What is the best non-gayminf keyboard switch and why is it the Cherry MX Brown?

What is the best non-gayminf keyboard switch and why is it the Cherry MX Brown?

>pic related

Attached: E39C7D76-D873-40E8-A44E-549757C6E791.jpg (1010x1010, 49K)

>Cherry MX Brown

Attached: letsgo.jpg (640x640, 146K)

>Not clears with 62g springs

im using them and they're shit

Browns took some time to break in but until that point it literally felt like the fucking keys had sand in them. Now it's alright, nothing crazy. Would get something else if I had to bother.

Why?

patrician choice

Give me one reason why browns aren't good for gaming.

Attached: 1550557531717.jpg (1346x1800, 522K)

because its a nice balance between feel and feedback (sound)

Gateron Blue

>non-gaming
>cherry MX anything
wut? come back again with kailh box white or something

MX browns are nice to type on and they're good for games, but black switches are God tier. I'm getting a chink keyboard with zorro MX black switches in the mail soon so hopefully I can throw out the shitty, outdated and horrible quality unicomp meme keyboard I'm using now. Buckling springs are the worst of all.

Pretty happy with Gateron Yellow. I have a keyboard with MX Brown lying around. Not touching it unless I have to.

Oh, and I have an old PS/2 keyboard with MX Black which was saved from a hardware trash dumpster. Really nice.

I have the cherry mx brown soft tactile on my Das Keyboard.

Very nice
Much supreme

I use a Microsoft Digital Media Pro keyboard i've had for over a decade as it just works.

i have mx browns, had reds and blues before. i like browns. blues were probably better strictly for typing though

I have Gateron Browns and I actually like them more than the Cherry ones in my previous board, I think the feel's a bit better and they've kept their detent longer.

theres no such thing as a gaming or non-gaming switch. different switch types suit different people.
i rarely ever game and use reds at home and at work because anything with "tactile" feedback makes me want to fucking kill myself

whats so bad about buck springs? i've never used one but boy oh boy has my eye wandered...

browns have literally 0 tactile feedback. you cant feel it while typing
the cherry-style switches were never meant to be tactile and were originally created to be linear switches. want tactility? get kailh box switches

I've only tried out blues, browns, and reds. Browns are the best for typing and reds are shit.

>reds are shit
so you like your silky smooth key registration blocked by a small annoying bumped?
this

Kailh Navy BOX Thick Click

Or Jade box if you're a weak fingered babby

Attached: file.png (300x200, 45K)

TOO LOUD

MEMBRANES ARE FINE

MECHANICAL KEYBOARDS ARE FOR AUTISTS AND MEMBRANE KEYBOARDS PERFORM JUST AS WELL IF NOT BETTER

are you ok?
membrane keys last about 2 million keystrokes, thats ~a year or two
mech keys last ~50 million
thats about 10 years

>mech autists buy a new keyboard every year
>normal people use their mebrane keyboards for tens of years

normal people don't care, they just want to be a be to type up their word documents
membranes get harder as they age, while a normalfag that doesn't care might get buy, having to press harder on a 5-year-old membrane is just a shit experience
also
>>mech autists buy a new keyboad evvery year
tell that to the IBM autists

Cherry switches are garbage, but browns are probably near the top of that heap of garbage, next to Cherry MY. How anyone could enjoy the sissy tactility of that scratchy switch is beyond me, even a rubber dome is better.

Membranes are just pieces of paper, user. You mean rubber domes.

I got a realforce recently after my cherry blue died and felt it was fine. What is Jow Forums's opinion on it? Honestly the much reduced noise does help me a bit since I use it at work. I used to not care since so many people wear headphones anyways but I got a couple of comments that my typing was loud.

> best non-gayming keyboard switch
> why is it the Cherry MX Brown
It's not, it's Cherry MX Blue

I found Topre to be overrated and overpriced, but it was much better than Cherry switches at least. It's a good switch but just too expensive imo

based and soldout pilled

that's not how you spell MX Blue, op

HE CRACKED THE CODE

MX silver is best switch browns are unsuable after the swap

>Cherry Blues sound so turbo annoying that you don't want to use them
>Cherry Browns are just scratchy linears
>Cherry Reds are inferior to basically every Chinese clone
>Chinese clones that are available in my country are hilariously overpriced (GMMK)
>Chinese clones shipped from abroad will end up costing even more than local ones

WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DOOO

Attached: BaLbbtjCMAAgbCr.jpg (500x711, 73K)

Clears.

Well you were close but it's actually Gateron Brown

>only local clears are Gaterons from Glorious
>desu want just good linears anyway without getting ripped off

Attached: BPiyezxCYAAYp5H.png (530x510, 393K)

They feel like reds with dirt stuck inside them. If you want tactility go with clears.

I like Gateron Browns.
Also I tried Cherry Reds the other days and it literally feels worse than membrane.

>gaming switch

I actually feel bad for you for being such a brainlet you buy into brand marketing and their "red switches are the best for gayming" meme, when it means absolutely nothing

If we're talking about actual switches for a moment

It's the IBM buckling spring, followed by Topre, then zealios, holy panda, hako clears or kailh box royals. Not browns.

Because they are just a scratchy red. Browns has no tactile feel, you might as well just get reds instead.

>Browns has no tactile feel, you might as well just get reds instead.

I'm pretty sure that this meme is being spammed by people that have never tested Browns vs Reds in their lifes.

this keyboard with MX Blue is godtier

Attached: godtier.jpg (955x637, 86K)

I like them for gaming and non-gaming. Great switches

Attached: 20190815_151118.jpg (4032x1960, 3.76M)

This
>membranes last a year or two
My work keyboard , a cheap acer membrane is still going after 10 years