/CentOS/ - general

Start getting hyped! CentOS 8.0 coming 9/24
twitter.com/CentOSProject/status/1173652996305170432

Attached: 1531231863174.png (1000x1000, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

flathub.org/home
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CentOS isn't even a good server OS. The base install with no extra running services still used several hundred MBs of RAM. Meanwhile, Alpine barely uses anything. More available memory to be used by your actual fucking daemons and services.

*last time I tried it. Maybe 8.0 will be more efficient? Stratis looks neat at least.

>several hundred MBs
>MBs
What year is it?

Fedora(Xfce spin) is superior.

OpenSUSE uses 100 MiB of RAM in console mode without anything running.

Several hundred = about 300. That's a third of a gig, my nigger. On a minimal install TTY.

Based, I was just reading about the CentOS community. Thinking of joining the SIG of the core
Cringe

FUCK YES

Keep coping, CentOS is the most powerful distro out there.

In fact, any non-brainlet who wants to use linux would choose between CentOS, Void, or Gentoo

try not being a retarded nigger monkey. I get around 100MB on minimal installation. Alpine shill

That's faster than I expected. A few days ago I was reading one of their sites about the status of 8.

Don't lie, if you checked a week ago, everything was literally ready. Just a few things more needed to be checked, got delayed because 7.7 takes priority

Can I install Fedora with nothing on it (specifically no GNOME) without using the server version? I haven’t decided on Fedora or CentOS, switching from Arch.

google.com

For CentOS, Yes. As long as you use the net-install you can disable DE installation.

Attached: Untitled.png (581x288, 8K)

Fedora Server
But just install the Workstation Xfce spin
kys

I installed CentOS without a DE without net install, I was wondering if Fedora comes in any way without a preinstalled DE. I like the idea of CentOS but I think I want more upstream packages.

>spoonfeeding archtards

of course you can install it without a desktop retard.
god you archtards are insufferable.
just read the fucking webpage

Honestly i stopped reading at the question mark. I deeply regret my decision.

>I think I want more upstream packages
Flatpaks and building from the latest Fedora's srpms (source rpms) are options for specific programs you want the most recent versions of. The srpms will usually build. Check flathub.org/home if you're not familiar with it.

fun fact centos is short for centipede os

Why would one choose CentOS over Debian for home, use unless you use RHEL at work and are overly familiar with it?

It justwerks and will continue to justwerk for at least 10 years.

Oh my fuck yes

Attached: CORGI.webm (301x265, 2.13M)

>Use Fedora for Desktop as well
>Support by friendly offtime RH employees
>I'm used to it
It's not really a problem of choosing one over the other these days, just to stick with it.

Anyone going or using now CentOS on laptop?
I like fedora but CentOS seems nice to have like a backup on another lvm partition if I somehow fuck Fedora, which is almost impossible to do tbqh.

Far enough. I've used apt for the vast majority of my time using GNU+Linux so that and what I perceive to be a larger number of packages are my main two reasons for sticking with Debian.

I will definitely concede that RPM>Deb as well