Previous thread:
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of Windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4 (embed)
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j (embed)
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt (embed)

Attached: 1538730682016.jpg (660x700, 171K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rXfOv9PEndA?t=40
pastebin.com/CwVakEWk
3dmark.com/fs/20456756
youtube.com/watch?v=HpaqwFxOREw
tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/command-line-for-beginners#0
askubuntu.com/questions/307280/how-do-i-install-applications-in-ubuntu
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What is the best ebook reader for windows?

no

can rakka do a kamehameha

why can't I make a bootable exFAT usb in rufus?

Can I use regular ddr3 rams in machines designed for ddr3l? Or is ddr3l backwards compatible only but not the other way round?

Probably not the place for this but whilst I am browsing Jow Forums I might as well ask, what the fuck is this meme scream called that I keep hearing. I remember it from my childhood, is it a Mortal Kombat sound effect? It's like the Wilhelm scream but funnier.

youtu.be/rXfOv9PEndA?t=40
0:40 on the video

hello i did the needful in c++ and moved my struct outside of main
but funciton no longer works
help

post code you megatard

pastebin.com/CwVakEWk

missing a semicolon after your struct definition
your compiler can tell you this

thx beutifully

So... I heard that there is an attack that can be used against encrypted file systems: if there is a known file inside it, this increases the chance of the key being discovered.
I also heard that files can be crafted so that the process is made easier; not instant, but maybe feasible.
So, what security is there in an OS installation (Google knows which one you are using) and its trillion known files?

I want to nakadashi Rakka

A technical break of cryptosystem is when you need less effort than brute force.
Eg: If you should have 200-bits of security, but some technical break means that only 199-bits of effort is needed.
199-bits is still a practically impossible amount of effort.

In conclusion: Need details to figure whether this attach means anything at all.

Is there any anime girl that you wouldn't want to nakadashi?

Attached: 92.jpg (285x279, 13K)

I need a program for Windows that will start on boot up and ring a small alarm every 30 minutes, and nothing more

so write one?
i mean, if you can't write something like that, why do you even have a computer?

>why do you even have a car if you don't know how to make your own aftermarket parts

more like, if you can't drive, why do you have a car? (as opposed to hoping your friend can drive you somewhere)

Even if I have a car sometimes I'd rather not go through the effort of navigating a convoluted place I'll only visit once, finding parking, etc.

why doesn't linux install programs to one directory like a normal system but instead spreads shit everywhere so you can't install them on a separate partition like everyone does in windows to not have to redownload everything if your system fails and you have to format the partition and reinstall system? or you can't remove shit like a normal human being by deleting one folder leftovers but instead you have stuff spread in a six gorillion places
and people say leftover windows registry entries are bad

>so you can't install them on a separate partition like everyone does in windows
this has never been something people need to do with linux
and even then, large components like game data files can be put somewhere else if needed
> to not have to redownload everything if your system fails and you have to format the partition and reinstall system?
keep your package cache
> or you can't remove shit like a normal human being by deleting one folder leftovers but instead you have stuff spread in a six gorillion places
use your package manager

Is this a telephoto or supertele lens?
>58mm f/2

Attached: PSX_20190915_220050.jpg (2000x1994, 727K)

Even her cat, because a cat is fine too.

58mm is a normal lens for 35mm, only way it'd be a telephoto is if you connected it to a 1/3" sensor

If you install from the source code, then pretty much everything will be in the “build” folder. It’s why I never download software from the manager anymore.

Servers that you rent are as safe as servers you own as long as you have your security protocols up to date, right? Or it is better to have your servers physically accessible?

Is spinning down drives after a certain time of inactivity in windows going to help or hurt their lifespan?

I have a Vega 56 Pulse, Ryzen 3600, 16GB RAM, B450 Tomahawk MAX and a 500GB SSD, stock speeds
I can't maintain over 60fps on Dark Souls 3 at 1080p ultra, which seems completely fucked as people with weaker specs can do much more

just ran Time Spy through Steam and got a score of 4505, the fucking CPU was dropping to 5fps on the tests and I never maintained above 60 on the GPU tests
is this all normal or is my GPU/CPU fucked? I turned freesync off for the test also

www.3dmark.com/spy/8554671

Attached: wut.png (1352x866, 840K)

>I can't maintain over 60fps on Dark Souls 3 at 1080p ultra, which seems completely fucked as people with weaker specs can do much more
Can't maintain 60fps at 1440p at high/ultra with a GTX 1080. Drop some settings.

how would a faggot go about setting out a seamless linux vm under w10?
i want to run some software through the vm but operate the vm's programs alongside the native windows ones, not in a dedicated single window

just did this, was running at 1920x1080, seems better but I'm still at a loss here

3dmark.com/fs/20456756

Attached: op.png (1345x773, 402K)

Anyone know why my radeon settings opens like 20 times

(yes I have hovered over them and they are still there and clickable)

Attached: 111111.png (160x128, 6K)

you might want to consider using WSL instead.

