/hpg/ - Headphone General

What's the deal with these?

How to request purchase advice:
pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ:
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: MYSPHERE3-180423-720px.jpg (720x720, 45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fullcompass.com/prod/507385-fostex-1471548843-driver-element-for-th-900
fullcompass.com/prod/283727-beyerdynamic-911356-ear-element-for-t-90
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How are schiit products nowadays? Are there any decent dacs with optical and rca input that you guys recommend or are the modi 3 paired with magni any good?

my last pair of earphones gave me an ear infection and tinnitus so please recommend me something better. the bar isn't set particularly high

first for END GAME

Attached: BBF984BA-8800-4F5A-A437-1B4BB37E6525.jpg (3545x1914, 1.7M)

Grado Gang

Attached: IMG-8206.jpg (1200x926, 1.39M)

I'm kind of seconding this question. I want a DAC and AMP or a combo. What I want is a decent design, symmetrical out and non shit measurements.
I'm currently using a stx ii which is good enough, but optical aspects make me want to upgrade, also mini itx will be possible in the future that way.
If possible the amp should be capable of driving planars as well. Don't have any now but maybe in the future.

Any recommendations that won't cost me an arm and a leg?

thanos DIES in end game

Your mom DIES today if you don't reply to this post

Being buttblasted huh? shotashitter

Attached: 1555252671673.png (469x427, 261K)

Learn how to fill in the subject box you complete idiot. I'm not even the previous OP, but people aren't going to find your shitty thread when looking for /hpg/.

Golly, I sure would like a pair of AKG K1000s.

Attached: akg_k1000_04[1].jpg (553x369, 30K)

Koss KPH30i. Ordered them from massdrop and paid only $5 for the shipping because they gave me a $20 discount. They are abslutely mindblowing with an amp. Best $5 spent on audio for the rest of my life

Why are there so many Snapheisser fanboys?

You are receiving dicks?

Thoughts?

Attached: LCD_XC_Maple.jpg (2240x2240, 316K)

>thoughts?

doubt it

Attached: 0187 - CwPCbGR.png (500x500, 205K)

I'm looking to buy headphones, looked at seinheiser 4.20, is that any good? What else should I be looking at? I know nothing about this

the modi is good but get the JDS Atom instead of the magni.
It's cleaner + doesn't have the scrstchy volume pot.

Get a Fidelio X2 while they're on special.

Anything like that with symmetrical outs?

Is the HiFiMAN Shangri-La worth the $50k? Has anyone listened to it before?

idk I can't hear over 13 khz , it's over for me anyway..

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1539091894390.png (1920x1080, 1.58M)

What do you think of the hd600 revision?

Attached: 14349398_800.jpg (600x360, 17K)

how hard is it to take my headphone cable of and replace it with a female audio jack?
ive never soldered before

i took my ear cup of and the driver had a addition a fuck ton of dust and hair in it
how do i clean it out?

No reviews yet.
I don't like that they got rid of the iconic marble pattern. I do wonder if the new headband is less rigid.
I worry they might have changed the sound.
We'll see in a few weeks, once they're shipped to people.

Attached: 1541175406661.png (1920x1080, 931K)

Does a DAC really make a difference? Thinking about getting a cheap one like the FiiO Taishan D03K

If you have to ask, no.

Imagine the guys who bought the Sendy Aivas. Shit is 3x more expensive than the Takstar version, and now even the guy who hyped it, dethroned it in favour of the Sundaras, which cost half as much. lol

Probably nothing has changed, people are just going out of their mind.

Get an amp if you think your headphones are too quiet and if you really want to change the sound get a tube anp

Which all in one DAC/speaker amp/headphone amp is worth buying under $150? SMSL AD18? Topping MX3? Something else?

Alternatively I can go for DAC/headphone amp + speaker amp separately if it's no more than $200 total and not terribly mismatched. For desktop use.

So it seems the rumors about the 600&650 being discontinued was just Sennheiser giving their old headphones a facelift. I knew they wouldn't just straight up drop their tosellers

An amp will generally make a much larger difference than a dac. See JDS Atom.
If you really don't trust your source and want a dac+amp combo: Topping DX3.

Should I get some Samsung Buds? Black or white?

I don't get why people think it MUST'VE changed..

My tin t2 just finished washing in the washing machine. I haven't tried them yet but I'm sure they won't work again. Which earbuds do people recomend now? I would like something which sounds the same or better. Budget $150

tin p1

BUY SENNHEISER

S E N N
E
N
N

H E I S E R
E
I
S
E
R

I just tried them, they work but they sound like shit so there you have it, don't wash your iems kids.

ve monk+

What is the AS109 equivalent of headphones?

Attached: 09c96276154448e4f85c1a1bfdc34560a168b5d7.jpg (1080x1920, 779K)

These or u12t?

Attached: IMG_20190104_182322.jpg (3024x4032, 3.59M)

Do any of you know what the fuck is going on with this laura furry shit ? This was posted in the last thread as it was dying. I keep seeing this in dying threads. It started about a month ago. Some faggot mod even stickied this in /vip/. Seems like a bot or an extremely dedicated faggot.

Attached: 1568641275621.jpg (116x252, 15K)

what is a cheap tube amp to make my hd650 sound comfy?

These if you already have a good source and can get them for 500$ (ez)
Else go 64

Do you already have a dac ?

hai hai (a Topping D10)

Little Dot I+ 6JI X2

will it make the hd650 sound tubey?
from 1 to 10, how tubey will it make the hd650 sound?

Put in distilled water then put in bowl of rice. Highly doubt it will work, but maybe it's just the soap ficki fickiing with it.

