What can Jow Forums tell me about solar energy

What can Jow Forums tell me about solar energy.

Attached: 1366_2000.jpg (1366x681, 135K)

putting solar panels on the Earth's surface is stupidly inefficient, when they can gather 4 times more energy in orbit

If solar panels are so clean, why do they produce so much toxic waste?

The problem of solar panel disposal “will explode with full force in two or three decades and wreck the environment” because it “is a huge amount of waste and they are not easy to recycle.”

“The reality is that there is a problem now, and it’s only going to get larger, expanding as rapidly as the PV industry expanded 10 years ago.”

“Contrary to previous assumptions, pollutants such as lead or carcinogenic cadmium can be almost completely washed out of the fragments of solar modules over a period of several months, for example by rainwater.”

Attached: Solar Panel Waste.jpg (600x399, 78K)

>What can Jow Forums tell me about solar energy.
Perhaps the biggest meme of this half of the century. Install Gen IV.

how much energy do you have to expend to bring them into orbit?

Absolute fucking trash, pushed by the coal industry because it's so bad that if you fall for the scam you'll have no choice but to rely on coal when you realize how bad it really is. Nuclear is the cleanest, safest and most efficient way to produce energy.

>Nuclear is the cleanest, safest and most efficient way to produce energy.
Based.

Attached: 1559617798713-0.png (600x887, 791K)

I'd like to add that putting solar panels on the roof of residential properties is fine as long as
>you have at least 2.5k hours of sunlight per year where you live
>when you purchase it you also pay for a voucher for recycling which the manufacturer has to honor
t. clueless

You misunderstood me. I agree with you. I just posted a Chernobyl meme because I actually find it funny.

Attached: 1559769391720.gif (480x270, 3.38M)

Ohh goody, theres nothing i like more than rain flushing carcinogens into my groundwater.

A single weather event can create tons of waste, which immediately releases substances into the ground.

Attached: Damaged Solar Panels.jpg (541x551, 156K)

Attached: Rekt.png (911x481, 1005K)

Oh, I see. It wouldn't be the first time some uninformed user argued against nuclear with that exact image. I enjoy Chernobyl memes, but it's important to know exactly how and why the disaster happened, and why something like that could never happen in a western country at the present time.

Nothing to do with Western or non western country.

Checked. I wouldn't put it past pajeets, ugandans or north koreans to fuck it up though.

I forgot fukishima never happened.

How do you propose that electricity is transferred from orbit down to the Earth's surface where we can use it?

What about Fukushima was similar to Chernobyl?

>it wont happen
>natural disasters can't never happen again
>let's build more nuclear plants
>oh no, some earthquake happens
>now half my country is like chernobil

Pretty cheap. $100 for 100watt is common but with bit of shopping around you can get 300 watt for $200-$150. What can you do with this 100/300 watt panel? Power all the day time parasitic power in your home and cut down on the power usage by $15-$30 per month. That's without battery. You can improve the efficiency by having the solar panel track the sunlight and that will give another 30% efficiency($20-$40 per month saving).

nuclear energy is way more effective

lul

>soviet engineering
>manned by slavs
wouldn't have been a problem if actual humans were doing it

Silent Yachts 55 is a real thing that actually exists

Attached: 90.jpg (1160x774, 200K)

>Huge government push to install solar panels
>get a massive discount on them, get a bunch installed on my roof
>energy bill has been cut by a factor of 10
>don't pay to heat water apart from 1/2 months in Winter
>paid for themselves after 1.5 years

We could put solar panels on the earth's surface

You realize that nobody thought "no disaster is going to happen" when they built Fukushima?

>oh no, some earthquake happens
Built Nuclear powerplants outside if earthquake zones.

Yes. Because Japan is now an uninhabitable radioactive wasteland...

>outside eartquake zones
do u realize 90% of land can suffer an eartquake?

>japan
yes, because the oceans are now radiactive waste.

faggot.

Except that rated wattage is the absolute MAXIMUM you can achieve over the sparse 6-8 of sunlight during the summer. Realistically you're only ever going to get about 4-6 hours of the solar panel at 50% of its rated theoretical maximum power production. That equates to about 108 kWh per 300W solar panel for the 4 summer months AT MOST.

The tech simply isn't there yet, if solar panels could reach even 50% efficiency and not cost more than $100/panel then I could see it being economically feasible.

Just fucking use hydrogen, retards.

what if you live in the equator?

low effort bait

>do u realize 90% of land can suffer an eartquake?
Do u realize that 90% isn't 100% and do u realize that even though earthquakes can happen there are vast areas where the chance of the damaging a building is near zero and do u realize that "u" isn't an English word you fucking idiot?

>yes, because the oceans are now radiactive waste.
Apparently Japan still is doing fine.

I am actually curious if coal hasn't already killed more people then nuclear power through its toxic fumes...

>dude, african villages can easily built nuclear plants
ok retard.

What's cheaper, a 100 USD solar panel that can power an african village or a multibillion solar plant?

