Be me

>Be me
>Invited to a job interview for a developer job in a near city
>Miss a entire day in my current internship to go there
>Arrive
>Its a nice startup, clients all around the country already
>Spent a nice hour in the interview, probably my the best one yet
>"If you get selected, you will have to spend an entire work day here doing a test"
>Nice
>Get invited to the test
>Had to sleep at a friend's house to arrive early
>testtime.jpg
>Its in PHP using Synfony framework
>shieeet.jpg
>Don't know shit about PHP
>Managed to learn in a hour
>So focused in the test that I don't have time to talk to the other of the company
>Finished test with flying colors
>Fast forward to friday
>"We are sorry to say that you have not been selected to the job because you missed a 'soft-skill': Communication"
>Now my internship supervisor is mad because I missed 2 days of work
>mfw

Why in the actual hell do these new software companies do this?

Attached: 1496054437005.jpg (463x462, 43K)

Attached: 1557273577400.jpg (724x1024, 136K)

>"We are sorry to say that you have not been selected to the job because you missed a 'soft-skill': Communication"
if you don't have any communication skills, you're fucked. this is up on the top of the lists of employers. oh well, you know next time.
>>Now my internship supervisor is mad because I missed 2 days of work
tell them to go fuck themselves.
>Why in the actual hell do these new software companies do this?
all companies are the same way.

>startup
stopped reading right there
you are retarded

>blow off your current employer to go look for a new one with no guarantees of success
Dumbass

I never get the point of these type of interviews. What and why are they trying to test you out of? I am trying to find a decent job with a good pay. I assume thats the reason most of us are working in the first place. Why make it so much more than that with "Uh, you must talk to us while you are having a on site test while competing with 20 different people" I am trying to get the job done for god sake not having a bloody climate change conference while having my tea in the middle of the afternoon.

I doubt he has any problem with basic communication skills since he did say he passed the first round of interview. No way the interviewers won't pick up on that. I am guessing he didn't talk to his fellow potential co workers enough. Ignoring the fact that he and others were under pressure to pass the test. Till now, I don't ever think this is fair. Let me put it this way, will you have the time to talk to other people if your boss out of nowhere drop a huge load of work on your table which you must complete by the end of the day? My current co workers don't and I certainly won't either. Especially in programming.

Attached: goblinslayer.png (529x455, 174K)

>I am guessing he didn't talk to his fellow potential co workers enough. Ignoring the fact that he and others were under pressure to pass the test. Till now, I don't ever think this is fair.
no, i don't think it's very fair either. i agree.

Its called taking risks. With my current internship pay I can barely make it through the month
>I am guessing he didn't talk to his fellow potential co workers enough
Yep, I only talked to them during the breaks and very little. I was focused on showing of my work as a programmer, had 10 hours to learn a new language, a new framework, write the code and write the documentation. No time for socializing my man.
I guess I'm just too autistic...

Attached: 1518200854201.jpg (719x355, 69K)

>Communication
Ah... the HR roasties

Autistic? No. But you did dodge a bullet with a startup pretending to be a multi billion company listed on the market. Never join a startup unless you really have to.

The point of the interview is so that they can't admit they need someone to help them so they can flaunt their gay little faggot snowflake show, momentarily feel better, and never ever hire anyone and go under at light speed

huh? what's wrong with startups?

You get paid for 6 hours of work and do 14hrs a day

>Why in the actual hell do these new software companies do this?
tHeRe iS a sHoRtAgE iN cOmPeTeNt pRoGrAmMeRs

then after a year they lay you off because no more money

Maybe communicate more next time?
Wtf is wrong with you
Are you a creep???
Just talk to people!

do what? you were the one who agreed to work on phpshit in a sweatshop and even do free work for a day. most likely not even legal but startups don't give a fuck.

where do you apply after you're rejected from limited number of bigger companies in the country

>Do you know SQL
no
>Well we're not gonna teach you fuck off
okay

>Learn SQL on m own
>It's literally the most nothing thing in the world
>Can maybe spend 1-2 days tops showing a new guy how to do it

What's the deal? Like seriously? What do these companies want?

If companies expect “soft-skills” from autistic hobbies that became industries, they’re going to have a hard time. It’s like wanting factory employed to have soft skills in communication

What company's actually need doest fit in with the delusional human resources point of view of what a company should be.
Believe me when i tell you that HR is pure cancer 9 out a 10 times and fuck up more then they fix.

>has 3 years react experience
>yeah, but he doesnt know javascript, it's not on his resume ...
i swear, these recruiter bitches are only good for assfucking.

>i swear, these recruiter bitches are only good for assfucking.
Quite literally.
These bitches have some bogus diploma, don't understand shit about what the company needs and just most of the time act on emotions while hiring people.
i'm still in contact with a lot of my college friends and all of those who went in to HR were the most vaped hipsters you could imagine, and now these people are on a powertrip in HR you could not believe.

Im sorry user, I know you're very good at this machine learning thing and have been studying quantum computing for the past year

but you're just not a good fit for our company culture, we're moving on to the guy that does heroin

what do they mean you missed on communication skills?
like talking?

To get you to do free work for them?

They should've rejected you from the beginning during the phone screening instead of wasting all of your time. But, it sounds like they've selected someone else and/or the technical recruiters are creating work for themselves.

seriously, I want to know

>never ever hire anyone

I've notice there are a lot of jobs on Linkedin get relisted even though they've already got 200+ applicants. It's hard to believe they're not able to find single qualified applicant for an entry level job out of so many people.