Go or Rust?

Which language should I learn next?

Attached: serveimage.png (960x600, 141K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZACOc-NwV0c
vlang.io/
youtube.com/watch?v=vMmn8bisMxI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

C

Go

BOTH

6502 assembly

Rust

Both are meme languages but both are actually not that bad and have a right to exist. I guess go is useful for web services and rest apis and rust is useful because it is a proper system language

Lisp
/thread

Holy C

Golang if you want to get paid well
Rust if you want to be a tranny who does talks at tech conferences so the organizers can virtue signal

Attached: golan.jpg (554x554, 30K)

>Golang if you want to get paid well
>Is out for 10 years and failed to reach mainstream

Attached: 1554429295976.jpg (500x500, 24K)

This but the other way around
verification: youtube.com/watch?v=ZACOc-NwV0c

You making that post probably sent meta data to a web service written in golang

Rust is based
Go is literally pointless to use

Lmao cope, literally no point using Goshit when .Net-Core and Spring Boot exist.

Learn modern ES, the language of the future.

Golang took a nose dive in the Tiobe Index and nobody even talks about it anymore, its dead jim, just let go

Go is ironically better designed that C shart, and Go is garbage.

So I conclude:
If I'm into web dev I should learn Go and otherwise Rust. Correct?

if you know C and CSP then you already know Go

Learn Lisp

Go is pretty comfy. Not everyone wants to bother learning a shitload of language features and dealing with a borrow checker to squeeze out extra performance. Some people just want to get some work done and go home, and there really isn't anything wrong with that.

I used to be a language autist myself, but eventually you get older and stop giving a shit about languages/IDEs/Tools and you just want to find the way to get shit done with the minimum amount of bullshit. Go is basically the ideal language for that philosophy.

Golang is cuter

None. At least now.

Learn modern typescript instead of Go. It's the most comfy language ever made. Robust, good library support, sane error handling, and the best type system of all languages I've ever used.

Don't learn Rust if you don't know C. You won't like it, not understand it. Rust is honestly hard language with very steep learning curve. To truly appreciate it, you need to have some systems programming experience.

I already know JS/TS. Just want an alternative backend language to PHP.

>Typescript

Three different styles of doing concurrent program is constantly mixed together due to each library doing it it's own way. You can completely subvert the typesystem since javascript is valid typescript. All the packages are low quality webshit with the full insanity of the npm ecosystem in general. No real standard library whatsoever, need to pull in hundreds of modules just for basic shit. Is as slow as javascript, node is more memory hungry that java and far slower too. Deployment is always a fucking mess. Encourages the use of fucking mongodb the biggest piece of ass to ever exist in the database world. a trillion different frameworks to have to learn from project to project, some of them with very subpar support of typescript. Tries to turn a prototype based language into a class based one, with all the boilerplate nonsense that comes with OOP.

Oh yea typescript is so based and redpilled, what a fantastic fucking language.

The former is the answer to the latter.

>Three different styles of doing concurrent program is constantly mixed together due to each library doing it it's own way.
Wrap everything into promises.

>You can completely subvert the typesystem since javascript is valid typescript.
Only on default settings, and there are still few examples where it's false. You should always use TS with the highest restrictions, disabling all implicit any etc.

>All the packages are low quality webshit with the full insanity of the npm ecosystem in general. No real standard library whatsoever, need to pull in hundreds of modules just for basic shit. Is as slow as javascript, node is more memory hungry that java and far slower too.
Yeah, but node is not a replacement for Java. It's for rapid microservice development, not large enterprise services like Java.

>Deployment is always a fucking mess.
How so? Deploying JS app to eg. Google cloud is just one command and all you have to do is expose http server on port 8888. That's all.

>Encourages the use of fucking mongodb the biggest piece of ass to ever exist in the database world.
What? I made lots of various services and never had to deal with mongo. Just because mongo uses json(or bson technically) format doesn't mean TS or JS encourage this cancer.

>a trillion different frameworks to have to learn from project to project, some of them with very subpar support of typescript.
Express, React and optionally redux is all you really need to create feature rich, scalable services with front ends.

V lang is better than both vlang.io/

what the fuck i want to throw up

Go reminds me a lot of Delphi (which is object Pascal). Delphi got shut out by VB in the US during the 90s but was more successful in europe. But Go is better than Delphi as OO really sucks. I sort of wish that Go had end delimiters instead of braces. Go is super productive for anything web based.

>Which language should I learn next?
C++
learn maths
do computer graphics
never talk to 2 digits iq people at your workplace ever again because there are none
profit

>C++
>no 2-digit IQ people
Basement dwellers are so innocent...

fpbp

Go if you wanna do the job without that much tryharding and time invested. The result will not be marvelous but it will work.
Rust if you wanna do other men.

The proper choice is NOT Golang.

you've got to be an unironic autist to use that

i am autistic diagnosed
I love clisp and scheme

youtube.com/watch?v=vMmn8bisMxI

Go is basically a generic scripting lang used only inside google and with little going for it feature wise.

Learn Rust.

>go is basically a scripting language except its not a scripting language at all
High IQ post.

i used to be the smarter person on planet and could not understand other person feelings u.u

Attached: RBmExhkmpF-6.png (300x250, 43K)

Lobotomy or sex change?