Fusion energy > what they currently do in shitty nuclear power plants

Thermosolar > PV

Attached: 1*6jho8cYtuOtKXntRfe-rEA.jpg (750x500, 145K)

U realize that u can generate electricity in one place and use it at another?

yeah, let's built those energy cables to remote african villages.

that's cheaper than a 100 USD solar kit.

or those amazon rainforest villages.

Just fuck off, retard.
>what's cheaper, an apple or an orange
That's no reason not to build more plants with current tech.

Attached: 2000px-GenIVRoadmap-en.svg.png (2000x1094, 569K)

>dude a 100 USD solar kit is more expensive than a billion dollar solar plant that takes 20 years to built
ok retard

>yeah, let's built those energy cables to remote african villages.
Yes.

>that's cheaper than a 100 USD solar kit.
No, but it is 24/7 energy and actually can be used for something useful.

Anyway who cares about some African village? By all means get them some solar play kit but let the rest of the world generate it's electricity in a sane manner.

300 watt rated means, 300 watt. 50% rating is if the sun is covered by clouds or you're at steep angle. With a sun tracker, angle isn't an issue. Clouds happen every few hours in cloudy areas, but as long as its not a permanent cloudy area, you will get close to 100% rated power across the day.

Yes there are reasons why current nuclear power plants shouldn't be massively expanded in numbers, main reason is that the longer these stay open and in use, the more expensive they get to maintain.

>Fusion energy
Doesn't exist.

Apple, meet orange.
What do you propose that's cheaper and has the lowest environmental impact. Also look at my picrel.

>dude, being independant from the chosen people network is bad
>dude, just keep paying for that energy like a good goyim to the chosen people energy industry
>what are u poor?
>don't be silly, goyim
fuck off jew.

Attached: Cooked.png (969x946, 590K)

Solar panels aren't a replacement for connection to the electricity grid.
In fact they are basically useless without it.

>the longer these stay open and in use, the more expensive they get to maintain.

Just do what my country does: stop maintaining them and squeeze out every last bit of profit until the thing fails.

Birds eventually learned to avoid getting electrocuted by powerlines and hit by cars, they will eventually figure out this one too.

You're retarded. It exists, they can make them happen on earth, there's no toxic waste byproducts, it's safe and it gives more energy than current tech for nuclear power plants, the only problem with it now is being able to create an effective system that can harvest and maintain these chemical reactions on a regular basis.

You won't unless you're constantly aligning your panels and pressure washing them every weekend. 50% is best case scenario irl and that's only for the summer.

Did they actually learn? Or did "natural" selection killed the ones who weren't as adaptable to artificial human shit?

>straw man

is the same shit.

>posting a modified picture to make a point

>It exists
Show me a single generator that produces more energy than it consumes.

If you can not it is a very good idea to assume that it is in no position to replace any other form of energy source.

1 guy died and they already cleaned up the area.

If anything Fukushima showed how incredibly safe nuclear power is.
If that were a coal plant getting hit by a tsunami far more people would have died.

No, it's not. A group of dolphins can effectively learn, change and adapt in their lifetimes. If a population of birds can't do that, they get killed. It's different because one involves adapting without getting killed, and the other involves mass death. The latter is much worse for the ecosystem.

Attached: cachorro corporativo.gif (320x240, 54K)

>modified
go back

I literally said sun tracker. Sun tracker always orients itself to brightest possible light.

>50% is the best case scenario
Replace your solar panel lmao. You got a shitty chinese crap. Solar panels are supposed to get their rated power at the right angle on clear day. You only lose that much power when the solar panels are off angle, clouds are blocking the sun, or shadow is cast on panel or if its 50+ years old.

Photovoltaic modules already cost less than $100/panel. It's the cheapest energy on earth with a record price of 0,024 $ per kWh

Fusion reactors cost billions to build and can only produce power for a few minutes before needing a complete overhaul costing more billions.

It is a total meme that won't be economically viable for centuries if ever.

How much of that is subsidized?

The sun, retard.

so behaviour changes can't happen because of evolution?

is evolution not real?

Its without subsidy. State subsidies are available for 30% in my state for tax write offs.

>The sun, retard.
I do not doubt the physics, but it's practicality at this moment in time.

Death wrays

I worked for a solar company a few years ago installing 200-250W units on roofs and I can honestly admit to you that solar power is a scam. The sunlight tracking systems won't do jack shit for panels on roofs since they can't move.

Also after all the voltage conversion and DC to AC inversion loss it's more like 30% of what these pieces of shit are rated at. BUT I'll still give you 50% assuming you pressure wash them every weekend.

You ever do that, you little fucboi? Your hands go numb and the blaring tinnitus almost seems like it will become permanent.

Which toxic waste?
> lead or carcinogenic cadmium
Those are banned by RoHS. Blame chinks.

Fun fact: some of them still can generate electricity, and you can gather big enough pieces to make nice and big panel for free.

There is no toxic waste, it's a lie made up by the haters.

