>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Group Buys
deskthority.net/viewforum.php?f=50
drop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Attached: mkg.jpg (1152x2048, 214K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg-bp2Cv9kg
files.catbox.moe/lk8yqf.opus
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for cherry corp sucks

Attached: dcc.jpg (640x480, 36K)

2nd for split columnar stagger.

Attached: IMG_20180926_161727.jpg (3100x1606, 830K)

Based bird
Even he knows cherry browns suck

Why the fuck would anyone want a bird with a beak that big? He could probably impale your finger and break bone

Why?

Any recommendations for cheap/decent (

y'all need jesus

i went to ebay to see if the discontinued keyboard I use has a used price that low but it turns out that it's 2x msrp.

Attached: 1549248807667.png (300x250, 33K)

I've been using a Unicomp ultra-classic for about a week now and I fucking love this thing. Probably my new favorite keyboard to type on, I have no idea how I forgot how good the buckling springs felt.

Attached: Unicomp-spacesaver-104.jpg (3988x1566, 1.25M)

DAT logo
Gotta admire the balls on Unicomp for sticking with that ugly thing for so long now.

Just bought another topre keyboard for work, bretty excited :D

Attached: 71S9KZ5gK9L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x721, 95K)

That's a cute bird, if he's yours what's his name? Can you give him some seed for me and ruffle his feathers? Love me some parrots!

Gergo if you know how to do a kit and don't mind bargin bin switches and caps without a case. Programmable though and ergo as fug. Otherwise some generic ass 60%

Brought to you by the Kailh gang.

Yeah man, the clack is fucking sex on a stick. Shame it sounds like BRRRRRRRRRT. :/

Attached: JPEG_20190915_141016.jpg (4032x3024, 821K)

rip discontinued keyboard. thanks for checking fren!

It actually is cleaned up on newer ultra-classics at least

Attached: Logo.jpg (4032x1960, 2.11M)

>BRRRRRRRRRT
Wot

>look for QMK keyboards, user, they're great, user, no excuse to not use QMK keyboards on Linux, user!
>it's some retarded ergo meme keyboards or small hipster like trash
This is "install gentoo" for keyboards, thank god, you can see result before falling for meme.
You guys, suck!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg-bp2Cv9kg

I mean you can do a full-size board with QMK (I have a satisfaction75 on my shelf), it's just less useful. When you start fucking with layers, taps and that shit it makes sense for a smaller board. On a large one it's a touch useless.

Attached: croissant.png (623x593, 32K)

This is a fucking reddit post if I've ever seen one.

> "Hey guys look my stupid bird is pulling keys off my keyboard, but instead of doing something I took a picture. Upvotes to the left." faggot

I think this is sauce:

Birds love destroying keyboards.

Attached: 6455278385.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

is this the machine gun kelly thread?

Before I blew up the image my brain decided that was a polar bear

how are the unicomp model ms?

>start fucking with layers taps
What?

Layers, tap dance, dual function keys, etc. The shit that makes tiny keyboards not fucking useless.

QMK shines on those, on larger boards it's a little useless as you have way more keys and don't need to resort to that fuckery. Smaller boards means less hand movement.

Like, you don't need a Numpad if holding A turns the right side of the board into a numpad and shit like that.

Anyone here tried Kailh chocs? I want to build some split board, and some pcb's offer choc support. What I hate on most mechanical memeboards is that the profile is far too high, i.e. I want something with keys in a low position, absolute max height is pic rel.
Any alternative ideas are also very much appreciated (except dactyl stuff, I'm planning to do that anyway).

Attached: DELL KEYBOARD 2.jpg (1664x932, 280K)

Some people actually enjoy actuation and release at the same point.

that's not the reason why browns suck imo, actuation is far to sharp and too high up

Aren't we lucky to have so (too?) many options.

Are these fancy keyboards mainly for gamers or people that actually do things?

yeah, call me when there's an option of a cherry or alps mount soft rubber-dome feely key, because that's unironically what I want

Gergo, SMD and is one of the lowest height boards with chocs. That's my daily driver folded on itself. Anything that uses a promicro and top mounts it (crkbd, Lily) should be fine as well.

