, Nokia 8.2's release seems too far away.

is MIUI still shit if you stick a launcher and an icon pack on it?