Framework Hell is the Result of Shortsighted Architecture

>REACT, REDUX, REACT HOOKS, VIRTUAL DOM, REACT-BOOTSTRAP, REACT-BELLE, REACT toolbox, REACT GROMMET, SEMANTIC UI REACT, REACT FIBER

GEE I WONDER WHY SOFTWARE ENGINEERS ARE BECOMING SO EXPENSIVE. ALL THIS SHIT TO DO THE SAME SHIT IN VANILLA HTML CSS + JS.

FUCK JQUERY, THE DOGSHIT SPAWN THAT GAVE WAY TO FRAMEWORK HELL. FUCK YOU INCOMPETENT FRAMEWORK SHITHEADS, FUCK YOU HIRING MANAGERS, FUCK YOU "NEW GROOVE" STARTUPS. I'VE HAD TO WASTE YEARS RELEARNING REACT BECAUSE OF SOME FARTSNIFFING CHUB CHUG WHO WANTED TO BE DIFFERENT.

Attached: eee.jpg (647x740, 54K)

React is just a library for functional programming in JS, there is nothing to "relearn". You are just a bad programmer

>he rather spends hours reinventing the wheel than to run a simple command script
Get off your vanilla meme user. Frameworks are the future, they basically do the work for you.

I'm with OP on this one. I have more of a back end background, and when everyone required full stack, I played along. I left my job doing java webapps when they had me working on four projects with angular, knockout, react, and node.

Now I'm working on an application on ASP.NET 2.0 framework with only jQuery and most of the focus on the database and I couldn't be happier. Fuck progress

Attached: iunderstandyourfrustration.jpg (500x500, 100K)

You are not a deep react dev, stfu.

unironically, they make more work with the additional micro-managing that comes with each "added feature"

>I left my job doing java webapps when they had me working on four projects with angular, knockout, react, and node.
Wait how were you using those with java

working with angular AND react, holy shit that must've been cancer.

Java just exposes API which you request from React with something like axios. It's not rocket science user

svelte is the end to javascript framework hell

God bless this OP. My thoughts exactly. It's the same thing on the "DevOps" side. On one hand you got tranny shit like MongoDB (which some people STILL unironically defend) and then on the other you have leaky abstractions like Docker that make it virtually impossible to see how the software is interacting with the system without installing yet more bloatware. Its super aids all around.
People reaching for quick fixes based off google search results. No one wants to take the time to do the hard thing and learn how it can be done professionally. Everyone is a fucking amateur these days and its fucking sad. Things aren't like they used to be. I can't discuss a SQL query with anyone under the age of 30 without them zoning out and running off to play fortnite. No one wants to learn how to design architecture and build systems around it. No one gives a shit about what the business is trying to do anymore. Its just fun and games and buzzwords jacking each other off all day while people in accounting are losing their fucking minds. Fuck all of you turboniggers who are responsible for this madness. Fix your shit and get in line.

LOL based. God I fucking hate dev ops and that I have to do it working for a small company. I thought it would be easy compared to programming but it's way more frustrating. Bless you.

This is why I pursue embedded and gayme developments instead.
Fuck CRUD programs/web applications

>We're looking for java programmers
okay, i can do that

>GROOVY, DOCKER, MONGO, REACT, ANGULAR, C++16 I THINK, VISUAL STUDIO, MICROSOFT WORD, AND STEAM

oh, I mean, I know some angular, can I just get a rundown on those

>no

I love these kinds of job reqs. Makes it so easy to filter out shitty ones with a 2 second glance. I have an entire list of trigger words that will cause me to insta-dumpster a posting:

>Angular
>Mongo
>React
>Kubes
>Docker
>NPM
>Objective-C
>iOS
>Typescript
>Go
>Rust
>Microservices
>Diverse
>PHP
>Serverless
>Cloud native
>SCSS/SASS/AIDS/etc
>YAML
>Javascript (if its posted explicitly, you should also expect them to post things like 'can wipe own ass')

Try it out sometime. Could save you a decade of wasted life.

How does it feel making 50k a year working on low level embedded trash?

He means a Java backend. You just get a Java Server Container to host your API and route app requests to npm

I should clarify I've never done this myself the when I was working in Java but my current job does essentially the same thing with ASP instead of tomcat.

Try 130k w/ equity.
I work in the financial sector building line of business applications using tooling for grown-ups created by Microsoft. We don't have time to fuck around with childish toys built by drug addicts in California.

So what business value does that bring for our startup, user?