Attached: JPEG_20190911_225405.jpg (4032x3024, 873K)

Wow. Maybe try o-rings, but use multiple per key?

>buy chink shit as a stop gap due to hating rubber domes
>actually like the thing
>tempted to invest in keycaps for it
>know what Jow Forums will think

Attached: Drevo-Calibur-71-RGB-7.jpg (2398x1672, 172K)

Thanks for the recs, I considered trying a gergo. Also, in case you are the gergo-man, could you make it more clear on the store page what "includes everything you need" actually means? Like what exactly is in the package.

will try, but still, I want a proper soft tactile switch

It's like... A dumb phone keyboard...
idk how useful/efficient that is compared to full keyboard... I mean, pressing one button to input number vs 2 buttons...
From all the years of shitposting, I have mental map of standard 100% qwerty keyboard (superior ISO layout, obviously) and moving hands to key isn't an issue not you move your hands that often anyway... I mean, all letters are under your fingertips
Unless you have really small hands, like babyhands, still think it's a meme keyboards for hipsters
i.e. how would I benefit from QMK while using VIM or EMACS? (yeah, I use them both, one as text editor, other as IDE)

Buckling springs might be loud as fuck, but at least it's a good sound. At least in my opinion. Bolt modding does improve the sound a bit, though.

files.catbox.moe/lk8yqf.opus

What are /mkg/'s opinions on ISO vs ANSI vs JIS vs whatever else there is?
I'm from Europe so for a lomg time the only thing I knew was ISO, but then I got pic related and iI fell in love with the ANSI Return key. I still prefer the ISO Left Shift, since the distance from A to ISO Left Shift is the same as from ; to Right Shift.
When it comes to JIS, I like their bottom row (I feel space bars are needlessly big on most keyboards. The optimum Bottom row layout would be CtrlL Fn SuperL AltL 3rdLvlShift Space 3rdLvlShift AltR SuperR Menu CtrlR), but not their small Backspace and Right Shift.

What do you guys think?

Attached: 20190820_223004.jpg (3264x2448, 1.72M)

Attached: 1561774673721.png (629x809, 360K)

I hate ANSI
>press enter:/

>need to press /:
/
-------------------------------
I also like \ and pipe | on ISO keyboards next to rshift. It's so much comfier when using pipe in terminal.
t. europoor

because not everyone is a pussy. I hate 2 of these parrots and they can bite really hard but not that hard. they might be able to break a pinky but that's it.

based parrot is trashing brown shit switches and ABS caps!

>rshift
Meant left shift
How the fuck I wrote rshift
Did I fucking imagined I'm a keyboard being sexually harrased by some typist?

I agrree on the ISO left shift, but how do you mix up / and enter? / is between . and right shift on both ISO and ANSI.

Just get a logitech K120 and use the QMK converter then.

should i get happy hacking pfu lite2?

I mean, they're cherry mount keys. They'll go back on just fine. If anything it's anti-reddit since the guy clearly isn't worried about the fucking like resale value of keys to change sets every couple months.

I'm using Gergo-man's 12g chocs (except for 15g thumbs) in my Georgi. Great shit. It's legitimately pocket sized. Not like just as a hypothetical thing either, I literally carry it to work in my front jeans pocket. Fits without sticking out the top and just prints like a moderately bulky phone.

IIRC you just need to provide switches, caps, and cables for either of the two kits (obviously you don't need to provide switches or caps for either of the two ready options). All the other shit like the diodes and controller and shit is included.

If you're doing a kit, make sure to get the 12g springs and the modifier keycaps (so you have your 1.5u keys) too. Then you can swap the springs yourself into choc red switches from NovelKeys and fill out the rest of the caps with their 1u keys.

Correct me if I'm wrong though Gergo-man. Also, will we ever see a Gergo that abandons Cherry support to have gap-free choc?

Wrong slash
I'm on the phone currently

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 144K)

I'll probably get most expensive keyboard my local store has. (It's Logitech 915)

So GergoPlex is going to be the 'no compromises' board. You bet your dong that fuckers gonna be choc only.

Writing this on my Logitech K120 ;)

>go to the r/mk discord for help on an issue
>open the faces/selfies channel
>it's literally all man-faced trannies taking super lewd photos

Attached: 1539763929171.png (198x212, 81K)

Well, discord is tranny tech.
It's like complaining about gays in gay bar.