>Little Dot I
Very tubey and very shit. Honestly if you plan to go balanced at all get a xDuoo TA20. If you dont buy a bottlehead crack kit.

These sound thin tho, and on top of that, require more power than most IEM's with that kind of impedance do, I tried them and was glad i didn't bought them.

Take a look at the KXXS, slightly above your budget but way better pair

I have the LCD2-closed, I figured the XC are awesome as well. They'll force you to grow some neck muscles too.

no bass, plastic shitty build. :(

For the most part, I'm the one posting her. Have seen others do it though from time to time.

ok bass retard

Senn has better bass than fostex and lcd

just have a subwoofer connected with the headphones on bro
bass is something you feel it on your chest anyways

Please stop.

Ok lofi faggot. If you dislike Fidelity and bass that much I can sell you an 1800s piezoelectric headphone. 200$.

You are brainlet nigger lover. IIT'S ABOUT THE DETAIL OF THE BASS WHY YOU RETARDS SHITPOSTING YOU FUCKING SKUNKS

Attached: 1558582240293.jpg (851x799, 303K)

Are you retarded? hifi doesn't have boomy nigger bass you fucking newshit

NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER NIGGEE NIGGER

FUCK OFF YOU LOST

Just found out you can buy replacement drivers for TH-900, anyone here tried his hands at transplanting those into an existing pair of headphones?

You a right. But hifi doesn't have a roll off at a pathetic 30hz. You sure you dont want those piezos ? Im serious btw.

this is genius
why haven't anyone tried this yet??

In my 650 modded it extends while the detail is fun

Good luck getting these if you dont own a pair already. Foster is not letting you buy parts unless you supply a photo of the headphones the serial number and a proof of purchase. The only way to get fostex drivers at a decent price is to get lucky on ebay.

*hasn't

Because everyone is gonna hear your shitty hiphop garbage bass retard

fullcompass.com/prod/507385-fostex-1471548843-driver-element-for-th-900

You still have not posted pictures of your mod btw. I want to see it. And not the old pic with the ripped paper towels. Want a piezo headphone ?

I am not ashamed of that

Want me to buy them for you?

>fullcompass.com/prod/507385-fostex-1471548843-driver-element-for-th-900
Nigger can you even read. Look closely.

But everyone is gonna suffer from your terrible taste. Just use speakers if already tardface

>Look closely.
>Currently out of stock
Nevermind then, shouldn't try to big think when I'm tired and half drunk.

I'd love to stop and have things back the way they were. Unfortunately that's not happening.

I exposed myself to 110dB for 30 minutes straight for immunity and feel fine
am I a Chad?

Kek look even closer then. Under out of stock there is a little paragraph.

Why is that ?

>Serial number is needed to order this ear element.
Pretty shit but
>If serial number is not available then a picture of the headphones is needed
Less of an issue than them not having the thing to sell you to begin with.

Just get some chad beyerdynamic tesla drivers.
fullcompass.com/prod/283727-beyerdynamic-911356-ear-element-for-t-90
If you want a cheap compatible enclosure to tune the thing before putting in work Just buy a pair of supelux HD330. Its 100% compatible with these driver assemblies and is compatible with beyer pads. The headphone itself is excellent for the price if modded too as the driver is pretty high quality for a standard mylar driver. Everything In the enclosure can be removed in a non destructive way including the back grills. Now go make some headphones and report back.

>That FR
Imma have to politely decline, joining the tinnitus gang ain't in my plans,especially not for 400 bucks.

Because everything in this world that provides me with a little happiness, Satan is intent on ruining.
>develop a fondness for the character Laura
>artist all of a sudden starts shunning her and her fans
>the community I was a part of turns against Laura, so I couldn't post her there
Can't take my mind off it. Nowhere else really to direct my focus as everything's so unpalatable these days. Posting Laura is the only thing that gives me some ease.

Thats why you dampen them popoo head. Are you going to tune the or just shove drivers in an enclosure?

The U12t is in a different class to be honest.

Just buy some fiber-free cloth with holes to replace the foam speaker -then open the grills and put some foam just like in the pic related (but light foam), then put a thick type of foam on top of the spider cage and then add some cotton and cover the grill with foam just like 58x. Damping is good. Reminder: don't remove the foam from the spider cage, because you are going to cover the entire grill with foam so it changes the detail retrieval drastically as both foams engage with each-other so it really doesn't matter if you remove it or not. Just don't do the dynamat mod because it makes it sound more muddy and bassy, in a stax way. Results, it has more tonality, bass and mids shine, and the veil around 3,5k-9k increases for a little bit. It's just becomes more aggressive because the sound stage collapses but in sophisticated way so it just become more upper mids focused.

Attached: harmod.jpg (4266x3216, 2.77M)

>Thats why you dampen them popoo head
I don't see any sort of dampening fixing that shit without negatively affecting the whole sound signature.
That shit is making my ears bleed just by looking at the FR chart.

Attached: fq_resp_beyerdynamic_t90_jubilee_lch_20150131[1].png (620x598, 23K)

Then that's all you really want

Attached: T.jpg (3264x1836, 1.22M)

Mass load the diaphragm

Is there any point in buying decent headphones if you listen to all your music on Youtube?

Attached: 1506216271383.jpg (1920x1763, 539K)

no
Porta Pro is all you need for youtube music

nah, i do it my self by ripping hour long mixes and putting them on my ipod shuffle and listen to them on a shitty pair of sony earbuds.

Why does Sennheiser insist on using cheap trash plastic, when you can get solid metal bands for 1/10 of their prices?

I think there is still point in buying a decent pair of headphones. At least for added comfort if nothing else.