Why are people putting up with this assrape as a service bullshit?

Why are people putting up with this assrape as a service bullshit?

Attached: 19207-cancel-subscriptions.jpg (3024x2016, 389K)

You forget Plex which Jow Forums shills instead of based jellyfin.

>Convenience is king!
What specifically are you asking about?

SaaS is ass BUT it does make support companies a hell of a lot easier. It's an aid against companies using purchased software versions that are 3, 5, 8, 12+ plus years old with no support contract and no way to get patches or download media. Serial keys are easily lost, often times the original executable or disk has to be kept. Or the activation flags it as in use with no support to be able to unlock it.

Companies feel so inclined to use a one time purchase suite of software until they die at their desk chair. It's hard to track, hard to manage, hard to support and just plain sucks when migrating machines.

Because you can cancel any of these at any time.

>Supporting companies
Hahahahaha spoken like a true redditor.

Data they've mined off your ass doesn't go anywhere.

Oh shit I didn't think of that.... ohshitohshitohshitohshitoshit

Some random shift guy in an electronics store i was talking too, just built a 80tb nas and is using the streaming services as an ends to a means to rip all the 4k/1080p high quality content off of them and dumping it onto thier own personal streaming server.

He said in the long run it would work out about the same price if not cheaper but at least he would have content control. Sounds like a bit of a loose canon to me, i could never condone this kind of shit. He justifed it by suggesting that when he simply paid a few bucks a month for huge library on one or two services it wasnt worth all the effort to do it, but now thats changed as there are a dozen services all charging 9.99 or 14.99 or 19.99 a month, so he isnt going to spend hundreds of dollars a month on this crap. he said thats the exact reason he dumped cable and got a cheap streaming service in the first place.

He was buying half a dozen cheap 10tb hard drives in caddys and doing something called shucking, he claims the drives are the same as enterprise drives but sometimes half the price, which sounds like some shady drugs stuff to me.

I hope they backtrace it and the cyberpolice get him, sounds like an evil terrorist to me.

NAME TWO THINGS WRONG WITH SPOTIFY

HURR HURR,, YOU CAN'T

Attached: 1568579692412.jpg (596x596, 70K)

Why should I cancel my Gym membership?

>Dropbox
I use a Raspi as my personal cloud storage
>Moviepass
Pirate, altho Moviepass is a decent deal
>Squarespace
I use Digital Ocean and Wordpress (Yeah I know it's not much better)
>Los Angelos Times
Read something else
>Spotify
I keep my music on my phone thanks
>Adobe Creative Cloud
Easier to pirate than ever
>Planet Fitness
There's a gym in my apartment building for free
>Netflix
Pirate
>Hulu
Pirate
>Prime
I can wait

I know this is bait but I'll bite:
1) What happens when Spotify goes down temporarily and you're unable to listen to the playlist you made until they get their servers back up, which may take a fucking while?
2) What happens when Spotify goes out of business and you lose all of your shit permanently?
3) What if someone hacks into your account and deletes it and all your playlists along with it?

4) How the fuck can you back up all your shit that you spent a decent amount of money on in case any of the above happens and you want to keep an offline copy of your shit?

Only a retard wouldn't consider things like this when it comes to their music collection they supposedly want to keep for a long period of time.

I don't have

Attached: H A Y A T O.jpg (720x720, 76K)

>1) What happens when Spotify goes down temporarily and you're unable to listen to the playlist you made until they get their servers back up, which may take a fucking while?
offline mode

2) What happens when Spotify goes out of business and you lose all of your shit permanently?
Move to something else

3) What if someone hacks into your account and deletes it and all your playlists along with it?
I'd probably kill myself

4)4) How the fuck can you back up all your shit that you spent a decent amount of money on in case any of the above happens and you want to keep an offline copy of your shit?
Just move to another streaming service, it's not hard

Dude, no one is going to hack your account just to delete your playlists unless there hacker is a 14 yr old shit old; in which case, you probably deserve it lol

Also, the major streaming services having file transfer agreements that allow for users to port over their shit from one place to another. What makes you think that the other services don't have a shadow profile of you already?

>Spotify

Do you retards manually download each song that you listen to? The snowflakes on this board man..

cringe

>I hope they backtrace it and the cyberpolice get him, sounds like an evil terrorist to me.
You're a fucking faggot, this guy is redpilled as fuck and isn't paying you kikes anymore for your bullshit

>data mining
>can't use any of the songs on it in any meaningful way
i know the second one is hard for you to imagine since streaming services are all about consume consume consume but it's never been easier to produce amateur shit for no reason other than personal satisfaction

???

Elaborate on this, what sort of witchcraft have you done with your music that makes you special?

I've made millions off of cucks like you. shut the fuck up.

it doesn't have to make me special. endlessly consuming content doesn't make you satisfied retard. people were born to make shit, not just shovel other people's shit down your throat.

The fuck have you made then ??? These do not sound like your own thoughts.

>I know this is bait but I'll bite:
>1) What happens when Spotify goes down temporarily and you're unable to listen to the playlist you made until they get their servers back up, which may take a fucking while?

I download the playlist I want to listen too, I don't have to have data or wifi to listen to these. There server can be down too.

>2) What happens when Spotify goes out of business and you lose all of your shit permanently?

Your job to have an offline archive of music outside of Spotify

>4) How the fuck can you back up all your shit that you spent a decent amount of money on in case any of the above happens and you want to keep an offline copy of your shit?
The monthly fee goes toward the active use of the software and service for the active month.
Archiving of music is on you to buy seperate and keep.

>pay for Spotify AND Have to still make a local rip of all your music anyways
Why even use Spotify

>Hear about new album
>Search Spotify
>Listen
>Enjoy
>Purchase, rip and archive

literally no need to pay for shit if all you're doing is using it for a listening trial
i could even use youtube for that

Application insanity. Frontends to standards yet to be developed.

You're preparing for something that will never happen. If Spotify was to shut down, it wouldn't happen overnight, stop archiving your spotify tracks. Everyone in this thread except me seems to be retarded.

Attached: b1e8816ecd08bec9bc4eb2974fe24c08af425c4a2bb30f751242fa6327df2613.jpg (1095x662, 126K)

>Implying you have the same pool of music on YouTube

You get new release instantly on Spotify, YouTube might have it for a bit but it's copyrighted most of the time. It's one of the best ways to explore music 90% of music exists on it.

Yea but that isn't a great counter point to him, at the end of the day you don't own anything on spotify

Idealist

ITT retards attempt to justify paying for services that aren’t that convenient to begin with

Attached: A1C89DF0-56DD-42BA-93A6-0E61333A47D8.gif (320x240, 1.45M)

Why would I ever use a streaming service when songs don't weight much and I can just keep them on my phone which I conviniently carry everywhere?