Any anons who own LSR305 or 305p mkii?

Any anons who own LSR305 or 305p mkii?
is there any audible hiss from the listening position?
I'm thinking of getting these, and I'm wondering if there is audible hiss when there's nothing playing (seated 1 meter away from tweeter)

Attached: 3series_product_slider_11.jpg (736x455, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

noaudiophile.com/speakercalc/
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jbl-705p-708p.1303/page-21#post-168080
twitter.com/AnonBabble

LSR308 owner here (1st gen)
yes there is a hiss but you can only hear it from like less than a meter. I have them on stands behind my desk so I can't hear the hiss. My walls are treated too so if I was audible from my position it would've really stand out.
Hiss is a curse of any monitors as they are active speakers and in your case there is a separate power delivery system for each drive and twitter so 4 in total.

thx user
if it's only audible from less than a meter, then I am relieved
I was kinda worried because a some people complained that hiss is audible from their listening position

hold on I'll grab a measuring tape and tell you how far away am I and when does the hiss starts to be annoying

okay so I'm ~140cm from the monitors and can't hear the hiss. At 90cm I need to rotate my head to force myself to hear it. At 1m it's basically impossible to pick it up. Keep in mind that there in a PC working near the desk so it's not a super quiet room but it has MSi 1070 in it (fans in passive mode until temps hit 60) and a noctua fans / CPU fan.

Bottom line is even I'm too close to my 8 inchers because they need to have at least 2 meters between them so truly breathe. if you can hear the hiss you're too close. Simple as that.
Invest extra ~100 in stands and be happy

thx for confirming user
I was planning to get a stand too

Attached: 1515618721112.png (720x644, 31K)

Glad to help.
PS. Don't forget about the positioning in the room. My desk is literally almost in the middle of the room but IDGAF as long as I get a proper sound.
noaudiophile.com/speakercalc/

Depends on the noise level in your room and your hearing sensitivity. I could hear the hiss from 1 meter. It's not that noticeable but it's annoying after you notice it.
Also I have a 7 series JBLs and while their noise is lower in level, they have a 17 kHz tone in it and it's even more annoying than the 3 series hiss. It was really driving me crazy until I moved them a bit further from me.

Not OP but I can hear only up to 16k and I'm 30. I think it has a lot to do with this that Image Control Waveguide feature. Yamahas also hiss but it's not that notifiable due to different speaker design.

Attached: waveguide.jpg (1141x620, 180K)

i have lsr305 as my computer speakers and theres a hiss if you put your ear to it but if youre sitting back you wont hear it. i say go for it, theyre really good.

I suspect it's because cheap shitty amplifiers are making this 17 kHz tone. JBL cut costs everywhere they can but their 7 series monitors are still ridiculously overpriced.
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/jbl-705p-708p.1303/page-21#post-168080
The 3 series do not have this retarded 17 kHz tone and I think they are great value, but the hiss can be a problem.

they are jewing out on everything but as I said you only hear hiss if you're too close. be that $2k 7 series or $200 5 inchers they still hiss and require you to place them in at appropriate distance. good monitors overall, especially if someone has an untreated room - unlike yamahas, they can be tuned to +2db on bass while japs can only go down in that department.

In a dead quiet room you will hear them no matter what, I don't know why these people who claim you need to be close don't mention that.

I have a pair of 306p mkii
How do I kill the hiss? It wasn't there until I moved into a new place.

maybe it's ground loop noise?

Quested sr8 or bust

Anything I can do? It's the exact same setup otherwise.

I bought these for my turn table a few years ago they sound fine I don't remember any hissing.

Try plug it and pc in different power outlets
I think some older houses might lack grounding and putting tape over the ground pin is a method for blocking noise as well.

You can get "i" version without shady jbl amps

Whats the price range on these monitors for a pair 250-300?, kali lp6's may be a similar price but better.

could be ground noise, try a grounded power strip or a rack power conditioner with a ground and use ballanced cables.

Non of those are particulary expensive solutions.

this

There is a hiss but it's not as bad as many people claim.