>sun trackers that don't track
>70% efficiency loss from inverters
>requiring pressure wash every week
>getting tinnitus from solar panel

Attached: jesus.png (500x551, 81K)

>brainlet can't understand a simple concept
Some species are smart enough to adapt before getting killed. Some aren't, so evolution instead happens by killing individuals.

Attached: 12789860328.png (359x254, 183K)

even insects are learning to avoid being burned by bulb lights.

Evolution is simple.

Those bugs that get killed by bulbs die.
Those that adapt to avoid getting killed by bugs reproduce.

Also, all animals are smarter than what you give them credit.

germany has the largest grid of reneval energy farms in europe. rarely more than 10% of it is on at one time. heard its because actually using it doesnt add up from financial standpoint. so dunno, either germans are dumb, they overpay for instalations or sun just hates them.

It's obvious that no energy source is ideal, and I don't listen to either kind of shills who say theirs will become perfect if you just favor it over everything else. However given the results of programs like Energiewende which went balls deep into PV solar, I think it's safe to say that it's retarded to rely on it too much. Even if the claims that it has become super cheap are true, which I doubt considering all the conflicting evidence, it still has a myriad of problems which makes it completely unsuitable for providing baseload power.

Attached: 4way.jpg (855x1199, 81K)

>rarely more than 10% of it is on at one time.

That retards ACTUALLY believe on the internet.

>either germans are dumb, they overpay for instalations or sun just hates them
pick three

You have just regurgitated exactly what I just said. Holy fuck. Understand this, retard: if humans are forcing evolution through death, they are effectively fucking up the ecosystem.

I'll force your whole family into a new challenging environment. They can't adapt immediately, so they all die. How do you like that?

Attached: 13022834005.jpg (960x770, 154K)

Most inverters have a efficiency of 98 to 99%

Soiling losses are up to 5% per year max

>no sails

retarded

Luckily, nuclear reactors and fossil fuels don't produce any hazardous waste.

Attached: 1516131831920.jpg (800x450, 45K)

Solar energy is not a real thing. You're talking about electricity generated through photovoltaic cells being exposed to photons. Basically PVC's are silicon atoms which have 4 covalent electrons and another material with more or less by 1. This allows them to connect in a lattice but when something such as light hits them, the energy bumps those free floating electrons out of orbit. This causes a sort of "flow" where the electrons from the suns rays replace the total static amount of electrons in the panel, allowing for those others to flow through cables to wherever. Normally to a battery.

why do you give a fuck about the birds, I think we've got more to worry about than some pigeons dying
like the water levels rising, maybe ?

So, I want to outjew my electric company and run my tiny mini split for free and shit.
I consume shy 120 kW-h per month, and sun is pretty strong here.
Though I can't install panels in way sun hits them at 90 degree.

What size should I get? Battery or grid?

>Energiewende which went balls deep into PV solar
It also meant building new coal power plants to replace the nuclear powerplants.
It's the green dream come true, finally getting rid of evil nuclear energy and replacing it with coal again.

So solar energy?

most animals breed at enough pace to quickly adapt.

most birds only live like a couple years at best.
insects die in like two weeks.

"Birds are important to humans in many ways; they are a source of food and fertilizer. Birds are important to the ecosystem in many ways; they pollinate flowers and disperse seeds."

Sure, let's forget and fuck up a huge vital part of the ecossystem and just worry about muh sea water level without understanding all the root causes.

Attached: alborghetti.jpg (120x90, 3K)

Why not use it in space?

Attached: 1557629491796.jpg (1536x864, 401K)

>like the water levels rising, maybe ?
The greens have successfully blocked the only via let CO2 neutral Energy Form, at least in countries like Germany.

Also without a military intervention in Africa to stop it from industrialization and a total trade stop with China nothing we are doing matters anyway.

Describing how something functions isn't an argument for it not existing.

bro, I'm not against what you said, but technology is improving and we're as specie trying to learn to take care of the enviroment.

we only need to develop more friendly technology.

Also, most countries right now have decreasing population.

Yellow Lemon in blueberry sky make things go vroom!

Attached: 73.jpg (350x262, 14K)

>nuclear reactors
Gen IV doesn't have this problem.
If you can't install panels then get batteries and charge them off-peak. You won't get to free but you will pay less. How quickly the batteries pay for themselves depends on your rates.

All I need is 150km vacuum tight tunnel with 3m diameter and 1 gigawatt nuclear station. It would cost a couple of nasa budgets and push 300k ton of not living things in space per year.

If global warming is as bad as scientific consensus says it is, we're basically about to hit the point of no return. I don't believe humans are selfless enough to make sufficient (drastic) changes in time, which should be done in up to 30 years from now.

Plus, I don't see the world population going down anytime soon. While whites are probably in decline, pajeets, chinks and mohammeds are getting birthed in millions of fuck tons per second. We're literally in the blacked.com era right now.

Attached: PF_15.04.02_ch1graphics_medianAge310px.png (311x394, 8K)