Attached: 1539417968644.jpg (500x333, 26K)

The web was always like this you retard. Hell pre all this shit, I was hacking it with gwt. Other people were shoving some other mega polyfill or transpile crap framework to deal with the fact that all the browsers did their own special snowflake shit. Now people are just doing it because browser apis are cancer and the dom is about as flexible as a steam treated wooden spoon.

>Shortsighted
That would seem to imply that anyone were creating software intentionally.

The value realization here is that simplicity is the key to success, especially if you are a startup and you can't afford to throw an entire room of on-call engineers at a shitty mongo/kubes cluster, or spend weeks waiting for a vendor to release a fix for something you might have been able to manage yourself.
>Your web app isn't Netflix.
>You will probably never need more than 1 machine to run your application.
Stop acting like you can replace shitty development skills with DevOps tooling. Cant figure out how to write 1-2 CLI statements to automate your build and deployment process? Might as well install an entire cluster of CI/CD cancer to manage it instead. Oh wow you can actually deploy directly to the VM? How the fuck? Are you serious? Wowzers! That means I don't need any of this docker shit and I can just focus on building my application!
Maybe if you make it past year 1 you can worry about hiring a consultant to shove the docker BBC up your asses.

Our public cloud hosted docker web app is very stable. Do you have any cost figures supporting your claims?

Attached: 1541477564543.jpg (400x300, 84K)

Please, show me the way out of this hell. Tell me the savior stack.

Yeah I do
*bends over*

React does make your life a lot easier though.
Pure JS is better for small things or functional UIs but anything complex React saves you a lot of time.
Plus JSX syntax is comfy.

Soon literally everything will be abstracted and we'll be dealing with google or facebook or disneys middleware interfaces to do anything.
Javascript will be purely functional and disney will buy all the servers in the world.

OP you are a faggot

JS frameworks provide coherent best practices and structure for teams of multiple people to build web applications. There's nothing wrong with that

Attached: 239322340015202.gif (400x267, 1.12M)

You're not gonna like the answer....or the smell

COBOL

>embedded system shit
>burgerflipper wages
IIRC even the lowest paying jobs in that area are like 80k lol. Aspie technical nerds like that are rare.

Wait until some other fucknut introduces his own syntax and way of "making things easier"

go2hell framework dickanus

>power goes out at the host
>can't make money for days

we need a brainfuck to SQL compiler to interface between the nested Lua and Java virtual machines
I heard you liked midware so I put midware inside your midware

>Application server: A bare-ass windows or linux VM accessible via VNC/SSH/RDP running in a private LAN in some cloud provider.
>A comfy VPN connection to said private LAN
>Reverse Proxy: Another server running nginx in the public LAN that handles all your web traffic. This is where every ssl cert you ever have to fuck with will live. Terminates SSL and proxies requests back to your application server(s) on their private LANs.
>On your application server: You install fucking nothing. Run your OS updates.
>Configure snapshots of the server.
>Your application:
>SQLite or Postgres for persistence
>C# + .NET Core + AspNetCore for backend/web
>Compile your .NET app using Self-Contained deployments so you don't have to install any runtimes on the application server target. Bonus points if you picked SQLite because this means you have to install literally nothing and it just works (tm).
>Vanilla JS/HTML/CSS with something like RiotJS sprinkled in with Bootstrap 4 to make it look tolerable.
>grab dat Xamarin for webapps. Make sure all your backend to web communication uses a simple JSON API so you can easily tie in mobile apps.
>Put all source code in GitHub, set up new GitHub actions to build and deploy your code to your cloud provider directly. Or, set up Jenkins and learn how to become a god with maximum control and custom CI/CD tooling.
That's about it user. I can make billions of dollars with only the items listed above.

fucknuts make new libraries and frameworks everyday, only the good ones like react are used by people
if you don't like it simply don't use it

Xamarin for mobile apps not web apps holy shit.

pure bloat

how bout this:
write you own RDBMS
write you own TCP/IP stack
write scripting language to generate you markup and css (no soiscript needed)
write your own version control system

you can use only C and make a full fledged application, no need for all this bloatware user

>be fullstack dev
>like frontend stuff more when it's just html, js (with jQuery), and css
>company decides we now do react
>everything new is done with react
>lose interest in frontend and start preferring the backend work with Java
And for fucking what purpose? So you can claim you're using the same shiny toys everyone else is. Frontend would be super comfy for modern browsers (no IE support) with a modern jQuery replacement, or even without one.

Also I'd question the productivity of these frameworks. I've seen simple few input forms that you could do in a day or two take weeks to be done in react when everything is broken down into components and with a massive amount of dependencies and bundle sizes multiple orders of magnitude larger.

God Bless.