Is he right?

youtu.be/WV2Ed1QTst8

Is he right?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/B1q7Cw6A6Oc/
youtube.com/watch?v=-brF6SUXbns
youtube.com/watch?v=2pIJoPkh9IU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Well I mean, he was a tech lead at Google. Don't know if he told you.

how the fuck is he at half million subscribers already?

That chink retard is never right

you will never be as rich and successful as him
how does that make you feel?

And a exfacebook man

Not going to click on your shill videos, fuck off.

Neither is he. He was techlead, that's a pretty mediocre position.

eceleb shit out

Good because my wife didn't leave me and I didn't have to work at facebook or google. He'll probably kill himself. I'd rather lose half my wealth right now than live like an ignorant robot with no friends.

Who cares how rich or successful he is?

AAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

>it's literally a fucking nobody shilling someone else's videos for free while trying to mock others about minimum success of someone else, who in the process destroyed his life
Can't make this shit up

His newest video is pretty amusing desu.

Jow Forums is pretty biased.
Just look at LTT threads.
They are all based youtubers but Jow Forums treats them differently.

This guy comes of as super materialistic and cynical which he probably is. Soulless bug person, sad.

His latest video is WOKE AF

>LGBT community is over-represented in nig tech companies
B A S E D
FUCK GAYS
FUCK TRANNIES

>1. You don't have a wife.
>2. You don't work at google or facebook
>3. You have no wealth
>4. You have no friends
????

He got fired for having a youtube channel so I guess he feels ballsier now.

he shills his own videos here instagram.com/p/B1q7Cw6A6Oc/

why does /ck/ and Jow Forums allow youtuber threads? /v/ doesn't and thats more of a childish hobby

>Is he right?
I have no clue but was he a tech lead at google?

It was surprising to see him put them and the LGBT community on blast. Guess he's not going to be an Apple tech-lead anymore

delete this thread right now or else I'll spam cartel gore webms

>ex apple tech lead
cant wait till it happens. fired from every tech company, wife leaves him, everyone else is the problem.

godspeed my dude

you wont do shit faggot

>Algorithms are not as important as design patterns
NOOOOO! DON'T TOUCH MY FIZZBUZZES YOU FAG!

do it faggot, bump

Yes. He's 100% right. You hardly ever do algo work in silicon valley. It's mainly design/structuring of code which isn't taught in school well. Almost nobody does it properly.. All sizeable and code bases in the valley are a fucking mess. This is where you'll spend most of your time as a software engineer and the bugs that come from it. Object oriented language code bases are even sloppier mess than non object oriented languages. Listen carefully @ 3:30 .. He states, if he had a choice he'd only have :
> controllers
> views
> data objects
.. So, what he's trying to say is object oriented languages are convoluted fucking messes. It all comes down to data/data structures, logic, and flows. That's all there is in any software package no matter how complex. I worked on a code of millions of lines of code, 1000s of files.. tons of different build images.

> refactoring : stupid term for when your code is shit and needs to be cleaned the fuck up.
In OO, data flow is shit and over-complicated. It's because it's abstracted. What people forget is that most software runs atop an OS and the HW below. The only thing that occurs at this level is memory read/write and operations. Period. How this is done is through threads/processes and system calls. If you can't explain your software in these terms, you have no clue what you're doing and your software (if large) is likely shit.

> Pub/sub and other lazy ass data handling by libraries
is resolved by the OS as shared memory/mutex/semaphore/signaling.
> events and event handling .. parents/childs.. event bubbling
Fucking signaling
> 8:50 : Object oriented programing is shit
Correct. It's convoluted bullshit and a landmine of goofy ass abstractions
> refactoring .. super class .. super super class.. sub class inherentance .. polymorphism
Yep, all of the bullshit that makes code a bowl of fucking spaghetti
> K.I.S.S
yep.

