>Muh GNU

blog.halon.org.uk/2019/09/gnome-foundation-relationship-gnu-fsf/

Attached: 20FEF790-0E91-48F7-9A1E-CD74F3F4428D.jpg (1335x1511, 654K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/help/evaluation.html
old.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/d55pek/gnome_relationship_with_gnu_and_the_fsf/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>GNOME devs are iToddler-tier faggots
What a fucking surprise. Also kill yourself for spreading more drama, iToddler .

>GNOME
who the fuck cares about that shit after the v3 fiasco? that guy thinks he or his shit matters? LMAO, all of gnome could literally disappear overnight and the world would keep on trucking just fine. nothing important is ever accomplished using gnome. NOTHING!

GNOME is complete shit and nothing but a bunch of faggots and fairies and drama queens that care only about virtue signalling anyway. Nothing of value is lost.

wtf uninstalling GNOME rn

>GNOME

The truth is they should have been decommissioned from GNU long ago - you can't find anything about GNU on their website also they acted like a different OS in itself, rather than a GNU package:
>It means that the developers agree to pay attention to making the program work well with the rest of the GNU system—and conversely that the GNU project will encourage other GNU maintainers to pay attention to making their programs fit in well with it.
gnu.org/help/evaluation.html

They use systemd as their platform, instead of the Shepherd as init. Using systemd, which is Linux specific, made it harder to port it to the Hurd. They use flatpak instead of Guix, etc.
They also don't mention the system is GNU/Linux, they only say Linux is their "core technology".

The only good thing about GNOME was it's size - it was easier to say GNU is the operating system, when GNOME was a GNU package. Now "Linux is the OS, totally not only a kernel" shills will have more arguments.

This is a really bad week for GNU and free software generally. Hope other people think a bit, and won't remove their packages from GNU, then it'll be the end.

LMAO imagine being a GNOME user

>it'll be the end
There will be some firings and resignations, a reshuffling, and everything will continue as normal. I don't know why you people are so afraid. It's too important and mature, and has too many stakeholders, to die.

Time to use KDE!

Oh wait, Stallman stalled the development of that desktop environment because of muh GPL violations back in 2000 and told everyone to use GNOME.

Guess GNU zealots will have to use Enlightenment now.

WTF installing GNOME right now, fuck GNU

>This is a really bad week for GNU and free software generally.
kek dilate gnu tranny

FOSS hating losers. Who cares. Gnome is shit.

>gnome foundation cancels fsf relationship because muh feels
nothing surprising

thank fuck nobody gives a single shit about that cancer called GNOME. maybe they should consider FIXING THEIR BROKEN SHIT first and foremost instead of attention whoring?

>Stallman stalled
kek, by name by nature

>pretty reprehensible remarks
>pretty

They're either reprehensible or they aren't, 'pretty' is such a passive fucking work. I hate this fence-sitter reddit speak.

Why is it always GNOME?

>"Linux is the OS, totally not only a kernel" shills
This is actually true though, minus the bit about it not only being a kernel. It's only a kernel, but it's also the OS. You can use it as a complete OS with less than a kilobyte of userspace code, only userspace program you need is a console shell that does nothing but accept direct user requests for syscalls to be made.

this is good for linux

>the most plausible explanation is that they presented themselves as entirely willing
I'm a brainlet and I think I understand what he meant by it. Why is it so hard for these people?

Based FSF kicking GNOME to the curb for good

they do understand it.
they just hate rms and want him ruined.

those that talk about gnome irrelevant keep in mind that they maintain several low lvl libs that most programs run, for example font rendering.

>reading comprehension this bad

t. autism

have sex

Once again GNOME removes something.

Reinstalling cuz this shit is based.

the jokes make them self, to think that them dropping bitmap fonts was the last type i heard about the foot people... i was wrong.

That's my joke.

what is this faggot writing about? hurr durr i'm so great cause i wrote a letter about how bad i think someone's opinion is. what a nolife

This is a coup.

>what is this faggot writing about?
PR.

old.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/d55pek/gnome_relationship_with_gnu_and_the_fsf/
>The thing is, this isn't about stallman at all, but rather more about ... male privilege
>I do want to say, as a man, that male privilege is real and men should use it to advance the equality of the less privileged.

>browsing reddit and proceeding to make fun of your fellow redditors as though you aren't one of them

Attached: images.png (201x250, 6K)

what a unironic white knight cuck

>reddit
you're as retarded as he is

No thanks for the unkind words, stranger. I'm just a fellow channer trying to bring more OC to the thread.

Good to see GNOME is finally giving in and admitting that it can't keep up with the loli train. If only they had withdrawn sooner and let a more reasonable UI framework emerge to take their place. Clearly, the best software is made by and for lolis.