If I splice a laptop cooling fan into USB Type-C, will the fan run faster?

Attached: 1565973750104.gif (493x342, 480K)

Why is it so hard to deal with window managers instead of desktop environments? File associations to programs are a pain in the ass to setup. GUI functionality bugs out. File associations are mixed between web browser and file browser. Can't open desktop files through the terminal naturally, have to install some random package or use a GUI file browser.

any ideas what to do with an old HP Mini 210-2000?
thought of making in my home server desu

Attached: fo-chi-a-nnnn.gif (300x100, 37K)

>framerate dropping to 57 and 53 at lowest on low fucking settings on Dark Souls 3
>with a Vega 56, Ryzen 3600 and 16GB RAM

this is a joke, what the fuck is going on here

what the fuck. of course not

Attached: 10380449_20181210073410.jpg (450x487, 63K)

>be on wikipedia on mobile
>suddenly headings can't be used to hide subtopics; they're always shown, like the desktop site
>affects most of the wiki pages I'm reading
What is this bug?

come on guys I don't have all day ;_;

What's the best gaming laptop less than $1800

I've got money to blow and can't compromise on the portability

when i merge the origin main branch to my branch, then squash, how the fuck do i get all the changes that happened in between made by others - as changes that i made?! what am i doing wrong bros?!

Studying for Cisco cert. I feel retarded and doubt myself a lot. Right now on the concept of hexadecimals. Holy shit I still kinda don't get it.

Guise pls gib halp

>PC shits itself
>I didn't have any internet anyway I only muh gaymes
>Dig out old PS3
>Most of the games I have have no longevity
>But GTAV does
>Put it in
>Story mode loading for 10 minutes
>Go into game files
>See file from 2019 and delete it
>All of the others are from 2017 at the earliest
>It loads
>Replay a mission
>It just loads indefinitely again after completing it
>Go back to saved games
>See it created another 2019 file and see one I'd missed previously
>Delete them both
>Now it crashes the whole system
>Restart it
>Have to recalibrate the brightness, but it loads
>Get wasted
>Respawn
>I don't remember being able to see the subway tracks beneath me from here
>Realize the ground and most of the buildings haven't generated
>This has happened before, it just takes a few seconds to catch up
>Leave it for 15 minutes
>Turn it off and go to bed when I acknowledge it isn't going to work

What the fuck is up with it? It was working fine for a few days.
The only thing that changed in between was that I have the PS3 standing vertical and had left a couple of game cases over the top vent. Every time I tried to load it it would just stop spinning, the screen would go black, and the PS button wouldn't work. But once I'd noticed my error and removed them it loaded fine again.
So just to repeat myself what the fuck is up with it? Is it memed permanently?

You might have to delete and reinstalled system32. Might be corrupted.

Who is the cutest Haibane?

Attached: Haibane.Renmei.full.207687.jpg (1280x1024, 180K)

Could I ask that you please keep the bullying to a minimum.

You're counting to F instead of 9.

>Right now on the concept of hexadecimals.
16 is a multiple of 2 so converting between base 2 and base 16 is super clean. Just think of base 16 as a base 2 shorthand (that's all people use it as, anyways).
0000 - 0
0001 - 1
0010 - 2
0011 - 3
0100 - 4
0101 - 5
0110 - 6
0111 - 7
1000 - 8
1001 - 9
1010 - A
1011 - B
1100 - C
1101 - D
1110 - E
1111 - F

Example conversions
0101010 -> 010 1010 -> 0010 1010 -> 2A
0001010101001010 -> 0001 0101 0100 1010 -> 154A
4C -> 0100 1100 -> 01001100 -> 1001100
55F67B0 -> 0101 0101 1111 0110 0111 1011 0000 -> 0101010111110110011110110000 -> 101010111110110011110110000

Where should I start learning to buy / sell bitcoins?