Pretty good. Not quite the original but pretty damn close. I really like mine

Friendly reminder that there is absolutely no valid excuse for using an unlubed linear or tactile or using click jacket switches in the event you spent more than $40 on the board.
If you do you are a subhuman.
No Ducky, varmilo, Anne, vortex are not "good boards".

Attached: bff69cf.jpg (2560x1556, 501K)

Save your money till you can afford a leopold with doubleshot pbt keycaps

Which cable is that you're using?

I have no idea what you're saying.
But so you know, I'll be spending over 200€ for gaymer keyboard with RGB and cherry mx brown switches
I like cherry mx brown switches
And what you gonna do about this?
I may be a subhuman, but a subhuman with cool keyboard I like typing on.

p.s.
You're keyboard looks like shit!
Not even nice RGB and boring white colour + telephone cable!

Depends. They're usually marketed towards gamers but there is really nothing to suggest they get any benefit out of it, gamers are just braindead, easy to market consumers.
Types generally get the most benefit from the comfort and tactility of one but that's all still just preference

Typers not types

holy shit

Attached: 1549144364708.jpg (1080x1920, 780K)

Lube your linears
Lube your tactiles and domes
Don't use click jacket, use click bar
Naked hotswap boards can be had for less than $60, lube for $10, switches for $25.
Already have a prebuilt from when you were ignorant? No problem! Weller soldering iron is $40, Engineer ss02 solder sucker is $25. It is trivially easily to desolder a keyboard, you will only need to spend 2-3 minutes skimming a video to learn.
I'm not going to do anything, some people spend $200 on alcohol. You're the one who is going to end up with the same keyfeel as a $30 magicforce.
It doesn't have a specific name like a corsair k1000 rgb v2 any of the five thousand faggots selling "custom" cables can make the exact cable.

Attached: mqbsd71c84701.jpg (1080x1350, 136K)

The best part about Mechanical Keyboards is the community! Wouldn't you agree!?

Attached: fuel-for-the-ovens.png (388x1001, 445K)

any news on choc keycaps that actually look nice and have a cool design?
also what about the cherry low profile ones? when will they be accessible for us.

This shit is why I stay far away from r/mk and just stick to shitposting with you faggots

Transvestites happen, they're sick. I no longer find it overly funny.
What I do find fucking hilarious are the men that "fuck" these other men pretending to be women.
That is who I want to identify.
inb4 zeal of zealios is married to a girly boy.

yet another company giving into the opressive tyranny of whiny entitled losers. Unicomp should have kept the old logo and made it even bigger and more obnoxious to filter out the normies

these trannies are disgusting, but who wouldnt fuck a cute one?

>zeal of zealios is married to a girly boy
post pic pls

Attached: D7a25P0XkAA6Xah.png (1536x2048, 3.3M)

pic unrelated btw

Mkg: Come for the clack, stay for the trap.

Attached: f4d.png (469x350, 150K)

have sex

Attached: DqwPXXgXQAMsLLX~2.png (1853x2011, 3.5M)

They don't have a vagina, they won't feel or smell the same as a real girl laying on/next to you. Their hair wont be as nice, their thighs and tits won't feel as good. Most importantly they do not have a vagina.
I have not touched or sexed a girl since my exgf and i broke up in 2011 and I STILL wouldn't even talk to a tranny let alone actually touch one.

>They don't have a vagina
good
>they won't feel or smell the same as a real girl
>Their hair wont be as nice,
not true. thats about all hormones do
>their thighs and tits won't feel as good
disagree
>Most importantly they do not have a vagina
good
>I have not touched or sexed a girl since my exgf and i broke up in 2011
incel
>I STILL wouldn't even talk to a tranny let alone actually touch one.
ok retard

Attached: D7u5M7IWwAA9_9i.png (1536x2048, 3.1M)

WHY HAS MY CLICKITY CLACKITY AUTISM THREAD TURNED INTO TRANNY DISCUSSION

I thought I was also an incel. However the incels ban me and called me a volcel fakecel because I'm not a virgin.
So I'm just like you!
Do you prefer linears or tactiles?

