/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

Old thread: What are you working on, Jow Forums?

Attached: spain-fs8.png (402x402, 582)

Other urls found in this thread:

isocpp.org/
blog.vimuser.org/littleleah.html
cplusplus.com/reference/ios/hex/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm working on Ada's number.

python

Bane?

>want to post about my work
>realize people in the community i make stuff for browse Jow Forums
>some of those people might even see my posts and out me
>get too nervous to post

I really hope you are keeping up with your JavaScript studies, Anone!

Attached: b374deb9cb8176f6dfa2ab8db2c5f855.jpg (853x1280, 118K)

what would happen if that image had less pixels ?

mi smo programeri

it would be incredibly blurry

for jew

const lol = (i => () => i++)(0)

user, this is 4channel, dont be ashamed!
There's nothing wrong with browsing Jow Forums!!!

why would you ever subject yourself to that?

Show me your maze generation algorithm or this snek gets expelled from the harem!

Attached: 1564297929497.jpg (1152x2048, 292K)

>Kruskal's
>Depth-first search
>Breadth-first search

What do you use that snake for?

trying to make a fake chromecast appear on the list of available devices of android apps like spotify or twitch, using avahi

randomly pick poke walls, use path-compression to check if cells are in the same set

I'm working on a wave simulator to help predict how much devastation future tsunamis will do to Japan as the climate goes to shit.

Attached: 1565904675398.png (657x527, 45K)

Neat. More details? What sort of model?

>he doesn't keep his code in a shared volume to run in a docker container

I don't use docker since i'm not a cuck.

First for nim best language

so, just spotting the anime studios near the coast?

based nim dev

What do I learn if I got no idea what I like
Choose something for me /dpt/

Learn Nim

Learn Ada!

for-loops should be banned from lisp

Learn a language that is three letters or three syllables long (or both).

You should ban yourself from posting.

Why would I learn a meme language?
I meant like a skill/framework/tool so I become more employable

C#
.NET Core 3 about to drop

Ada has a job market though... Just go learn Java if you want to be a wagie.

yea I already know java but like how do I become better at it?

Is there a program that's like notepad++ but for GNU/Linux?

Mousepad

Please take this seriously.

emacs

I am.

KWrite is alright.

Linear algebra was a mistake. It's nothing but trash.

Attached: tejina_flailing.png (282x287, 82K)

Is it even necessary

It's necessary for shader programming, for one.

sounds like a meme

shader programming is like VR. It's a marketing term. "3d graphics" are displayed on a two-dimensional screen, and "virtual reality" only supplies a few sensory inputs.
math is useful in meme3d programming, but just pick up "3d Math Primer for Graphics and Game Development"

It's an absolute necessity for anything 3d graphics related.

I like Kate

The lens on your eyes are 2D surfaces. Even you can't see true 3D. It's your brain that's reconstructing reality as it thinks it is based on our senses.

Attached: cat2.jpg (572x621, 104K)

Your point?

3D graphics is a meme and all we needed was good 2D.

>The lens on your eyes are 2D surfaces
No they're not. Lenses only work because they are not flat.

Hmm any rust fags here? My project structure is as follows:

src
ui
mod.rs
alarm.rs

Now in `mod.rs`, I have

#[macro_export]
macro_rules! pack {
($container:expr, $widget:expr, $expand:expr) => {
$container.pack_start($widget, $expand, true, crate::consts::DIALOG_BOX_SPACING_U32)
};
}

But in `alarm.rs` I cannot access this macro using `super::pack!()`. How can I access a macro defined in `mod.rs`? For reference, I can access normal functions this way with no issues. I never used macros before.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-09-17 09-54-59.png (3588x1246, 354K)

Lisp is the most powerful programming language.

What's a good C++11/14/17 book for a boomer who hasn't used C++ since he graduated college in the pre-C++11 era?

notepad+++wine

isocpp.org/

youtube

In C, this is just #include "myheader.h"

C doesn't even have hygienic macros, grandpa. Forget modules system, CPP naively copies and pastes code resulting in redundant imports. Furthermore the CPP pasted codes are invisible to compilers' type checker. C doesn't even have proper symbol privacy specifier.
>C
Yuck! I don't live in the 80's.