Attached: 1506524439910.gif (354x534, 208K)

or even better, mine them?

Step 1: buy a time machine

I can't think of any right now, I'll email you if I think of anyone.

Okay, sorry.

why is my GPU and CPU running way under what it should? CPU is brand new, all cores seem to be working too
this is fucked

www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/20196187

Attached: what the fuck.png (1440x600, 152K)

How do I get unicode working on Windows 7? I'm using Ultimate SP1, 64-bit.

Attached: 1568604703944[1].jpg (296x126, 11K)

Step 0: don't be a retarded lazy faggot, monitor stonks and use your brain so you don't have to do step 1

Okay, this makes sense. I just have to memorize this. Thanks

Step 2: dont be a scammer like this guy telling you to invest in bitcoin in 2,019.00 to line his pockets

I'm posting in this thread because Rakka is in the OP.

thats why you don't invest your entire wallet into btc, only like 100$ and then wait months, years to make more out of it
also stocks just don't fall in split second

Putting this in the new thread since the old one died right after I posted it.

Are there any general guidelines/brands to follow or trust when it comes to webcams?

I don't need anything fancy, just decent functionality even if the lighting is shit. Surely something could be had for $50 or less that isn't a total scam?

suppose I have a piece of html going like
well nested into other divs
using beautifulsoup I can filter the html page to this section with findAll('a', class_="something"), but how do I get the values of the following variables name and color?

HOW DO REMOVE THE FUCKING UGLY ANNOYING LITTLE CHAIN/LINK SYMBOL THAT AUTOMATICALLY GETS ADDED TO AN ICON WHEN YOU PUT IT ON THE DESKTOP IN KDE PLASMA REEEEE

Does 60fps have less tearing on 120hz+ than on a 60hz panel?

I haven't used a webcam since I used to go on MSN, but I never had any problems with my based Logitech. I can only assume the quality has improved since. You should easily be able to pick one up for less than $50. I think I paid 25GBP for the one I'm talking about and that was about 15 years ago.

tearing can happen at framerate if the frames arent in sync

Here's a guy who uses a Logitech G9xx whatever, like many other Youtubers.

youtube.com/watch?v=HpaqwFxOREw

You might have throttling going on with your CPU/GPU.

I got a Hitachi Ultrastar 7k3000 in new condition for $30, just had a question.

The drive itself is new usage wise, but old in the sense that it's from 2012.

Will this drive work well even if it's old, and is it true that Hitachi made really good drives?

I've hooked up my Mac Book to a monitor but it looks like shit in comparison. A lot of the text is either jaggy or blurred. It's through Thunderbolt 2 to HDMI and I've tried other monitors with VGA which look fine.

Why is this happening? Is it the monitor or the cable?

No-one has been able to answer this question.

Attached: mac monitor text.png (278x47, 5K)

>mfw I have a Hitachi Deskstar from 2005 right here and it's been working well for the last 14 years

It's only 160gb because it came with a very old desktop, but it still works for storage and whatever else I need to keep on it.

>plugging in the power cable to my laptop results in a weird sound and then power cutting itself off
Laptop isn't booting, what issue could this be?

I have bad WiFi signal in my room and although it seems to be fast on speedtest or when downloading torrents, it actually has lagspikes and packet loss which is shit for gaming and voice chat.

It's not my connection, on Ethernet or in other rooms it's really solid.

I can't get Ethernet in my room, so I'm torn between buying an 80€ wifi mesh kit from TP-Link or an 120€ powerline adapter from Devolo.
I know powerlines are hit and miss but Devolo actually goes over the ground wire so it "just works" I mean they call their product 'magic'.
Are wifi meshes any good for latency? It's cheaper

Is there a brainlet guide anywhere for Ubuntu? I don't have a fucking clue how to use these terminals or anything. Whenever I use them I have to hope someone has written out what I need and I can just copy and paste it.

>Download program with terminal
>Install with terminal (or I think that's what I did)
>Close terminal
>Immediately closes program
>Leave terminal open next time
>Have terminals everywhere
>Get them all confused
>Poweroff in wrong terminal
>Entire computer crashes

Are things specifically made like this so glakes like me can't enjoy them?

post temps/power while you benchmark (use hwmonitor), you sound like you're throttling for some reason

please google

tutorials.ubuntu.com/tutorial/command-line-for-beginners#0

askubuntu.com/questions/307280/how-do-i-install-applications-in-ubuntu

if you just want to run a command without opening a whole terminal to go with it, just use alt+f2

Can you use smartphone functions without a smartphone, while maintaining the same level of user friendliness? Like, what would you use for these things:

- Calendar/agenda (with easy way to backup data)
- Taking notes (with easy way to backup data)
- Alarm (without messing around with those little buttons to get an alarm set)
- SSH/VNC-ing into home PC (without lugging around a laptop)
- Etc

Basically trying to figure out how to replace my smartphone as much as possible, without losing too much convenience.