Attached: magna-bomb.jpg (4160x3120, 1006K)

fair enough. im using a red clone right now, but i really miss tactility. i ordered a model f reproduction, but it won't come in until october. what about you, fren?

Attached: D3DFfw1X4AAqdI_.png (497x663, 528K)

I planned, for a very long time, to build an expensive tactile MX board. I was talked into ordering a topre first since they're so much cheaper and I might prefer it to MX tactiles.
I did, still have them both, used it for a long time.
Then I desoldered one of my prebuilts and soldered in carefully lubed gateron blacks and it's all I use now. I'm convinced that lubed linears are the best switch.

if you're gonna post trannies at least post good looking ones not these smooth skin filtered man chin freaks

>I planned, for a very long time, to build an expensive tactile MX board
me too. either kailh box royals or kailh box navys. however, i couldnt decide on a pcb, so i procrastinated. then the model f repro run started up
>topre
ive never tried them but i really want to know what all the hype is about
>lubed gateron blacks
desu that does sound really nice. pics?

because trannies are hot, bro

lul stay mad

Attached: IMG_5163.jpg (3456x4608, 1.76M)

never mind put the smooth skin filter back on I can see the five o clock

Attached: 1555451828653.png (3000x3000, 541K)

how about i post one of our own

Attached: ishi-2.jpg (2576x1932, 1.14M)

literally a dude with a wig and makeup
the media is really fucking up people holy shit

yeah (((they))) are, but muh dick tho

Attached: 1557279309803.jpg (1920x1080, 181K)

I just don't expand questionable images. It's really revolting when you realize it's actually a man so there is no real reason to look.
Lubed linears are very inexpensive and easy to access if you want them. There is no image I can really show you.
A simple and easily accessible option, cheap too, would just be to buy a GMMK compact with gateron blacks. Get keycaps from them, use what you have, or ideally buy gateron blanks from mk.com or aliexpress. Also buy small paint brushes from amazon and lastly a lube from either novelkeys or 1upkeyboards. I used 3204. Should be able to get it all for under $100 depending on keycaps.
Then you just open the switches one by one, paint a thin layer of lube on the stem(youtube for guide, i only do the stem), snap the switch back together and plug that shit into the gmmk.
I wish people were more educated. So many are buying like ducky and all kinds of other shit. We can finally access the switch before using them easily and cheapily with hotswap.
That means anyone with minimal effort can have BOX click bar, a lubed linear, ergoclears, jailhouse blues, holy pandas for cheap. Yet they don't. They spend $100 for a board that feels the same as a $27 tomoko with outemu browns or blacks.

My only problem with most hotswap boards is that they tend to be floating switch, which is a shame in my opinion

That's a 50,000 dollar medical bill in America though

>smooth skin filter
Is that you Raul?

Attached: 434.jpg (551x640, 40K)

any good keyboard like pic related?
I really need one with colored keys

Attached: s33npkhlf9711.jpg (4032x3024, 1.14M)

true
not if you have insurance, poorfag

Attached: 41DWUQTFNzL.jpg (500x298, 31K)

I couldn't agree more. There are some exceptions I just cannot think of the name.
If the GMMK was simply a costar TKL(think the old roswill, cooler master standard looking tkl) I would suggest the fuck out of it.
However soldering and desoldering is obscenely easy. I spend less than $70 for all the tools and solder. I had my first switch out with in 5 minutes of turning on the iron and finished the board no problems.

I think there are some hotswap PCBs you can buy from kbdfans that are compatible with cases like the tofu or TADA's case. Bit overpriced if you ask me, though, but certainly maybe worth it if you don't have time for desoldering.

Gross, it's licking the keys.

>finally have a chance in budget to get a realforce and BKE redux extremes
>can only find the fucking RGB realforce
>can't find any BKE extremes in stock
>no hi-pro in ANSI layout a n y w h e r e
Hold me vros

Attached: 1567632072243.png (354x360, 37K)

Track down a set of GMK Handarbeit

Attached: jjVdyBY[1].jpg (3072x1728, 215K)

You could get MX sliders and get that MG profile (essentially hipro but MX mount) keyset off assdrop if you don't think the hi pros are going to be in stock any time soon.