For any original code : non-OO w/ custom apis controlling flow/logic

Any legit software engineer knows this.
While interviews love to focus on algos and other bullshit, 80%+ of your work will be on design patterns/structuring/fixing shitty code and bugs resultant from people not thinking seriously/deeply about design patterns/flow/larger system

Is it common people write oo codes in python in industries?

But SV companies are looking for the next genius who can carry a billion dollar idea to completion. Even if it's only for the sake of keeping people out of the hands of competitors. The pay grade of FAANG reflects that. Other companies though, lol. They have no right to to be looking on leetcode for whiteboard questions or handing out hackerrank assessments. You want that kind of fun then you gotta pay at least 70% as much as FAANG. IMO it's purely a pay problem. If you make the barrier to entry that much higher then you have to pay accordingly to the people who get in. Big techs like FAANG, ebay, adobe, uber, whatever, pay well. The vast majority of turd companies don't. Like, some shithole b2b medium-size corp that just makes store front webapps shouldn't be pulling leetcode mediums on developers while offering 80k for a mid-level position with half a decade of experience.

The closer to hw and the more serious your code, the less it will rely on OO features. So, even when using an OO language (i.e : C++) you won't be using the lion's share of the features. I've worked with non-OO code bases that are millions of lines of code and it feels quite comfortable no matter what file you open. It's a 'flat' world. In OO languages, the more OO features that are used, the more the code base becomes an absolute fuckn nightmare to read/manage/understand especially when it comes to data flow which is where most bugs crop up : data flowing all over the fucking place being touched by random subsystems that have no coordination and shit just spiraling all over the place. up-to-date diagrams and documentation are another big problem especially in the private sector. So, in a large code base, you usually have no direction/understanding of what's going on in the bigger picture/system level which is why ever engineer @ such a point contributes to the code base spiraling out of control.

It's common to see just about everything in the industry. Look at job descriptions at various companies. OO languages/python are all the rage as well as frameworks at tons of companies which is why their code bases are a steaming pile of shit and its a nightmare to do dev for them. I recently interviewed at a robotics startup with this very story. Founder indicated they needed somebody yesterday to wrangle things together and essentially get to a more professional/enterprise code base. Meanwhile, his junior engineers were evaluating me on my ability to work with python and the other amateur hour frameworks/libraries/spaghetti code they had their product running on. So, you'll see just about everything in the industry. The mantra now-a-days is, if it works, ship it. Behind the scenes, there's all sorts of janky shit keeping the gears turning. Hardly anyone speaks in terms of threads/processes/signaling/primitive data locks/memory handling(shared memory).

You can just admit you're sucking the corporations' dicks, we can see you doing it, stop acting like you're not.

I don't disagree. I recently faced this when entertaining several unsolicited contacts from various startups. My proven history has been completely at big tech... My experience was, the day-to-day job is 30% of what you interview for. This goes for almost all of tech no matter how big/small. The hilarious thing comes when a smaller group, especially one that is in trouble and has no clue on how to scale or even run dev starts grilling you as if they're a fang knowing dam well they have no one w/ experience there to evaluate you and won't pay like a FAANG. After about 8 screenings, I completely wrote them off. During one of them, I even told the guy half way through (hey, looks like this isn't a match. I don't want to waste your time or mine). That startup (hw focused on meme learning accelerators) will likely go belly up in 4-5 years and it will likely be because of their failed hiring of people like me (find a use for a product and convey that to customers). I dunno man, at the small/medium sized companies and startups you have a lot of people w/o enterprise experience who want to become enterprise. At enterprise, you get pigeon holed too much such that you never see the bigger picture. Greatness is somewhere in between, which is why that's rarely found.

The pattern he critiqued is what's destroying a good wealth of tech companies. So, there's nothing of value being lost. More focused entrants will be eating their lunch in years to come because they're not operating day care centers. Once you've worked at a major tech company, your phone will ring off the hook.

Seems like an OK guy. Just someone who sees beyond the day to day bullshit.

But not having all of those things is good.

Idk man. The videos of the facebook campus he showed shows how fucking insane it is over there. They literally have "Women are perfect" posters. It reeks of mental illness.

