When purchasing a laptop, tablet or monitor do you tolerate any screen defects? Deadpixels, stuck pixels...

When purchasing a laptop, tablet or monitor do you tolerate any screen defects? Deadpixels, stuck pixels, white-spots - etc?

Attached: whitespot.png (1024x768, 318K)

no. i always demand refunds or replacements when I'm sent a defective product.

No. Also I hate that the sellers can get away with it. You can have a dozen broken pixels on a brand new monitor and you cant get a replacement or refund it.

Send that shit back senpai

No, of course not.
It's one of the first things I check and if it has issues I return it.

If it's used then yes
Pressure spots are usually a design fault of the hardware and will likely happen anyway

No. I only buy from sellers who refund or exchange it with no questions. It kinda limits my options to the boomer store but I don't buy monitors that often.

Amazon usually refunds without question.

What?
Where do you live where you have no buyers protection?

Are dead pixels really that much of an issue?
I own close to 20 million pixels across all my screens and not a single one is dead

>20 MPixel
That's not much though

> Are dead pixels really that much of an issue?
Yes. Almost every single monitor i have bought have had dead pixels.
> Where do you live where you have no buyers protection?
Sweden. I dont know if it's legal but the sellers refuse to refund or ship a replacement. You can see on their website that you cant refund it if it has some dead pixels (with exact count of how many and in which area). Of course if there are thousands of dead pixels then you could refund it

Wasn't talking to you but thanks for your input.

I live in the same shithole, and Netonnet and Elgiganten have always been good at refunding broken shit from the factory.
Netonnet has been very good at this.

Don't have them in my country. The regular shops are required to have a 14-day return window but it's a bother.
If I have to drag it to the post office, I might aswell drag it to the brick&mortar store for boomers. There it's a simple "the missus didn't like it", for just about any problem that would give me a "works as designed" from the techy stores.

Oh, and even if they don't accept it under warranty you can always use the 14 day return policy as long as you don't rape the packaging.

>Almost every single monitor i have bought have had dead pixels.
Sounds like bad luck or even sellers deliberately sending shit quality, all PC screens I bought new had no pixel errors
And here in Germany we can send anything we buy online back in a 2 week window with no questions asked

Then they claim i broke the monitor because it has broken pixels. This has also happened to me when buying a motherboard. It has bent pins and didn't work and i couldn't refund it since they said i bent the pins

Sounds like faggots, which store was this at?

Well considering most monitor manufacturers consider 3-5 dead to be acceptable on a single panel even at 1080p I feel lucky to not have ran into one across all of mine which consists of several VA/TN 1080p monitors, a 4K TV, TN thinkpad, and several phones/tablet including an OLED

No, if it had dead pixels or shit like that I'd send it back.

webhallen for the motherboard

This is good to know, won't order from them in the future.
I think Inet is better at handling these issues.

Yeah, i only order from inet, netonnet and other stores now. Even if i have to pay more. It was a stupid mistake from webhallen, as i was about to buy all computer parts, for around $1400 but they didn't want to replace a cheap motherboard

My W520 has a dead and a semi-stuck pixel (half brightness red) but apparently Lenovo cheaped out on these since a lot of other people also got issues like this.
The worst screen I used was in a T60p with the meme IPS: it had dark spots all over it (water probably got in the backlight layer) and some horizontal lines when the screen was in certain positions. But I got used to even that one

The TN thinkpad I was referring to was an 1600x900 T420, it’s only problem other than being ass to look at is a bright spot in the bottom right which from what I hear is normal and a very faint bright spot near the bottom middle
Love the laptop to death other than the screen, I have no idea where Lenovo sourced these panels but it’s almost like they went back in time a decade and bought the shittiest panels cause even a 2006 latitude looks better

Fuck Webhallen, what the hell happened? They used to be reasonably good when they had their warehouse fairly central in Stockholm, and you lived there.
Then they opened stores everywhere but became notoriously bad at keeping items in stock.
Boomers will naturally begin to talk about Skribo Font which also opened store everywhere and immediately died.

Bright spots are from pressure and really not the panel's fault

Never. This is why I never shop online for anything with screens anymore.

Yes. Because it doesn't matter, 1366x768 is shit TN panel anyway, two bad pixels won't do a fuck

How many times do you ask for a replacement before getting your money back?

I am on my second surface pro 6, the first one had a red dot. This one has a white dot towards the center half of the screen.

I'm fucking annoyed.