Question:
Can someone point me towards something explaining how to send calls to different PC components (fans, ram, gpu), on WINDOWS

Im trying to write a tool that would allow me to control PC component RGBs from different manufacturers (corsair fans, which are connected through commander pro, vengence ram, and msi gpu). So far, using iCue SDK I managed to change colors of ram and fans without iCue running in the background, however I have read that it is possible to send commands directly to those components through motherboard calls, which in my case would be cleaner. Didn't yet manage to get to the gpu.
Ultimately I want to have command line controls for my precious RGBs and possibly temps and other stats of sick rig that I have built to compensate for my small penis.

PC spec:
-MB: Aorus x570 pro
-GPU: RTX2070S
-FANS: Corsair ML PRO RGB

What's the best smartwatch for android? I have a tech addiction and money to spare.

Attached: 5al3htpvlus01.gif (500x281, 852K)

Amazfit Bip? Though I'd just go with a mi band 4, set waifu on display & call it a day.

can anyone direct me to an example C# that moves a window around the screen, maybe running away from the mouse? I know someone must have done it but after a search on github and a google I have given up. I'm not really sure where you should look for specific programs like this.

Attached: cucks.jpg (640x909, 107K)

I have a Mi band 2. it's pretty good because I value battery life a lot but I wanted something that can actually show me notifications and let me fast forward songs etc. Was thinking about the galaxy watch but I don't know which reviews are unbiased and which are not.

Attached: 1508354160153.webm (700x392, 2.9M)

Thank you friends!

Python question:

I'm following a book and one of the tasks has me:
1. Create a list of people to invite to some party
2. Remove a guest from the list
3. Print an update to each person saying that that person cannot come

Can anyone figure out why when I .pop(0) guest_list it only shows 'B' and not 'Bill Gates'

Attached: tempsnip.png (1651x526, 46K)

Are there any good mutli-function printers (preferably monochrome laser) that are relatively cheap? I've got an HP Officejet Pro 8710 (not my choice, what I have available to me) that I'm about to chuck through a third story window because HP's "Scan to Network Folder" function is broken as fuck. Do any MFP manufacturers have good support for SMBv3 and accounts with passwords? Because it seems like even though you can enable SMBv3 with this printer, it isn't really supported.

I'm just used to working with Kyocera business copiers where you plug in the settings and it just fucking works. Why is HP so fucking imcompetent?

Can anyone give me a solid solution for converting .wmv to .avi? I used to use prism but that shit sucks dick.

Dunno off hand but replacing emblem-important-symbolic.svg with a blank image sounds like it might work.

>Can anyone give me a solid solution for converting .* to .*?
ffmpeg. The answer is always ffmpeg.

Maybe you have to install a font that has the emoticons. If that is Windows Explorer, copy and paste something from Japanese Wikipedia as a file name. If the name sticks, then you do not have a font with the emoticons.
Otherwise, you might be missing Japanese fonts too. I don't remember how fonts are in Windows 7, but I believe even XP supports Unicode out of the box.

I swear by my trusty Logitech M90 wired mouse. Years of use, and it refuses to die.

The future.
It's... Beautiful...

op here. it makes it into a string. not sure how to make it form another list once .pop has been completed. any help guys? looking online for tutorials

Asian filenames work. I'm guessing it's because those filenames are emojis? But then I have this, which isn't the case at all. What font would I need that has this?
꧁௵꧂

Attached: 5f38fa45fb[1].jpg (96x116, 5K)

Hot tip, the 4 hexadecimal characters that render in boxes for improper Unicode *are* the Unicode character.
>꧁
A9C1 is in the Javanese block.
>꧂
A9C2 is also in the Javanese block.

Attached: here's what they're meant to look like.png (412x327, 22K)

First of all, is it rendered in your browser?
Those characters seem to be from Javanese.
I believe Windows 10 has the fonts for all languages it supports installed by default.