>Good because my wife didn't leave me
(yet).. As if the divorce rates and statistics are in your favor...
> I didn't have to work at facebook or google.
Not a big deal if you did or didn't work there. If you have worked there though, it gives you perspective about the reality. If you haven't, you either over-hype it or downplay it as you have no sound perspective.
> He'll probably kill himself.
Unlikely... Average engineer in the valley imo. Deep Human relationships take a backseat. You have tons of friends and things to do.
> I'd rather lose half my wealth right now
This can occur. It's a valuable life lesson on what's important.
> than live like an ignorant robot with no friends.
Most people in the valley have tons of friends. The question is how deep your connections are. Ignorant robot? He doesn't appear to be

Just because your wife leaves you (common in the US), says nothing about you. Intelligent people don't sound like the majority of people in the country (retards). Sorry you can't relate.

well that's literally every tech person other than the occasional basement dweller like terry davis
which if they were they would have killed themselves oh wait

Can you post the link? I'm just now discovering this channel and don't know what video to look for.

youtube.com/watch?v=-brF6SUXbns

2nd half

Never doubt the TechLead

Attached: Untitled.jpg (634x580, 46K)

Dam, watching :
> youtube.com/watch?v=2pIJoPkh9IU
> 80 hour work week (yep.. silicon valley.. they tell you on the first call to expect to work 12+ a day minimum)
> Golden handcuffs
> Internal operations are nothing like what is advertised .. etc etc
> Talent shortage but don't know how to treat talent
> HR : The last outpost of dumbshits are retarded and cause good people to leave company
Pretty much. Checking out your link now. thanks

more like TechSneed

Goddamn, there's no escape

He's in his car... in the garage... I'm pretty sure he contemplated suicide, but instead decided to be optimistic and make a youtube video instead.

LMFAO :
> Comments on performance reviews in silicon valley
oh man Gold... Most hilarious shit ever.
> people working on the same fucking thing
> Project gets cancelled all the time
Gold
> Internally, the code base is a fucking mess
Absolute Gold
> diversity/politics propaganda everywhere
probably only at the new age tech companies. You don't see this shit anywhere at the mature tech companies or those dealing w/ hardware.

Cool for intro'ing me to this guy. Going to give his videos a watch. He's definitely speaking the truth about the experience out there.

(formerly employed)

> He's in his car... in the garage...
Just arrived home and didn't want to bring this bullshit into his household.
> I'm pretty sure he contemplated suicide,
because you're projecting your own insecurities and thought process onto him.
> but instead decided to be optimistic and make a youtube video instead.
I've only covered 3 of his video and it obvious that he like me and others made tons of money quickly in the valley and life events caused him to THANkfully re-asses his life and what he was doing with it and why.

Losing a partner who isn't good for you and not there for the long term is a good thing and a wakeup call. Losing a job (happens everyday in the valley). You can literally get a job in a week if you're skilled.Nothing that's happened to this guy negative. He hit a series of wake-up-calls that has him on a higher road in life. Thankfully, unlike other idiots, he managed and saved his money properly. Literally at retirement. I was @ $380k in the bank/investment accounts in my mid/late 20s. You can literally fuck off for a decade+ on just that. He's fine and now has a better head on his shoulder that he's seen reality.

whats with the obsession with FANG companies? There must be other non-startup companies that are nice. Why do we never hear these youtubers talking about valve corp, boston dynamics and the like?

Plebs only know about big names.
So, that's the content that's pushed most times.
It's why plebs and brainlets have such a warped view of the world and think such companies do everything. If you're seeking to make money on view count, you have to speak on pleb issues. There are videos about valve/boston/etc but it will never get frontpage/go viral/etc. So, there's that. Welcome to the world of brainlets/popularized content for brainlets.

A funny thing about AI for instance is that maybe 1/1000 people know of the handful of AI companies doing cutting edge research. The other 999 are likely going to say Google or some other popularized company.

nah

> says the outsider who has no ability to grasp this
ok