Why is it taking so damn long?

Why is it taking so damn long?

Attached: 1565625381381.png (500x292, 328K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xhiXz9SBb2s
google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html
google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html#tab=per-country-ipv6-adoption
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Blame the the ISP's that sell you internet access.

Why?

Only the glow-in-the-darks want IPv6

change is scary

Infrastructure.

What in your mind makes ipv4 superior to ipv6?

It's useless for local networks

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xhiXz9SBb2s

money! maybe ?

Attached: tenor.gif (498x498, 207K)

Dumb frogposter is right for once. None of the big corps want to spend money for newer equipment supporting IPv6 if their older equipment already works.

Right now Internet is splitt america west europe has ipv4. India and china has ipv6 for all consumer. I am happy we don't share we same address space with them.

But there are already protocols designed to encapsulate ipv6 inside ipv4.
Dumb corps only need proper ipv6 support at the endpoints. All the nodes in the middle can stay as they are

vulnerabilities
already being used by phone service providers
not needed for LAN

the need for it has been delayed due to the wide adoption of NAT

>vulnerabilities
You mean "hurr durr I don't need a firewall I have NAT!!1!1"?

Still costs money to implement

But not as much as you are implying.
Upgrading the end nodes and configuring 6in4 on it costs pennies compared to upgrading every routing node in the path for ipv6
You can get ipv6 for free right now from hurricane electric 6in4 service

You're not taking into account the mere fact that it costs money. It doesn't matter how much it's going to cost. If spending money is the solution to fixing a technical non-issue, no corporation is going to want to implement it for the sake of "going forward."

This will cost industry billions. Never going to happen kid.

google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html
google.com/intl/en/ipv6/statistics.html#tab=per-country-ipv6-adoption

everything

Long to what? I live in a shithole country and we have ipv6. I just recently switched back to v4 as there was a shitton of suspicious network traffic. Now it's about 3 times less and everything I see now in fiddler are connections I consented to and much rare W10 telemetry traffic which I blocked either way.

What difference does it make?

NAT allows you to mask individual devices on your network. Ipv6 exposes everything to the internet individually.

Holy shit, what a bunch of idiots

Explain how they're wrong. Hint; you cannot.

Legit because NAT is working way better than we had expected.

Some ISP in Europe are forcing ipv6 for 1gb/s and 10gb/s internet (like Free in France)

I wish my ISP did that, i've been stuck with IPv4 on my fiber since 2007, no one better to go with in the area.

They finally started rolling out an IPv6 beta to some users, but nothing widespread, and it's been over 6 months since they started that with no signs of expansion.

You wll have a global unicast ipv6 ip like the ipv4 NAT one on your router from your ISP and your devices will communicate trough the link local addresses inside the LAN.

I was given IPv6 by my ISP, I downgraded immediately because I need to run a server and nobody has IPv4.

These morons don't bother to learn anything before posting.

People still think it's insecure despite all the reasons why it isn't in reality.

Why wouldn't they just give you both? That's what my ISP does.

an IPv4 address and a /64 for IPv6 addresses.

Ask them, it is either v6 or v4.

Huh, that's pretty gay.

Btw now that I downgraded my port forwarding is broken. It is either the router's fault or I am behind a double NAT so I have to call them again. I really hate ISPs. I actually think it is the router because the ports are not exposed correctly and when I reboot with port forwarding on I loose all internet access.

NAT is a better solution to the same problem.
IPv6 BTFO.

Because it's buggy and the entire market has somehow forgotten why standards fucking matter.

because it's shit for privacy

I'm in a flyover and have ipv6
OP is just tretarted

I have IPv6 tho, and have disabled it.
Jow Forums doesn't even allow IPv6 because of ban escaping.

just use a NAT if you care about privacy, bro

IP bans were a mistake anyways. IPv6 will put the IP banners in their place