I wasn't asking for your life story or a description of your hormone treatments, I was just saying that this could've been a very simple process, yet it is not.
You trannies get triggered so fucking easily.

>muh tranny
You know you lost an argument when you resort to ad-hom, C tranny
blog.vimuser.org/littleleah.html

How does Rust implement reader macros?

How big of a field is that even

reader macros? It doesn't have them. I can't think of a single language other than Common Lisp that has them. Rust's macros are apparently some weird thing that gives you the tokenized source to manipulate, although apparently there are crates that can construct an AST for you to manipulate instead.

Big enough.

What's the most readable and widely libraried general purpose programming language for someone who's starting out? I've done some scripting before, know my way around regex/bash/ps but I want to advance.

Attached: coomercharger.png (517x744, 443K)

>widely libraried
you're basically asking for TIOBE top ten with this. Java, C#, Python.
Java and C# will continue to improve for a while, but Python is shit. It has a ton of libraries however, and although it's actual readability is about 1/10th the level proclaimed by propaganda (solid walls of indistinguishable code aren't that easy on the eyes actually) it's the least verbose of the 'most libraried' languages.

Thanks for the info.

I'm confused about hexadecimal in c++. Like if I make a char into an into it give decimal value how do you convert it.

What are you trying to say in your last sentence

neither chars nor ints "have decimal value". You can render them into decimal numerals. Probably what you really want to ask is how you can emit hexadecimal numbers with iostreams.
cplusplus.com/reference/ios/hex/

>iostreams

Attached: 1568626657957.png (551x491, 261K)

it sure isn't a question that anyone would ask if they were using printf()

>not using write(fd, char* str, size_t len)

>char* str
It's void * though.

I didn't want to trigger anyone so I censored the implication

This dumb programming class that I'm taking uses this website to teach the content and it keeps repeating that a program will not compile faster or run faster if it has shorter variable names. Is this true?

Yes, longer names make a program run faster.

it's *conceiveable* that you could have a program with identifiers so long that it impacts compile-time speeds, simply by requiring more syscalls to read in the source, but practically speaking, no, there's no difference whatsoever.

How should I install qt in windows?
every resource I find tells me something different

just use Win32 API, it is really well designed.

that may be true but some software won't build without qt

Why do people from here like using dead or literal who languages?

Maybe you are just ignorant. *shakes head like black woman*

Like?

I like Haskell because of the way it forces me to think. I usually use Python and Java for serious stuff though.

I'm just being realistic.
Anything out of the normal C, C++, Java, C#, Python, etc.
So it's just for mental masturbation?

once you've learned a language, learning another isn't that hard. For some people (NEETs) it feels like a significant accomplishment to get an understanding of another language, so they can do this for a while without actually producing anything. But, since it really isn't, there also isn't much of a barrier to picking up something because you think it might be useful in itself or (this is a common excuse:) illustrative of some principles that you can bring back to languages you're more productive in.
Next time Advent of Code comes along, start preparing a few weeks out and then try doing the entire contest in a new language. I've done this twice--it's a lot of fun, language usefulness aside.
Anyway, after you've learned some languages, some of them will be more interesting to you than others, so you'll talk about those languages. There's no rule that they have to be unpopular, but that the great mass of programmers are fucking stupid troglodytes whose opinion should be discarded like bird shit on your jacket, this is easily proven by BrainFuck being massively more popular than Befunge.

>mental masturbation
call it mental exercise. It's not immediately productive, but no exercise is. It's something that you benefit from over a long period, and it can be fun

>Advent of Code
I don't partake in jewish traditions.

it's a Catholic tradition. The Spanish Inquisition was done by Catholics, and the target was Jews who pretended to convert.

>it is really well designed
AHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHA

I agree, any langs other than those are useless for the most part.

>Vim, rust, haskell, etc

>Vim
>language

>what is vimscript

Just admit it you spelled Nim wrong.

I'm actually not him.

Learn Lisp.

But I know Lisp. Apparently Rust is a variant of Lisp.